Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

oldest new car on sale

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

bazz26 wrote: »
    Ok but to be honest in that case the Golf hasn't changed much then since the MkI either. They all look similar though each generation bar the MkVI has a different chassis which imo defines a new and different model.

True enough, especially with the Mk II & III - again looked more like a facelift.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Point taken but both models still look very, very similar.
    They're quite different to be fair. And the whole point of this thread is the oldest car you can buy brand new. The current Focus is only since 04, and facelifted anyway in 09.
    The original Beetle or Mini are the strongest contenders, as is the Mk1 Golf, which you can buy in Mexico, although that may have ended a year or two ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    The original Beetle or Mini are the strongest contenders, as is the Mk1 Golf, which you can buy in Mexico, although that may have ended a year or two ago.

They stopped building the Beetle in Mexico in 2003, the original Mini was last built in 2000.

The Morris Oxford from 1956 is still built as the Hindustan Ambassador in India and has a distributor in the UK . I've seen one on an Irish plate somewhere.

hindustan-ambassador-classic.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Cars like the Volkswagen Citigolf and Hindustan Ambassador are exceptions. Sure the Peugeot 405 and 504 are still assembled and available for sale in many third-world countries.

Regarding cars for sale in Western countries, I reckon you'd do well to find a car older than 2002/3 in the industry at present. The first one that springs to my mind is the SAAB 9-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

The 504 is gone, the last version was a pickup in 2009. There was also the Dacia 1300 or Renault 12 and that was dropped a year or two ago. I recently spotted a 10 C Primera, a 10 C Avensis(last built in 2008) and someone is driving around in a 07 C Mercedes W-124, so that was in production for a really long time.......a recent post in Wiki states that Graham Walker Ltd is still producing Reliant Scimitars to order......and somewhere in Iran, a factory is producing Renault 5 mk1's......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

G Lux don't forget the Iranian built Hillman Hunters :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

johnos1984 wrote: »
    G Lux don't forget the Iranian built Hillman Hunters :p

they arent made there anymore, not since 2005...(except the Pickup) but...they are being built in the Sudan.... :)
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcRWZ8OoVavwR6o9wZng7ZJmfljxLqUqSeYvMUDMecK1zgbNA&t=1&usg=__UXy-wujzU-1DOzoMM0vwIYa3BvQ=
    Going back to the OP, the original 97 Octavia isnt listed on Skoda.ie website, so its a case of the last of them still being registered in 2010?

Heres another vehicle thats for sale and 20 years older than the Octavia.
    e_lightbox_kombi_01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I would have thought they'd be all gone by now. THe new one has low vrt
    Saw a 10 reg old model Picasso recently

• Registered Users Posts: 51,096 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Merc CLC Class, it's still based on the original C Class Sportcoupe which was an Audi A3 rival and launched back in 2001.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I saw a 10 reg Citroen Xsara in Lahinch in July, but thats NOS rather than still on general sale obviously

• Advertisement
Advertisement