Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lightbox help.

• 16-07-2009 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭

First off, I'm completely new to all of this so go slow ok:pac:.

The story so far....
    I did a mock up of a site in photoshop, sliced 'er up, stuck in a few links and had me a very basic but functional 4 page site (albiet in messy tables & what not). I decided I'd make it as close to the end product as possible before starting again & coding it up properly(almost) so I added a lightbox gallery which worked fine.
    Every thing seemed to be going fine when redoing the site but now I'm stuck at the gallery,basically I cant get lightbox to work properly.

Problem - When I click the thumbnail the lightbox window opens, it displays the image for around 1 second then the image disappears. The image is shown right in the center of the screen (which is fine) but there is also a white strip the height of the image and full with of the screen which shouldn't be there.

- Light box wont work on any of the pages in the new site yet it still works fine on the old one.

- I'm happy enough that the folders are set up correctly as I created a basic html page in the new folder with nothing but the thumbnail image and it worked fine.

- All of the new pages were created from the same template, so I have a feeling it may be something to do with the CSS styles in them that aren't in the old one.

- I tried placing the image directly after the opening <body> tag to rule out div's/style constraints, didn't work

basically I'm stumped:( but I'm a n00b so this will probably be something basic.

Edit: Nevermind, sorted it;)

Advertisement