Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I don't have a problem with checkerboard rendering. Some PC games have the option. Rainbow 6 siege is one and it works great. So basically it will render around half of 4k which is somewhere around 2560x1440 and apply some AA to it to sharpen it up.

That's more in line with what the hardware is capable of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Guy wants €350 per GTX970 on adverts, justifies it due to the 'mining craze' and refuses to listen to logic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Guy wants ?350 per GTX970 on adverts, justifies it due to the 'mining craze' and refuses to listen to logic :D

Super find, might make him an offer of a mining pick and shovel to see how it goes on. He is looking for swaps after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Guy wants €350 per GTX970 on adverts, justifies it due to the 'mining craze' and refuses to listen to logic :D
    Of all cards people seem to overvalue 970's the most. Loads sitting for €230+ on adverts. It's a €160 max card in my mind.

Your man got a bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Pretty sure he was a regular poster here at some point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

EoinHef wrote: »
    Pretty sure he was a regular poster here at some point

Seems familiar..

Swap for a 1070 or 1080Ti? Sure wouldn't they be better for mining than a 970? Looper

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

There was a guy selling a 980ti for around €450. I don't know what people are smoking these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Blitz17 wrote: »
    There was a guy selling a 980ti for around €450. I don't know what people are smoking these days.

It's the good ganja that is doing the rounds this minute. You smoke one joint and you get this mad notion to sell your graphics card at inflated prices. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Is Logitech support piss poor? Contacted them over 2 months ago still waiting on a response half their support site is stuck in an endless refresh loop on any browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Couldn't tell you what they're like these days, but historically they had a great rep. You'd often read about people contacting them over a dead mouse or whatever, and there'd be a new one sent out no bother. Of course, they had far fewer competitors back then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Is Logitech support piss poor? Contacted them over 2 months ago still waiting on a response half their support site is stuck in an endless refresh loop on any browser.

Had an issue with a mouse 2 weeks ago, opened a support case online-3 days no response; they have a number for their Cork office so I rang them (021 462 0800), they put me through to a UK support line, 2 days later a shiny new replacement G900 was shipped. They did not even ask for the mouse back-no RMA process, just had to upload the invoice.

They admitted their support ticketing process was currently bit ropey, as in some cases were not registering on their system. They were great once I called them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Had to replace a mouse with them a month ago. Guy as good as admitted they had their online system that way so people would call in.

When I did call, the guy was really friendly, and the whole thing was super efficient. Had a new mouse inside a week and they didn't even ask about the old one.

I had a G400 that had two months left on a 4 year warranty break,got in touch with logitech and two weeks later a G402 arrived,when i bought the G400 it was €20,nearly 4 years later they replace it hassle free with a mouse that was €60 at the time even though they would have seen the original mouse only cost €20 on the invoice. I was very impressed.

I register all my logitech gear on their website with pics of the invoices,guy was able to look at my account and sort it easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I see they have Ryzen laptops with RX580 now. Pretty cool but a GTX1060 laptop is a better option I think as it's faster.

Also places have Vega workstation cards listed now....

Radeon VEGA Frontier Edition Professional Air Cooled Graphics Card - 16GB HBM2 - 4096 Stream Pro

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Steam store servers must be overloaded with sale as I cannot get in. Damn you steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Inviere

Steam store servers must be overloaded with sale as I cannot get in. Damn you steam.

I got in but wasn't seeing the sale prices...same every time with Steam sales

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Yeah it's laggy and and not working properly. Takes forever to load and only sometimes shows sale prices, then when I click in to a game when it eventually loads it's showing full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭Serephucus

PSA: Shadow of Mordor is 80% off. Best deal I've seen so far.

C'mon Valve, get the reserve hamster squad on the backup wheels!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Arma 3 is €12 as well! Looks to be a solid bargain...might have to pick that one up after I'm paid next week :P

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Arma 3 is ?12 as well! Looks to be a solid bargain...might have to pick that one up after I'm paid next week :P

Is any DLC a must have for A3?

• Advertisement

I wouldnt say the DLC is essential straight off the bat,enough in the base game and mods that you could decide after playing a bit. There was free DLC just released (Malden DLC) that adds a new map and a new coop mode that looks interesting so you would get that along with the base game as well.

Ive played the game on and off since alpha and its one of my favorite games so id say its well worth €12

Looking for a 3.5"/5.25" card reader. Only want SDXC/HC, dont care for everything from CF card to MSDuo.

The important bit is speed. Plenty of readers bottleneck fast cards (have one that does about 10MB/s, another 40Mb/s). While all cards advertise their class/actual max.

Suggestions? Loads of crud on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ED E wrote: »
    Looking for a 3.5"/5.25" card reader. Only want SDXC/HC, dont care for everything from CF card to MSDuo.

The important bit is speed. Plenty of readers bottleneck fast cards (have one that does about 10MB/s, another 40Mb/s). While all cards advertise their class/actual max.

Suggestions? Loads of crud on Amazon.

What about portable?
    http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-sd-card-readers/

SanDisk Extreme Pro SD UHS-II

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Yeah, much better selection that way but hiding it in the front of the 600C would be cleanest. Desk is covered in peripherals as it is.

gUGyb54m.jpg

Yeah, much better selection that way but hiding it in the front of the 600C would be cleanest. Desk is covered in peripherals as it is.

Tell me about it.....:o

420653.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

gUGyb54m.jpg

Get one of these!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B016GEM9OS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mount that monitor man, leaves more space for your HOTAS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

ED E wrote:
    Mount that monitor man, leaves more space for your HOTAS

What is commonly suggested for mounting the monitor ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VonHaus-Monitor-Bracket-Screens-Rotation/dp/B0119NXXYQ

I have two of these for my monitors. You can get a twin arm one but two separate ones gives more scope. Highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 lukie1234

Is any DLC a must have for A3?

I would say that if you want to play multiplayer with a group of people then it really shines with all the DLC but the single player is more than fine with base game. Also battle royale type of games are still good for a while without DLC.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement