Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vegetarian (etc.) bargains/special offers thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

"Simply drop in to The Hopsack, pick up a shampoo of your choice (at a special price of €5.00) from the range and quote 'FAITH' at the counter to receive a matching conditioner for no money at all! *offer available only while stocks last*"

If I'm right, this is the crowd with the vegan fudge too...if I'm right :o

If I know you in real life and you want me to grab you some, just PM me :)

***edit*** They just have the Seaweed, Aloe Vera and Lavender "flavours"

Also, they are *not*the place with the vegan fudge, it might be a gourmet shop further up the road, past Tescos, "Vine" and something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

good deal indeed!

Superquinn;
    Linda McCartney sausages also €2
    Pure spread, 99c
    Domaine Cristia Red Vin de Pays Grenache €11.49 now €8

and if you've got something special coming up;
    Chateauneuf du Pape Alain Grangeon reduced from about €27 to approx €20

Dunnes;
    Douglas Green Reserve Shiraz/Chardonnay €14.99 now €7.49

Tesco
    Mrs Crimbles 6 Large Choc Macaroons €1.39 (veggie, not vegan)

Spotted today, dunno how long for ('til Hallowe'en, I expect)

Butternut Squash €1 each
    Pumpkins €2 each

Right, that All-you-can-Eat-for-a-Tenner offer for Mon & Tues nights has been extended to December 29th :)

...but don't forget that the wedges are cooked in the same oil that they use for the chicken. :(

• Advertisement

Innocent smoothies 1L (even the posh ones) all €3
    Quorn frozen chicken style pieces €1.30

Doesn't seem to be the case in other Tescos.

Oxford Landing's veggie wines - Cabernet/Sauvignon/Chardonnay
    €10.99 now €7.99

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Ouchette

Haagen Dazs- 1 third off in Tescos until Oct 20th. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Any two 400g cans 'o' beans for 1.75. Including : Kidney beans, mixed beans, chickpeas.... vaarious others!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

how much they normally cost? I've bean going been madly lately, hoho.
    mmmm mixed beans!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

The bachelors variety, which is relatively fancy for the likes of dunnes, are normally over a euro per 400g can. In tesco they have 400g kidney beans for 20 cent at the moment. But this may only be that super tesco extra out in maynooth.

Superquinn - Till 24th Nov

Haribo €1.60 now €1, no sign of Jelly Beans yet but on my radar.
    Bachelors Baked beans (420g)/Peas (225g) - 2 for €1
    Kilmeaden red/white cheese 230g (I think it's ok but check), €3.29, now €2
    Uncle Bens rice 500g (long grain/Basmati/Wholegrain) - €2
    Organic Veg, any 2 for €3 (choose from onions, baby spuds, mushrooms, turnip, carrots)
    Some non organic veg - any 3 for €4 (spinach, sprouts, spuds, onions, bunched carrots, carrots&parsnips)
    Also some fruits selections, especially oranges

Tesco
    Westons Organic vegan cider - Tesco Dundrum, €2.59 6.5% proof, no sign of Pear cider there...yet (not on special, btw but way cheaper than the rare offies that stock it)

President Emmentaal cheese (veggie), BOGOF at €3.09, till 1st Dec
    Avonmore soup 1L (not all veggie), half price at 1.84 till 1st Dec
    Lyons tea 80's, 1.39 till 18th
    Not sure on dates for these offers but;
    Innocent smoothies 1L €3
    Organic Hazelnuts 175g, €2.39, Seeds of Change pasta sauce range 2 for €3.50,
    Also Kenko coffees and Lizi's granola are on special too, atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

Superquinn Blackrock
    Quorn Quarter Pounders - half price - were 2.99 now 1.49 they're in a separate reduced freezer section and they have loads of them (well 3 packs less than they used to).

Unfortunately they had no Quorn 'chicken' pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Right, that All-you-can-Eat-for-a-Tenner offer for Mon & Tues nights has been extended to December 29th :)

...but don't forget that the wedges are cooked in the same oil that they use for the chicken. :(

Do they just make pizzas regularly and leave them out or can you actually order what you want to eat?

Do they just make pizzas regularly and leave them out or can you actually order what you want to eat?

I just told them up front I was veggie and what they do is come down to you with whatever pizza they've just made - a bit of a pot luck - and give you a slice at a time quite regularly. Obviously more variety for a meater than a veggie at these nights but variety for us nonetheless!

They did exercise a bit of cop, so after a short while, they dropped down a pizza at a time to me. That was then and they were still quite new but the official line was a slice of a time of whatever they've just decided to bake.

Linda McCartney sausages - €2 till 8th Dec

and I'm presuming this applies to the larger Tescos too;

Quorn roast* - €1.94
    Quorn mince pies (pkt of 4) - €1.29

Neither were advertised as being on special, neither were marked down 'cos the Best Before date was imminent. Both in freezer section.

*Christmas roast??? Stock up now for the big day???

