Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The problem in apply online system

• 16-01-2013 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

I applied for the test online today but I encountered a problem. I had paid the fee and also received the payment confirmation email then, But I accidentally closed the scheduling page before I confirm my application. And now I cannot apply for the test because it said “You already have an open application for this test category”, and I cannot see any method to manage my uncompleted application now. So I just wondering how I can go back to the scheduling page and book the date again? Could anybody please give me the help?

Manay thanks in advanced!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

You should be able to, just login/logout and retry

If not just give them a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 alk8113

areyawell wrote: »
    You should be able to, just login/logout and retry

If not just give them a ring.

Thanks! I have sent the email and plan to make a ring tomorrow...The system seems so...eh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭J_R

alk8113 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I applied for the test online today but I encountered a problem. I had paid the fee and also received the payment confirmation email then, But I accidentally closed the scheduling page before I confirm my application. And now I cannot apply for the test because it said “You already have an open application for this test category”, and I cannot see any method to manage my uncompleted application now. So I just wondering how I can go back to the scheduling page and book the date again? Could anybody please give me the help?

Manay thanks in advanced!!

The reason you were getting the message "You already have an open application for this test category" is because it was reading a "Cookie" it set on your computer.

There are a few ways to circumvent,

These depend on your computer settings
    Close then open your browser
    switch off/on your computer

Or
    Delete the cookie or open and use a different browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 alk8113

J_R wrote: »
    The reason you were getting the message "You already have an open application for this test category" is because it was reading a "Cookie" it set on your computer.

There are a few ways to circumvent,

These depend on your computer settings
    Close then open your browser
    switch off/on your computer

Or
    Delete the cookie or open and use a different browser.

I have tried but the same thing. Actually at that moment I had passed throught the payment step and paid the fee already, and then accidentally I closed the browser before I scheduled the test date...So now I paid the fee but I didn't schedule the date, and I just wonder if I succeeded to apply for the test yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭J_R

alk8113 wrote: »
    I have tried but the same thing. Actually at that moment I had passed throught the payment step and paid the fee already, and then accidentally I closed the browser before I scheduled the test date...So now I paid the fee but I didn't schedule the date, and I just wonder if I succeeded to apply for the test yet?

Hi,

I think would be too late now to do anything yourself online. So, give them a ring, they will sort it out.

But did you try "History" in your browser ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement