Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards.ie Survival and FTB

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

What we have one!!!! I looked around and could only find one room with a few doors and some small tunnels with other random doors! I really must have missed something here LOL. We need a tour guide :)

Did you see the room with the giant mushroom? You go through the nether portal in the building by original spawn, and then go straight up the stairs opposite the portal in the nether.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Sciscitatio

Did you see the room with the giant mushroom? You go through the nether portal in the building by original spawn, and then go straight up the stairs opposite the portal in the nether.

O right, yes ive seen that room! its a bit small no? Are there any free doors there! I must have missed something.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

Hurray now lets all play Space Engineers ! :pac:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244850/

if theirs enough interest il host a sever myself ! got the broadband and computational power :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

there's*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Pompous wrote: »
    there's*

Now now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

Im not sure theirs enought for pompidou I do hope this website can exlpain cos ive been thier IRFL im still looking but i got overe it and now i live
    a normal lief :)http://www.centrepompidou.fr/cpv/resource/ckXMxBE/ryjMG6M

2nd September for 1.8 to be released with the following:
    You can find Mojang's patch notes below.

Added Granite, Andesite, and Diorite stone blocks, with smooth versions
    Added Slime Block
    Added Iron Trapdoor
    Added Prismarine and Sea Lantern blocks
    Added the Ocean Monument
    Added Red Sandstone
    Added Banners
    Added Armor Stands
    Added Coarse Dirt (dirt where grass won’t grow)
    Added Guardian mobs, with item drops
    Added Endermite mob
    Added Rabbits, with item drops
    Added Mutton and Cooked Mutton
    Villagers will harvest crops and plant new ones
    Mossy Cobblestone and Mossy Stone Bricks are now craftable
    Chiseled Stone Bricks are now craftable
    Doors and fences now come in all wood type variants
    Sponge block has regained its water-absorbing ability and becomes wet
    Added a spectator game mode (game mode 3)
    Added one new achievement
    Added “Customized” world type
    Added hidden “Debug Mode” world type
    Worlds can now have a world barrier
    Added @e target selector for Command Blocks
    Added /blockdata command
    Added /clone command
    Added /execute command
    Added /fill command
    Added /particle command
    Added /testforblocks command
    Added /title command
    Added /trigger command
    Added /worldborder command
    Added /stats command
    Containers can be locked in custom maps by using the “Lock” data tag
    Added logAdminCommands, showDeathMessages, reducedDebugInfo, sendCommandFeedback, and randomTickSpeed game rules
    Added three new statistics
    Player skins can now have double layers across the whole model, and left/right arms/legs can be edited independently
    Added a new player model with smaller arms, and a new player skin called Alex?
    Added options for configuring what pieces of the skin that are visible
    Blocks can now have custom visual variations in the resource packs
    Minecraft Realms now has an activity chart, so you can see who has been online
    Minecraft Realms now lets you upload your maps
    Difficulty setting is saved per world, and can be locked if wanted
    Enchanting has been redone, now costs lapis lazuli in addition to enchantment levels
    Villager trading has been rebalanced
    Anvil repairing has been rebalanced
    Considerable faster client-side performance
    Max render distance has been increased to 32 chunks (512 blocks)
    Adventure mode now prevents you from destroying blocks, unless your items have the CanDestroy data tag
    Resource packs can now also define the shape of blocks and items, and not just their textures
    Scoreboards have been given a lot of new features
    Tweaked the F3 debug screen
    Block ID numbers (such as 1 for stone), are being replaced by ID names (such as minecraft:stone)
    Server list has been improved
    A few minor changes to village and temple generation
    Mob heads for players now show both skin layers
    Buttons can now be placed on the ceiling
    Lots and lots of other changes
    LOTS AND LOTS of other changes
    Removed Herobrine

http://m.pcgamer.com/2014/08/22/minecrafts-bountiful-1-8-update-pre-released-brings-performance-improvements-and-rabbits/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Class! I'll be starting a new single-player world for that :D

Such good news! Can't wait for 1.8!

Can we have the boards server updated to it (after the bugs get worked out)! Can we, can we, can we, pleaseeeee :)

Ah, I feel better now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

After logging tools become available for it, yes! But that won't be for quite a while I suspect :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Think the larger render distance is the most exciting on that list. Going to look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mindstorms

The new enchanting system, while now completely over-powered, is great as well.

Solitaire wrote: »
    After logging tools become available for it, yes! But that won't be for quite a while I suspect :o

That's all I needed to know, :) now I'm even happier about this update

Ender dragon fight is tonight, if anyone wants to join!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

*raises hand* Time?

welchy wrote: »
    *raises hand* Time?

Whenever you're ready!

I did a little reconaissance, all but one of the ender crystals are already destroyed I think, but the dragon's at full health

Found someone's diamond gear on the ground waaay over the far side of where you spawn in. In a chest in there now.

Oh, only stipulation is it must be either before or after the City - Liverpool game!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

hmm after for me so

welchy wrote: »
    hmm after for me so

Grand, I'll be on around 9.45 - 10ish.

Found lots and lots of different peoples' stuff. If anybody remembers losing something in particular, you should check 3/4 chests scattered around The End

Gonna nip into the job for an hour and try get on then. Prob around half nine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Grand, I'll be on around 9.45 - 10ish.

Found lots and lots of different peoples' stuff. If anybody remembers losing something in particular, you should check 3/4 chests scattered around The End

Accidentally went into the End and I was killed almost instantly so I know one of them is mine. I had diamond gear, probably a lot of wood and stones (cobbled or block).

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Accidentally went into the End and I was killed almost instantly so I know one of them is mine. I had diamond gear, probably a lot of wood and stones (cobbled or block).

Have a root through the chests and take what's yours!

There's a couple of really good picks that I'm sure somebody worked hard for and would like back, other than that there's nothing terribly important there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Have a root through the chests and take what's yours!

There's a couple of really good picks that I'm sure somebody worked hard for and would like back, other than that there's nothing terribly important there.

I definitely had enchanted picks. Not sure about armour though, might have 2 parts enchanted.

I'm giving FtB Lite 2 a try...Not running sooo well on my laptop :o

Ok it runs alright if I have a short render distance and smooth lighting, particles and clouds off!

Wow, sooo much to learn :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Renegaid

prepare thy butts for some paddling! It'll be like the Wither all over again x]

1.8 has landed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Renegaid

To the Underwater Temples!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Maybe later, too busy playing FTB :p

but I miss dark oak :o

• Advertisement

Of all the bases I've ever made in Minecraft, only one has ever not been above an abandoned mineshaft. I have the weirdest luck..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement