Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

6 Phoenix Park Concerts 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Where's everyone drinking beforehand then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

What decent pubs are close by phoneix park?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

seanbmc wrote: »

Hole in the wall or halfway house, halfway house is closest

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭peterc1991

karaokeman wrote: »
    There was a pit for SR, not sure if it will be the same for SHM and SP though.

Question for people who went to Stone Roses? What drink was sold inside,Just one brand or what?

Is security very strict or could you sneak something in?

Does the ground cover ,cover a good majority of the ground?

Should I wear wellies?

Sorry for all the questions,Just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sabin300

I know I just posted a thread (apologies for that) just wondering if anyone knows any information about the Shuttle Buses from Custom House Quay, do you need to book it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

aidan1004 wrote: »
    anybody in the pit last night have any idea how to get into it ?? and how strict are the security about food and if they are how expensive is food in the venue ?? :)

get there early. got a pit band about 6.15 last night for Stone Roses although gates were open at 5, but the crowd was much older than average so weren't arsed about getting there early. Probably be different over the weekend. Pit has that hard plastic flooring so no mudbath up there and plenty of room.

+1 on the wear wellies and go in at castleknock entrance if you don't want a half hour walk to the concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Det. McNulty

It's just Heineken inside, €5 a pint. Everybody was getting the four pints on a tray and drinking them to avoid having to queue. Queue went really fast when we were there though, at about 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

http://www.youtube.com/rockinrio?feature=inp-lt-rmu

live stream of calvin harris on stage now in madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

After being to the stone roses here's my advice:
    Pembily wrote: »
    Can any one suggest the best entrance to go in via?

I was also told to wear wellies and I can't imagine what it will be like on Sunday :(
    Someone mentioned train to ashtown, I did that and it was really handy. Ground was very marshy, as much as I hate wearing wellies at a gig, you probably should. Stone roses had over 24 hours of dry weather before the gig and it was really marshy. It hasn't stopped raining today, so it will be fairly bad on Sunday.
    Paully D wrote: »
    Where's everyone drinking beforehand then?
    seanbmc wrote: »
    I'd recommend the Halfway House, they had beer tents set up outside in their car park and a load of portable toilets and a DJ playing music. The beer tents were also selling cans of carlsberg, coors lite and bud all for €2.50 which was good.
    Fair play to whoever owns that pub, doing a good job to make a few quid from the concerts! One problem was, the DJ should just play whatever band is playing, but he was playing some shíte inbetween stone roses songs!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

A friend told me his ma got a call saying the stage is sinking in the mud and it could possibly get cancelled?? Anyone heard anything on this????

EDIT: I think he's taking the piss, i cant find anything on the web about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

3097_341878879222529_2121845782_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

loads of stupid rumours going around.MCD have tweeted its definately going ahead. dont believe the chinese whispers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

What is the story with the pit passes anyway? If you arrive early you just queue and are given them or are do they cost? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Linoge wrote: »
    What is the story with the pit passes anyway? If you arrive early you just queue and are given them or are do they cost? Thanks

Queue early and you get them, thats always been the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Dont mind the rumours either way, it wont be MCDs decision to make. The Health and Safety and the cops will pull the plug tomorrow when the effect of that rain is seen

if either of the 2 remaining gigs go ahead ill eat my muddy boots from Stone Roses

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Dont mind the rumours either way, it wont be MCDs decision to make. The Health and Safety and the cops will pull the plug tomorrow when the effect of that rain is seen

if either of the 2 remaining gigs go ahead ill eat my muddy boots from Stone Roses

i expect videos

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Larbre34 wrote: »

So just because there is mud they will cancel the gigs? :P:P:P Hope your boots are muddy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

So just because there is mud they will cancel the gigs? :P:P:P Hope your boots are muddy

At Witnness or Oxegen a few years ago they canceled all the acts on one of the stages because the stage was sinking in the mud. It could happen with Phoenix Park also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

For anybody who thinks that disorganised gigs only happen in Ireland, think again:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/jul/07/bloc-weekend-shut-down-police?newsfeed=true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Sounds like I better go buy me some wellies for Sunday!

Can anyone tell me if the Castleknock gate was still open at the end of the concert last night? Have relatives living near enough there so might hijack their driveway if we can enter and exit through that gate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Are there water points at the gigs? Saw something about it in the safety notice from MCD, just want to make sure before tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

leaveiton wrote: »
    Are there water points at the gigs? Saw something about it in the safety notice from MCD, just want to make sure before tomorrow.

yeah they are everywhere,

1. look up
    2. open mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

It is handy for MCD to have the ZOO next door for used bedding ..watch out for the odd Elephant Sh*t !

AxNDhfiCAAACKZJ.jpg:large

Might be able to get a free ticket for SP tomorrow , so from city centre whats the best way to get to the entrance at the castleknock area?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

Jesus there is knackers everywhere. Not looking forward to this.

Drier conditions are expected across the country today after heavy downpours caused a flood risk in parts of Leinster and east Munster yesterday.

A band of heavy rain which caused severe flooding in Wales and central England pushed across the Irish Sea early yesterday morning, causing heavy and persistent rainfall across Leinster.

Dublin, Wicklow and Wexford were worst affected with up to 40mm of rain falling in some areas.

“Ground conditions are very saturated at the moment all over the country,” said Met Éireann meteorologist Vincent O’Shea. “Water table levels are high which increases the risk of flooding, but we are not expecting the same level of heavy localised rainfall that caused flooding in Cork and Antrim last week,” he said.

Road conditions were described this morning by AA Roadwatch as not being "too bad" but warned of a few areas where care is required and motorists are advised to slow down and drive with care

Roads are damp around Ennis, Co. Clare, Limerick City, Navan, Co. Meath, Naas Co. Kildare and Wexford Town. Motorists are also advised to take care on roads in Donegal and Cavan Town also in Mullingar Co. Westmeath.

Met Éireann issued a flood warning for Leinster, but yesterday evening a spokeswoman said the rainfall had not been heavy enough to cause flooding. The forecaster is predicting rain - some of it heavy and possibly thundery in northern areas today.

Bright and sunny spells are expected in the south and east, but the west and northwest of the country will experience scattered showers and heavy rain at times. Some parts of Ulster could be at risk of localised flooding.

Fans attending the Swedish House Mafia concert in the Phoenix Park in Dublin tonight, the second of three gigs in the park this weekend, have been advised to “dress appropriately” for the weather.

Concert organisers MCD has struggled to deal with the sodden ground at the venue following near record levels of rainfall in recent weeks, which was made worse by persistent downpours yesterday.

The rain held off for the Stone Roses concert on Thursday evening, but fans reported muddy conditions in the park.

MCD spokesman Justin Green said the grounds crew and the Office of Public Works have been working hard since Thursday night to prepare the ground for tonight’s gig, and a truck full of hay bales has been delivered to try to tackle the mud.

“Despite all the hard work that is being done, we can only do so much,” he said. “This is Ireland, the weather is as it is, so we are still telling people to come prepared for rain and muck and to wear their wellies and waterproofs.” Morning showers in the capital are expected to clear by afternoon, with some sunny spells. It will be mild, with temperatures of 16-20 degrees.

http://news.ie.msn.com/drier-weather-expected-after-heavy-rain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭flas

live on north circular,after seeing the crowd heading to this gig today i would hate to be anywhere near it,smashin bottles and all at 3 o'clock today!its gona get very messy later on!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Reports from friends say its a skangerfest tonight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Did people expect anything else? Id imagine its a totally different vibe to Thursday night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Wish we had police that would seriously teach those little ****ers a lesson.

Advertisement