Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

3/4 day weeks?

• 22-09-2011 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭

I work seven 12 hour shifts(11 paid) in 2 weeks.

Every second week I work a sunday and 2 other days that week - As far as I know thats only counted as a 2 days so would I be entitled to any payment for the other days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Oranage2 wrote: »

Every second week I work a sunday and 2 other days that week - As far as I know thats only counted as a 2 days so would I be entitled to any payment for the other days?

If you work 3 twelve hour shifts a week this is counted as full time work and you are not entitled to any sw payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

eastbono wrote: »
    If you work 3 twelve hour shifts a week this is counted as full time work and you are not entitled to any sw payment.

Even though one of them is on a Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

So you have a full time job, but that's not good enough? You want money off the state? Have you not noticed we are bankrupt? That post is what's wrong with this country...

Yes even though one of them is a Sunday it is considered a full time job. It is 36 hours a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

7 x 12 = 84hrs

84/2 = 42hrs per week average

I'm sorry, but how in gods name could you even think you'd get welfare?

That's a full time job! More hours than me

If your job pays you SFA then you need to look at:

A) a better job
    and/or
    B) a 2nd job

Welfare can't and SHOULDN'T help you out

If your doing 12hr stints you probably should check if your getting shift allowance and IF you are entitled to it

• Advertisement

7 x 12 = 84hrs

A) a better job
    and/or
    B) a 2nd job

If your doing 12hr stints you probably should check if your getting shift allowance and IF you are entitled to it

That was a great post, look at the op's posts in work and jobs he has loads of helpful posts there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

7 x 12 = 84hrs

A) a better job
    and/or
    B) a 2nd job

I was just wondering if I was entitled to anything since I knew one lad working part time and a sunday and he'd come out with the best part of 370e a week -

Also it might work out at working 42 hours but I'm only paid for 77/2 = 38.5hours

I do get shift allowance - I was just wondering if I was entitled to anything else since it seems everyone is at it but it seems not but thanks to the helpful people anyway.

seems everyone is at it but it seems not but thanks to the helpful people anyway.

If everyone is at it, report them. Its coming out of your taxes.

I was just wondering if I was entitled to anything since I knew one lad working part time and a sunday and he'd come out with the best part of 370e a week -

Also it might work out at working 42 hours but I'm only paid for 77/2 = 38.5hours

I do get shift allowance - I was just wondering if I was entitled to anything else since it seems everyone is at it but it seems not but thanks to the helpful people anyway.

Its not a problem asking if you were entitled to anything... ignore the negative posters... you may be entitled to family income supplement check out the link below
    http://www.welfare.ie/en/Search/Pages/SearchResult.aspx?k=family+income+supplement

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Posters are reminded to please read the forum charter.
    People may be in difficult personal circumstances, and are coming here asking for ADVICE, not to be judged. If you cannot be helpful and civil in your posts, please do not post. Any advice given should be mature, constructive and non-abusive. Excessive sarkiness & bullying will not be tolerated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement