Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP... pretty please :)

• 30-12-2013 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi, my 8 yr old got an xbox for christmas - the only game he wants to play is minecraft! Our TV is a 50 inch SONY brought about 6/7 yrs ago. The minecraft game wont play. Checked it out and told we needed a HDMI cable - tried this and still not working! Any ideas? I feel like bad santa :D - all he wants to do is play minecraft!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭billie1b

tracey1098 wrote: »
    Hi, my 8 yr old got an xbox for christmas - the only game he wants to play is minecraft! Our TV is a 50 inch SONY brought about 6/7 yrs ago. The minecraft game wont play. Checked it out and told we needed a HDMI cable - tried this and still not working! Any ideas? I feel like bad santa :D - all he wants to do is play minecraft!

I had the same problem, Santa brought the kids the xbox with minecraft, we just had to connect it to the internet and it needed an update is all

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭tracey1098

Really? Do you remember where you found update?

tracey1098 wrote: »
    Really? Do you remember where you found update?

Connect your xbox to the internet, turn it on and it should come up automatically for you, just follow the instructions, that will update the xbox, when thats finished insert the minecraft game and it will do the same to update it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

What is displayed on your screen when you put in the game?
    A bit of detailed information will be beneficial.
    Just make sure you have connected the Xbox to the internet before you power it on. It will download an essential update then.
    As Billie said, above!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Since your TV is 6-7 years old, does it even have a HDMI input? Would SCART be a better option? (Unless you have an XBox One, which has only HDMI, that is!)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement

bnt wrote: »
    Since your TV is 6-7 years old, does it even have a HDMI input? Would SCART be a better option? (Unless you have an XBox One, which has only HDMI, that is!)

Bought my Sony Bravia when my son was born, it was full HD, he's 9 in 6 months, the kids use it now for their xbox and I now have a Samsung full HD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 rocketholden

Just buy him it on pc problem solved he is will way more hours of entertainment xbox always has these small problems one of the reasons i left the console gaming :p but if all comes to all ring xbox support there pretty helpful

Advertisement