Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Placement

• 20-05-2015 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

I've been on placement for the past year and have been receiving my grant. As placement is worth half of third year I start the second semester of third year in September and begin fourth year in January. I then have my final semester in September 2016.

As most students will finish fourth year the end of May 2016, I will have to continue on for another semester due to the placement. Would it be possible to continue to receive the grant for the last semester as I never received the grant in first year?

Sorry it's a bit complicated, I'm studying in Scotland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Each year the grant is paid in respect of the actual course time and the normal duration of the course to a maximum of 4years (undergraduate level 8).
    It is paid for a normal duration of 9 months (there are some exceptions with very few courses)
    So even though you were paid your grant whilst you were on placement, it is still only paid for the 9 months.
    If that was the fourth year of the course, then the answer is no, you will not be paid for the final semester.

Advertisement