Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Hi all,

Silly I know what you mean about being too tired to cook - almost fell asleep into my curry last night :)

At the mo I'm eating cereal with prunes (!!!) for breakfast, toastie / sandwich / or soup for lunch and veg curry / fajitas / pasta in the evenings. During the day I eat a few yoghurts and some fruit...

The thing I miss most is coffee. I've kept my morning coffee but cut out the outrageous amount I used to drink so I'm constantly tired (from that and from junior!)

Hope everybody starts to feel better in the coming weeks....almost 1 trimester down!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

Girls, bit of a stupid question I know. But I can't stick my old bra's anymore, they are cutting into my ribs and I have red marks around my sides where the bra sits come eveningtime. I am just wondering when gettin a new bra, do I get a bigger cup size or bigger width size? Or do I go up a size on both??? I am not going to be able to get professional fitting for a while, so will just be picking up something in Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I never eat very well when my hubby is out of town - and being pregnant hasn't changed much.

Brekkie: 2 small slices of brack - loaded with butter.
    Lunch: either half a pizza pollo, or 2 slices of home made bruschetta
    Dinner: meat, carbs, veg - yesterday it was steak with potato gratin and philly spinach. Today I am going to get chinese takeaway

I'm also muching on Pringles and the occasional bar of chocolate, washed down with a glass of milk (bleugh) or some sparkling water.

And I'm taking Pregnacare plus and an extra folic acid supplement.

Today, I am so unhappy! I'm generally not a weepy person, but I got very upset that I had left the butter in the fridge, and that it was too hard to spread on my brack. Of all the things to get distressed over, it's daft! And yet here I am with teary eyes all morning. Fingers crossed this new "delightful" side affect moves along swiftly, or I'll be a blubbery mess!

March11 wrote: »
    Girls, bit of a stupid question I know. But I can't stick my old bra's anymore, they are cutting into my ribs and I have red marks around my sides where the bra sits come eveningtime. I am just wondering when gettin a new bra, do I get a bigger cup size or bigger width size? Or do I go up a size on both??? I am not going to be able to get professional fitting for a while, so will just be picking up something in Dunnes.

From what you're sayiing, you definitely need to go up a back size.

But, the cup size will increase with the back (e.g the cup of a 34D is similar in size to the cup of a 36C)

I would just go up in the back size, and keep the same cup size, it will be bigger all round for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I was with my doc this morning, said there was no point testing me again because I'd had three positive home kits!
    He just took my blood pressure and felt my tummy. Told me that feeling this bad is actually a good thing! Although it doesn't feel like that at the minute.

He advised to take pregnacare as its a multi vitamin and just eat a varied diet, especially fruit and veg because baby needs zinc and magnesium.

Gave me letter for hospital, he said that because of cutbacks etc Kilkenny are only scanning at 18 weeks now. He wasn't sure about Portlaoise, but I chose to go there anyway because its handier for me and work.
    The outpatients dept there told me to expect an appointment anywhere between 12-15 weeks.

But lucky for me, a consultant gynaecologist (sp) has just joins his clinic and attends there one day a week. She was a consultant in Portlaoise, but has left.
    So he said if I wanted she could give me an earlier scan, but obviously I would have to pay her to do this.

Deffo can't wait for Xmas now, so I can start telling people! And hopefully start to feel better :)

Sorry for extra long post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I'm taking pregnicare too, was surprised to see it available in dunnes!

Week 7 for me today!

Baby's now the size of a blueberry!

Baby's brain -- both hemispheres! -- is growing fast, generating about one hundred new cells every minute. Arms and legs are emerging as joints start to form, and a permanent set of kidneys (baby's third!) is now in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Congrats & welcome to the newcomers!

Baby is the size of a sweetpea or so the What to Expect app tells me, I think the next stage is blueberry, looking forward to that.

My skin is in a serious jock, getting loads of spots similar to when I'm about to get period. I reckon I'll be suffering this for the duration!

