Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hope you get a good lie in Reiketsu! ;)

What guitar did you get Nic?

I'm pretty happy today, because the stuff I've been waiting for from Zavvi finally arrived today! Yay! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,489 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Fender Precision bass (american special). Guy who owned it before spent €300 on cosmetics by getting the headstock painted the same colour as the body and changed the scratchplate to reflective chrome. It's €1000-1100 new and I got it for €640 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Fender Precision bass (american special). Guy who owned it before spent €300 on cosmetics by getting the headstock painted the same colour as the body and changed the scratchplate to reflective chrome. It's €1000-1100 new and I got it for €640 :)

Nice! Any pics?

320590.jpg

At work so can't take a proper photo, but this is the only good one on my phone. The pic doesn't do it justice though. It really is a sight to behold.

Wow! Looks shiny! :D

I'm hoping to bargain the guy down for the guitar I want but I don't know how much he'll budge on the price. I guess we wait and see.

• Advertisement

At work so can't take a proper photo, but this is the only good one on my phone. The pic doesn't do it justice though. It really is a sight to behold.

Looks like a tasty Bass. Is that a chrome scratch plate?
    Links234 wrote: »
    Wow! Looks shiny! :D

I'm hoping to bargain the guy down for the guitar I want but I don't know how much he'll budge on the price. I guess we wait and see.

What guitar, Links? An Ibanez? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Very nice Nicolascage !

I might be getting a bass and amp myself soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

That is one sexy looking bass!

Just got my own bass back from my brother. He's only after killing it :(

Passenger wrote: »
    What guitar, Links? An Ibanez? :D

Nope, not an Ibanez ;) I think you could possibly have an idea of what it is though :p

Nope, not an Ibanez ;) I think you could possibly have an idea of what it is though :p

MusicMan?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

P_1 wrote: »
    That is one sexy looking bass!

Just got my own bass back from my brother. He's only after killing it :(

What did he do he do to it?:eek:

What did he do he do to it?:eek:

Looks like he dropped it repeatedly. One of the knobs is missing, the pickups are fooked and there's a battered looking BMW badge stuck onto it with what appears to be chewing gum. I'd say it's repairable but one is currently not very amused.

Passenger wrote: »
    MusicMan?

I'll put you out of your misery, it's the Edwards version of Leda's signature guitar :eek:

tumblr_m5cjhdNx9j1qhxpox.jpg

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/artist/leda/index.html

Once I loaned a bass of mine to a bassist from a visiting band and he wrecked it. It was a Yamaha RBX 5-string (nothing too valuable) with a graphite finish and no scratchplate. I dunno what his picking style is, but during the one gig he used it for, he scratched the **** out of the body around the strings and dislodged the jack input.

Brought it to Someneck who fixed the input handily enough, but tried a quick coating on the scratches but it barely made a difference. Lesson learned; don't trust your guitars with anybody you don't know.

Jesus, I'd never lend an instrument to someone, I've learned a lesson with some CDs I'd lent before, friend lost them and was like meh. didn't even offer to replace them. some people just have no respect for other peoples property at all :(

Jesus, I'd never lend an instrument to someone, I've learned a lesson with some CDs I'd lent before, friend lost them and was like meh. didn't even offer to replace them. some people just have no respect for other peoples property at all :(

To be honest I had kinda lost interest in playing when I let him nab it. Can't really haul him over the coals over it in all fairness

I'll put you out of your misery, it's the Edwards version of Leda's signature guitar :eek:

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/artist/leda/index.html

Ah! ESP. One of Japan's finest musical exports no doubt. ;)
    Once I loaned a bass of mine to a bassist from a visiting band and he wrecked it. It was a Yamaha RBX 5-string (nothing too valuable) with a graphite finish and no scratchplate. I dunno what his picking style is, but during the one gig he used it for, he scratched the **** out of the body around the strings and dislodged the jack input.

Brought it to Someneck who fixed the input handily enough, but tried a quick coating on the scratches but it barely made a difference. Lesson learned; don't trust your guitars with anybody you don't know.

Yep, treat 'em like your children. :pac:

I think I may have myself a new guitar soon :)

Afternoon folks ;)

Have you guys seen this?

• Advertisement

Hey folks?

What's everyone up to?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Sitting on the couch, willing myself to move, but so far failing.

You? :D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Evenin' all

Just chilling doing not much at all while trying to gather my thoughts for prep for an interview on Monday

Playing Payday 2 a bit :D Really enjoying it lately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I've been replaying Hitman Absolution and just forked out money for a dress etc for my cousin's wedding in a few weeks. Will be lying low until then as I'll need every penny (which my mum will hold on to for me as I'd find something to spend them on :pac:)

I've got a big family event coming up so I'll probably be wearing a dress for it :o I don't wear dresses very often at all, so I've only a few that see the light of day once in a while :pac:

I have a few but none fit...that and they are all black! The one I have ordered is blue, hoping it looks okay on me. I envy my brother, he just needs to stick on a suit and thats him ready.

Shockingly I have a couple that are not black :p But yeah, I think I'll be wearing a black one anyway, I had one in mind for a while. I took out an old T-shirt when I was going brewing the last week and I had to take photographic evidence otherwise people wouldn't believe me that I wasn't wearing black for like a day :pac: A friend is trying to get me to wear something white now, dunno if that's gonna happen any time soon! :p

I think the last time I wore white was during a school themed night out 6 or 7 years ago :P. There are a few photos of me not wearing entirely black - a pink Cyberdog tshirt at a chavtastic Chemical Brothers gig, a purple top at a wedding and a red corset...thats about it! I just think black is great. Actually, I had a black Cyberdog tshirt on today as well - with a pink and purple design on it!

• Advertisement

I too have a black cyberdog tee with a pink and purple design on it, it's not a butterfly/cyberdog logo one is it?

Advertisement