Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Grants/Help required

• 24-05-2015 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi,

I was on SUSI last year when I was living with my unemployed father. Parents separated. Unsupported financially by my mother. During the winter my father died, and my mother took me in for shelter. I don't think SUSI with accept that I need assistance anymore. I'm in college still and can't pay fees and the like myself. On paper, my mothers income would be fine for this but in reality that isn't available to me.

Do I have any options? Are there grants available or ones that don't rely on a simply means test but can look into who I am and what situation I'm in? Are there any grants available to people whose primary carer has died in particularly poor circumstances etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

F9Devil wrote: »
    Hi,

I was on SUSI last year when I was living with my unemployed father. Parents separated. Unsupported financially by my mother. During the winter my father died, and my mother took me in for shelter. I don't think SUSI with accept that I need assistance anymore. I'm in college still and can't pay fees and the like myself. On paper, my mothers income would be fine for this but in reality that isn't available to me.

Do I have any options? Are there grants available or ones that don't rely on a simply means test but can look into who I am and what situation I'm in? Are there any grants available to people whose primary carer has died in particularly poor circumstances etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry but I thought I responded to you earlier.

Very sorry to hear about your father, your mother has now become your primary carer and you would be assessed as a dependent upon your income and her income.

Advertisement