My diet is reasonable enough.
    Flavans Hi-8 muesli for brekkie (has loads of good things in it like fruit, nuts, seeds, different whole grains etc)
    Banana or yogurt mid morning
    Lunch is usualy some sort of veg soup (out of a carton not a tin) with 2 Ryvita sandwiches of ham & cheese. Small bit of choc.
    Mid afternoon piece of fruit
    Dinner is some sort of meat, carb & veg. I make a really good salad with about 6 veg in it & fill up 1/2 my plate & the OH's plate with it. Might have a small bit of choc afterwards.

I have one "normal coffee" in the mornings & then drink decaf tea & coffee rest of day, somes herbal teas. Also drink orange squash (the Hi-Juice stuff from Tesco) as not mad on taste of water from taps. Really I should get a replacement filter for the jug so I'm not drinking the toxins.

Trying to give up smoking :o I was on 10 a day & have cut down gradually to 2 and aiming to kick this within the next week or two. It's hard - why did I ever start smoking, I love it too much!

Really finding it hard to stay away from takeaway rubbish in the evenings as I'm so hungry & cold coming home from work & just want comfort food

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Sorry for the TMI but is anyone noticing extra discharge?? This morning I wiped( So sorry) and it was brownish and I got a bit upset but doctor said getting upset is bad for baby and not to worry unless it came out blood red.
    I just want my scan to hear that heartbeart.. So attached to my blueberry

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Javagal try not to worry. If the doctor says it's ok as long as it's not red then try not to get upset about it. Go back and see your GP if it continues but for now try not to let it upset you. Easier said than done, I know. I think everybody is worrying about doing something wrong / eating something wrong/ not exercising too much / not exercising enough... wouldn't it be nice if we could all just chill out:) (as if that's going to happen!)

I was panicing yesterday when I read that women with morning sickness are less likely to miscarry and I have had none at all... as well as that I've had 2 lletz procedures so I've been told my cervix is just scar tissue at this stage so more prone to miscarriages later on in the pregnancy... but then again my baby wasn't planned so I'm counting it as a little blessing and trying to take one day at a time and hoping for the best possible outcome for the him/her. And I have to say that this forum is really supporting me through it - I hope we're all here in August to tell the tale of our beautiful healthy little babies!
    x

javagal wrote: »
    Sorry for the TMI but is anyone noticing extra discharge?? This morning I wiped( So sorry) and it was brownish and I got a bit upset but doctor said getting upset is bad for baby and not to worry unless it came out blood red.

Hi Javagal, this is exactly why I had an early scan - I had a vaguely brown discharge one morning. They found a heartbeat, and I was very relieved! It's happened once since - very, very light, noticeable only to me - it wouldn't have even shown up on my knickers, i'm sure. But apparently it's very common, loads of women experience it and go on to have happy, healthy babies! My mum works in a hospital, and the nurses there said it's especially common around the time that you would have got your period - and the only reason to worry is if it is red blood. So, almost exactly what your doctor said too.

So, please don't worry, and just take it easy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I had a bleed with bright red blood and everything was fine aswell. Is there any chance your GP will refer you to foetal assessment unit/early pregnancy unit just so that you aren't worrying? I do know that worry though, hard and all as it is try to relax.

I'm gonna keep a close eye on it and try not too worry, If I see any that are worrying I'll go for a private scan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

I went for private scan + visit to clinic in tallaght on Tuesday
    Baby is healthy, heart beat is there and there is nothing to worry at the moment.
    I was order to relax and rest as much as I can, sleep as much as I can and do nothing - doctor even asked me do I want sick leave as I have a cold.
    I decide to stick going to work, but when I get home I'm resting.

Javagal I'm sure you will be ok. Just in case let me know and I will give you contact for doctor I visit. She is really good.

Javagal, I'm sure everything will be grand! Go to the doctor if you are worried. That's what they're there for.

