Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/oct/22/street-fighter-x-tekken-v2013-patch-notes-part-2-toro-megaman-cole-kazuya-nina-marduk-king-bob-and-julia/

Some more patch notes have come out, covering some of the PS Exclusives and some of the Tekken Cast.

Julia has fallen victim to Capcom's glass ceiling and her backdash now travels 40% less distance ( OUCH. Sorry Fergus. )

Kazuya has gotten buffed, LOL. So did King and Marduk.

Seeing that Nina is the only character I play somewhat decently in that list I can say she's come out of this alright. A mixture of nerfs and buffs for her ( mostly buffs, though. )

At first glance, Just from reading Bob's Buffs it looks like hes getting roids

Julia on the other hand, losing 1frame super, nerfed health, Chain combos fixed AND loss of Rose like backdash [Or command dash losing range?]
    Least she got some damage buffs

Fergus will not be pleased...

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

A changelog that I can get hype for.

Huge grin on my face from Bob buffs.

Big walk speed increase.

Big buffs on his 2 AA's which were already good to be honest. A little disappointed if he cant do AA Cracker -- cr.hp anymore but the startup + invuln buff is huge, 6f startup with 11f of invuln :D. I assume he could still do AA Cracker xx Pound Cake -- Giga Jacker/tag cancel for decent damage.

Fast Break now overhead + cancellable, was a completely useless move before. Interesting to see how it works now. I know it knocks down but I honestly cant remember how far they get knocked away, if it will be possible to juggle with Cracker.

Granchi Cannon loop removed, expected nerf, not a move I ever really used.

Far HP boost nerf as expected, and Spiral Rocky is now a useless move but every other dp tag has been nerfed so this was somewhat expected.

King lost half his knee combos but got a reliable AA and huge damage buffs on his specials, counter hit b+mk - LP Giant Swing is going to be something like 400 damage lol.

Skimmed over Nina changes even though I play her, I saw LK Geyser now crushes air attacks which is insane.

Toro, Cole and Fat Megaman buffs **** YES.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Julia nerfs don't really bother me too much.

Loss of 1f super makes me sad though :(, faster and more damaging DP is nice although it seems useless for tag cancelling as a reversal now, nice to see throw damage buffs, and ex lashing arrow wallbounce will certainly be useful and she builds a lot more meter off tiger strike and her cr.mp is a lot better now, I see better/more damaging combos coming Julia's way. Cr.lk nerf is a bummer though but it was asking for it, same with backdash. Also vagina tax but w/e.

I'm really happy they didn't touch her party crasher move, that's the most fun part about her, Julia got off pretty lightly tbh for a top character, just gotta block more with her if backdash is ass now and DP tag is useless.

I'll probably still use her, not as if she's completely torn apart like certain characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Reverse Arm Slam Combo - Move does not come out with [121+P]
    Wonderful Mexican Special Combo - Move does not come out with [121+PPP]

Best. Buffs. Ever.

Not even kidding.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I fully endorse these changes:

King

cr. HP – Startup 8F->7F - (+2F on hit/-4F on block) - Hit box enlarged - Active frames change to 5 - Hurt box above the chest area is invincible against air attacks - Push back on hit and block when used in boost combo reduced

Running Jaguar Bomb (L) – Invincible against air attacks - Startup 12F->6F

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Kazuya changes seem messed up to me but I haven't read any other changes..
    Did he get owned?

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

He got more nerfed than buffed. But I think many thought he be nerfed harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/oct/23/street-fighter-x-tekken-v2013-patch-notes-part-3-hwoarang-steve-yoshimitsu-raven-kuma-heihachi-lili-asuka-marshall-law-paul-and-more/

Fergus, you are going to be very Happy with what they did to Asuka.

I will say this, I'm kind of surprised that Lili got off so lightly, in fact she got more buffed than nerfed if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Julia nerfs don't really bother me too much.

Loss of 1f super makes me sad though :(, faster and more damaging DP is nice although it seems useless for tag cancelling as a reversal now, nice to see throw damage buffs, and ex lashing arrow wallbounce will certainly be useful and she builds a lot more meter off tiger strike and her cr.mp is a lot better now, I see better/more damaging combos coming Julia's way. Cr.lk nerf is a bummer though but it was asking for it, same with backdash. Also vagina tax but w/e.

