Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix for Wii

• 20-02-2012 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone use it? Was going to use it on Xbox only to find out you have to pay an extra poxy fiver a month to join their Xbox live thing. Fudge that

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yep, I use it with the Wii all the time along with UPC broadband. Works perfect. Never any buffering at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

o1s1n wrote: »
    Yep, I use it with the Wii all the time along with UPC broadband. Works perfect. Never any buffering at all.

Cool i have upc too but there's no extra cost like xbox??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Nope. The channel is free to download off the wii shop channel. Make sure not to go over your cap though (although UPC has a high cap of 500GB if you are on the 25mb package or above) Its also free to download/use on PS3.

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Nope. The channel is free to download off the wii shop channel. Make sure not to go over your cap though (although UPC has a high cap of 500GB if you are on the 25mb package or above)

Ok. Thanks so much :-) On the 25mb package so doubt i'll go over!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Got the netflix trial & mostly use the wii to watch it. Have UPC normal broadband, and have not had any issues either. Would recc OP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

What bits do I need for the wii, does it need an internet dongle or does it have wifi built in.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Wifi is built in with the Wii, you need nothing other than your wifi connection, your telly and your wii.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I just set up my Wii to use the US Netflix... fantastic selection. :)

Mr E wrote: »

How did you do that

You can have up to 3 different connections on your Wii - I used one of my free ones. Set up a new manual network connection as outlined here (click the "How to Adjust Manual Settings on the Wii" link on left sidebar). <SNIP>

Edit: The extra instructions have been removed to fall into line with the new Copyright S.I. that was signed into law last week. Sorry....

• Advertisement

You can have up to 3 different connections on your Wii - I used one of my free ones. Set up a new manual network connection as outlined here (click the "How to Adjust Manual Settings on the Wii" link on left sidebar)<SNIP>.

jaysus there really is a lot more :eek:

for anyone who has netflix watch shaolin soccer. it is EPIC

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

Do you need a US Credit Card to register for the Us Netflix?

Nope. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭gremha

Has anyone had issues with the signal dropping for about a second or two, flicking to a 3D like effect for a second & then coming back ? Happens every seven minutes or so.

Using the Netflix USA method posted above

You can have up to 3 different connections on your Wii - I used one of my free ones. Set up a new manual network connection as outlined here (click the "How to Adjust Manual Settings on the Wii" link on left sidebar).

+1, thanks a lot for that, took 5 mins to tweak and well worth it!

gremha wrote: »
    Has anyone had issues with the signal dropping for about a second or two, flicking to a 3D like effect for a second & then coming back ? Happens every seven minutes or so.

Using the Netflix USA method posted above

Hi, no that has not happenned yet thankfully & we've been watching it quite a bit on the wii. I did have to put the settings in twice tho' for it to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭gremha

I think my issue may be down to me adding a new device & not clicking "check it" on the unlock-us website

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

Has anyone been able to setup BBC iPlayer on their Wii?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I had this sorted on the American version and was working fine. I now suddenly find that it's stopped and won;t log on (but can still get Irish/UK version).

Anyone else having problems?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,124 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Tabnabs wrote: »
    I had this sorted on the American version and was working fine. I now suddenly find that it's stopped and won;t log on (but can still get Irish/UK version).

Anyone else having problems?
    Yeah, same thing happening with me.

Same here. I was showing the american version to a friend of mine about 7:15 last night and it stopped working after about 10 minutes of browsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,124 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Same here. I was showing the american version to a friend of mine about 7:15 last night and it stopped working after about 10 minutes of browsing.
    So, it has come to this!

Master of the Universe

Happened to me too and my parents!

God damn it, I was really enjoying the American one :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

How do you select the genre now? All the usual 'Sci-Fi', 'Horror', 'Comedy' etc categories are gone??

Master of the Universe

Working again!

Great to read its working again,
    Mine was off US for 24 hrs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Just got it the US netflix installed now as a suprise for the OH in the morning. My god there's so much to go through, really puts the irish one in perspective (and i've actually been defending it til now).
    Mr E, thanks for the instuction! I'll be getting serious brownie points now :D

Master of the Universe

zef wrote: »
    Great to read its working again,
    Mine was off US for 24 hrs too.

Mine's not 100% the way it was before now :( Sometimes it works fine, but for some reason it keeps timing out a lot more. Right now I cant get it to connect at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Had no problems this evening, a new style of US log in I noticed too.

Advertisement