Saurelin, that's great about the early scan, nice to get that reassurance that everything is going a ok.

Mink, well done on cutting down on the cigarettes, here's hoping you can give them up for good soon!

I'm still fine. No sickness, boobs seem to be a bit better. I'm just tired in the evenings etc..

Personal Q: are ye still, you know, doing the deed with your husbands/partners?
    We have a few times. Hubby gets a bit nervous though and afterwards he'd be like "are you alright, any pain? Oh I hope I didn't damage junior!!!". A bit over the top I know...

Morning ladies.

Javagal - unless there is blood accompanied by pain, then you should be ok, but as the others have said, if you are worried, see you doc or EPU to put your mind at rest. Thinking of you - it's a thing we are all anxious about. I am constantly on knicker watch too!!

Kash I am sorry, but I was laughing at you about the butter!!! That is annoying at the best of times, but with all the hormones I can understand why you cried you poor thing! How are you feeling now?

Mamaheidi - we will all be here in August looking for advice and tips - positive thinking and happy thoughts!!! :)

Cyning - any improvement in the sickness?

Silly - we are still doing the deed, less frequently though I will admit, am still anxious about unsettling everything in there. It does feel different though and I find it even feels different when I go to the loo!!! Weird stuff! :eek:

I am 6 wks 2 days today and this morning my tum seems very big and quite solid to the touch. Slight twinges again, like that stretching feeling. Boobs absolutely killing me, bloody things, I wish I could take them off completely in the evening!!

Bad morning this morning, dropped my soup for lunch and it smashed on the ground, came into work and alarm was going off for an hour before someone could fix it - me head! Then printer jammed and needed toner replacing, then photocopier jammed aswell and it took me ages to sort that!! :mad:

Going to doc this eve to do bloods to check my progesterone again and think I will get my iron checked too as the restless legs are just bananas!

How is everyone else today?

March, I'm laughing at that myself today, yesterday it was a travesty of epic proportions! Best of luck with the doc this evening.

Silly, my hubby was home for the weekend, and normally we would be at it like rabbits - but we were running around so much we didn't have much opportunity, and then when we did get a few hours alone together I had zero interest, I felt too tired, queasy, and achey to even consider it! He's home again in 2 weeks, and i'm sure we can make up for lost time then :D

Saurelin - congrats on the healthy scan, it's a load off your mind, i'm sure!

I am feeling miles better this morning - of course, I haven't got out of bed yet (i work from home), the nausea is very mild today, and my back is far less sore. Here's hoping all you lovely ladies have a great day!

Silly: I can't bear being moved at the moment so my poor husband isn't allowed near me: at all!! He's not too bothered though: I think hes afraid i'll vomit on him :D

March11: Afraid not!! Im still finding it very difficult to eat anything and to keepit down... Still off work with it aswell: don't think I'll be back this side of Christmas from the looks of it!

8 and a half weeks today... I'm starting to feel a little bit more confident now :o

Kash that must be hard with your husband working away fair play to you.

At least you are getting plenty of rest Cyning, sorry to hear it's still bad though.

Ques - are all GP visits free now?

March11 wrote: »
    Kash that must be hard with your husband working away fair play to you.

At least you are getting plenty of rest Cyning, sorry to hear it's still bad though.

Ques - are all GP visits free now?
    I think they are free from 6 weeks pregnant to when baby is 6 weeks old.

Your first GP apt to confirm pregnancy you have to pay for. The ones after that are free, the GP gives you a form to fill out at 1st apt to apply for "combined care".

I actually asked OH last night when last time was we did the deed & it's a week & 1/2 ago (we'd normally be 2-4 times a week, sometimes 1). We haven't done it since found out I'm preg. He seems to be a bit put off, not in a "I'm gross way" but some other sort of way. I think once we get used to the whole idea a bit more we'll get back into it.

Got letter from Rotunda for my booking scan in Jan when I'll be exactly 12 weeks. I only posted the GP's letter on Monday morning :eek: I'm impressed.

