Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Community Employment scheme - child dependant

• 21-06-2011 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I wonder could anybody help me with this matter.

My cousin has been on CE scheme for the last 2 years. She lives with her partner who has a full time job and they have a 6 year old son. She works 19.5 hours a week and gets the standard rate of €208 per week.

I had a look at the Rates on the CE Scheme website and it seems that she could be eligible for an extra payment for her child.

On the website it says:
    Participant without dependants €208
    Participant with adult dependant €332.80*
    Each child dependant (full rate) €29.80
    Each child dependant (half rate) €14.90

Would you know if she is eligible to get the extra €29.80 a week? Who could she contact about this?

Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

With her partner working she would only get a half rate for the child.On a other note the max time on a CE scheme is meant to be 2 years.proceed cautiously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ray_

mp22 wrote: »
    With her partner working she would only get a half rate for the child.On a other note the max time on a CE scheme is meant to be 2 years.proceed cautiously.

That was a very quick reply, thank you. I was actually wondering what what was the difference between the half rate and full rate so that is clear now. Her placement is due to finish next month and it will not be extended. Would you know it that extra payment can be claimed since the day she started on the scheme?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

She should chase it up,I think FAS is where to start enquiring about the payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

If her partners wages are over a certain amount then she wouldnt have been entitled to the half rate child dependant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rebeccaw

ray_ wrote: »
    mp22 wrote: »

That was a very quick reply, thank you. I was actually wondering what what was the difference between the half rate and full rate so that is clear now. Her placement is due to finish next month and it will not be extended. Would you know it that extra payment can be claimed since the day she started on the scheme?

Hey ,I have been working in a ce scheme for nearly two years myself and I am on the flat rate also ,but have 2 children and I am married , how did your cousins get on with the claim ? Wounding about this half rate ,justseen this half rate thing now myself
    ,any information would be helpful !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

AFAIK The child rate is based on what you were receiving from social welfare prior to starting on the scheme, so if you were receiving full rate or half rate for a child, definitely follow it up. Perhaps the Supervisor could make a discreet enquiry for you.

Advertisement