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Blue Moon beer is 6 for €8.99 in O'Briens off license here in Galway (maybe the rest of the country too?).

Mmmm... it's got orange and coriander in it. Tis vegan too, I checked :)

Oooh, never heard of that one before. Must to be investigated. Thx for heads up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

I'd never heard of it either, the guy in the off-license said it had a taste of banana to it, I had to try it then. I don't taste the banana though! Just a slight orange tang. It's not sweet though, just flavoursome.
    I'd recommend it :)

• Advertisement

They've just received a large-ish enough shipment of a range of organic tinned beans, cheaper than the normal range and with some interesting new typess - eg. black soy beans.

Also, their basic discount for members has gone up to 5%, so if you volunteer, you get more (15%, 25%).

They'll be open the Wed before Xmas (23rd), instead of the Thurs (Xmas Eve), as well as the regular Saturday markets and there's a Flea market next Sunday too (reccommended).

Superquinn
    Linda McCartneys Sausage Rolls (6 per pack) €1.89 now €1.26
    Also Loyd Grossman sauces (not all veggie) 2 for €2.50

both till 23rd Feb '10

Also Dunnes seem to have brought down their regular price of Quorn mince/pieces to €2

Lidl have 500ml cans of Stella for 75c each - TOMORROW ONLY - Sat 30th Jan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Superquinn
    Linda McCartneys Sausage Rolls (6 per pack) €1.89 now €1.26
    Also Loyd Grossman sauces (not all veggie) 2 for €2.50

both till 23rd Feb '10

Also Dunnes seem to have brought down their regular price of Quorn mince/pieces to €2

Lidl have 500ml cans of Stella for 75c each - TOMORROW ONLY - Sat 30th Jan :)

Going to be a fun weekend I think :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

YE babay! Supervalue 1kg baby potatoes 40c, I eh bought a few!

Linda is on the list thanks!

Dublin ood Co-Op
    Rice Dream original 1L €1.30

Tesco
    Linda McCartney Lasagne €2 (new product in bigger stores?)
    Bachelors 2 for €1.50 on 400g tins of chick peas/butter beans/red kidney beans/mixed beans. Till 9th Feb.

Hell's Pizza
    looks like that "All You Can Eat" offer for Mons/Tues is still running there.
    The poster is up but no dates as to when it started or will end.

Dunnes Stores
    Dunnes Wholefoods range - 3 for 2 (cheapest is free)

Pataks Indian sauces 500g jars - buy 2 for €2.50
    Dolmio sauces 500g 2 for €3
    Ragu sauces €1.99 now 99c

all till 9th, methinks

Holland & Barrett have a BOGOHP thing at the mo too, till 18th

Nah, t'was a special - back up to normal price now :o

Superquinn - till 23rd Feb

Quorn chicken style pieces - €2
    Linda McCartney Sausages/Sausage Rolls - 2 for €3
    Vegetarian Ready Meals - 2 for €6
    Loyd Grossman sauces - 2 for €2.50
    Dubliner Cheese (carry the VSI symbol) - 200g €2

Centra
    Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream - €3 each

Lidl - not on special but have organic, wholewheat fusilli for €1.19
    Aldi - not on special but have Dominion jellies (contain Beeswax & Shellac so up to yourselves but Gelatine free & OMFG, the NYOM!), €1.39

Nothin' special doing in Tesco/Dunnes atm.

India Gate restaurants;

yoinked from the main Bargains Alerts - Indian restaurant in both Tallaght (Belgard Road) & Rathfarnam

Looks like 2 starters,
    your choice of ANY mains dish, includes chefs special curries
    1 x portion of pilau rice
    and 1 x naan bread
    comes with portion of poppadoms, and mint dip and your usual little tray of onions and salad etc!

and for the veggie version, it's about €11

Main thread is here;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055827070

• Advertisement

Dunnes
    Dee's Omega & spicy Bean burgers - €3.79 (could be introductory price)
    Linwoods range all €5.99
    Quorn roast - not advertised as "on special" in my local Dunnes (Rathmines) but scanning at €3...thanks Clare Bear for that tip!

which is a perfect mix with Avonmore 1L veg soup, half price in Tescos till 6th April, for making The Veggie Chicken Soup of Doom!*
    Also in Tesco, Innocent smoothies range all €3 while stocks last
    Seeds of Change sauces 2 for €3.50 till the 20th

Aldi
    dropped the price of their Dominion gourmet jellies (veggie but not vegan) to €1.29, hip hip!

*The Veggie Chicken Soup of Doom! (ie. scarily convincing)
    As per the instructions, roast the Quorn roast for nearly an hour but before the time is up start heating up the litre of Avonmore veg soup in a pot (careful not to boil).
    Remove the Quorn roast but rather than let it cool properly (and therefore dry out), take off the covering as soon as you can, slice in half lengthways, then start dicing it (I do it avocado style). Drop the pieces into the soup mix and with a fork start mashing them up.

The. Biz.

Advertisement