Booked scan to check for specific problems like Downs, that's right after the Rotunda scan cause you have to do this one from 11.5wks to 13.6wks only. I don't know anyone else at all who's gotten it done in Ireland as it's not routine & not especially needed, it was just something we decided we wanted to do if I got preg. It's a bit expensive so will have to work out the dough but personally will give me peace of mind.

Feeling good today :p Good to read up on all you guys too & hear experiences from ladies in the same boat!

• Advertisement

Afternoon all,

After a 'normalish' feeling day yesterday, I'm absolutely exhausted and feeling really rough today.

Silly - we haven't done it since we found out, but that's because I've been feeling so rough.

Mink, That's great you got your appointment so quickly. I hope Portlaoise are ask efficient!

I haven't got my appt for my scan yet, and only got the stuff on combined care in post yesterday: it was all sent when I was 4 weeks gone. Hope appt for scan comes soon...

kildareash wrote: »
    Afternoon all,

After a 'normalish' feeling day yesterday, I'm absolutely exhausted and feeling really rough today.

Silly - we haven't done it since we found out, but that's because I've been feeling so rough.

Mink, That's great you got your appointment so quickly. I hope Portlaoise are ask efficient!

I got a letter from Portlaoise today to say I'm on the waiting list!! I'm 8.5 weeks!

I got a letter from Portlaoise today to say I'm on the waiting list!! I'm 8.5 weeks!

Did they say how long the waiting list was?
    I'll post my letter over the weekend. Did you specify who you wanted to see?

I so cannot wait for 5.30pm. I think I'll be asleep on the desk before then tho. Funny, how I always have loads of energy for the drive home tho!

kildareash wrote: »
    Did they say how long the waiting list was?
    I'll post my letter over the weekend. Did you specify who you wanted to see?

I so cannot wait for 5.30pm. I think I'll be asleep on the desk before then tho. Funny, how I always have loads of energy for the drive home tho!

Always the way,
    When I'm home I've loads of energy, but in college, other story!!
    My gp just sent off my letter, It said nothing about how long the waiting list was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 PuntoSeller

Mink that was quick! I rang them on the 21st and have heard nothing since!
    Do I have to send the letter in? I thought you could ring them, they'd send a letter out with your first appt. info and you could bring your letter in on the first appt.?

I know I was really surprised. They would have received my gp's letter tues and sent out the apt same day as I got it yesterday.

It might have something to do with fact I put a post it on the letter saying that I'd forgot to tell gp that my blood type is rh O negative so I need to get injections at certain points of pregnancy and after birth. If the baby has a different blood type to me and our blood mixes, as in if I have a fall or at birth, then I would immediately start producing anti-bodies which would attack the baby and treat it as a foreign object in my body. The anti-d injections kill off my anti- bodies.

My granny lost many babies over 12 years because she had same blood type and they didn't know re this in the 30's and 40's. My dad survived because he is rh O negative too.

I can't think of any other reason as I would have thought rotunda is very busy.

Mink that was quick! I rang them on the 21st and have heard nothing since!
    Do I have to send the letter in? I thought you could ring them, they'd send a letter out with your first appt. info and you could bring your letter in on the first appt.?

I don't know if you have to send a letter in from gp or if you can just call. Call them again tomorrow and ask them specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Minxy Moo

Hi Girls,

I'm 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant now. It's been lovely reading this thread, I've been so worried about things going wrong it's nice to know I'm not the only one :) This pregnancy has been a bit of a surprise, my husband and I had only been trying for a few weeks. I'm so happy now tho that it has happened. Finding it difficult not to worry about what's happening in there tho, just hope it's all okay :)

• Advertisement

No more dodgey discharge for me thank god! Really need to relax and try enjoy this, I really just wanna see baby's heartbeart for comfort but can't afford a private scan before xmas.
    Nipples feel like they have pins and needless!!

Advertisement