I'm really happy they didn't touch her party crasher move, that's the most fun part about her, Julia got off pretty lightly tbh for a top character, just gotta block more with her if backdash is ass now and DP tag is useless.

I'll probably still use her, not as if she's completely torn apart like certain characters.

just lariat.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/oct/23/street-fighter-x-tekken-v2013-patch-notes-part-3-hwoarang-steve-yoshimitsu-raven-kuma-heihachi-lili-asuka-marshall-law-paul-and-more/

Fergus, you are going to be very Happy with what they did to Asuka.

I will say this, I'm kind of surprised that Lili got off so lightly, in fact she got more buffed than nerfed if you ask me.

Besides the walk speed buff which is pretty big, she did get her stupid AA nerfed and lost her unscaled launcher. It seems as though the whole Tekken cast has gotten off lightly or massively buffed.

Jin buffs LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Sticking with Jin so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Tekken cast in general seem to be getting good changes.

Hopefully they announce the system changes everyone wants and we can all get back to enjoying this awesome (but flawed) game.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Am I reading right that some of heihachi's moves have doubled in damage? And lost an overhead but gained an unblockable?

Where they completely unusuable or something?

Chrome Dome was essentially useless, it had some limited uses as an AA as far as I know. It's unblockable at level 3 which takes 71f to charge up.

EX Raijin Stance change is odd because changelist says 100 - 210 dmg increase but frame data says its 170 dmg at the moment. Either way not a useful move besides safe tagging and going through fireballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

They changed steves stomp from db lk to back lk. Thank you based capcom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Posted my opinions on SRK

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/asuka-kazama-in-version-2013.170729/#post-7633667

My team of Julia/Asuka is going to hit like a ****ing train now with Julia's buff damage to tiger strike and DP and Asuka's damage buff on like nearly everything.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Happy days for us Jin players!

We got away with murder if you ask me.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    They changed steves stomp from db lk to back lk. Thank you based capcom

Best. Buff. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Oh wow, they added 3 seconds onto Pandora. That has completely fixed all the problems with it.

• Advertisement

Rolls are punishable. Interesting.

On a small aside, congratulations to eventhuibs for making their website unusuable for those of us who're unable to install ABP.

In case you can't read it. As mentioned they increased Pandora mode's length from 7 seconds to 10.
    They also added the last 7 frames of roll hitable (but not throwable).

I'll give this another go with the patch. Its difficult to be postitive about the game because hating on it is so much fun.

Azza wrote: »
    In case you can't read it. As mentioned they increased Pandora mode's length from 7 seconds to 10.
    They also added the last 7 frames of roll hitable (but not throwable).

I'll give this another go with the patch. Its difficult to be postitive about the game because hating on it is so much fun.

I'd consider them both positive changes.

Is SFxT as a tag game one of those games where an in game second is not the same as a real world? It could be longer then...

Went to buy this for Vita in Gamestop today, but it was nowhere to be seen.

Not surprising really.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

Rob2D wrote: »
    Went to buy this for Vita in Gamestop today, but it was nowhere to be seen.

Not surprising really.

Got it off UK Amazon myself, it actually runs really well (apparently the full 60 frames. seems like it!). My only problem with it is the vita itself, it can be a bit of an ergonomic nightmare at times :pac:

Hopefully the patch helps some of the weaker characters, like Steve and Asuka. They seem terrible atm lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Seen it is Gamestop Henry street for €45 on vita, I have also seen the PS3 version for €14.99 in Smyths used, I have a vita now but will be getting a PS3 next month is it worth the extra €30 for the vita version or should I wait and spend the €30 on dlc instead.

Seen it is Gamestop Henry street for €45 on vita, I have also seen the PS3 version for €14.99 in Smyths used, I have a vita now but will be getting a PS3 next month is it worth the extra €30 for the vita version or should I wait and spend the €30 on dlc instead.

I'd say wait and get the PS3 version, not worth the extra money
    It runs great on the vita too, but I think the vita can be a bit fiddly to control (plus you've only the 6 buttons, so doing ex moves or supers can be a pain - although you can map those to areas on the touch screen)

That being said, I play on stick normally, so take all this with a grain of salt :p

MelficeVKM wrote: »
    That being said, I play on stick normally, so take all this with a grain of salt :p

Its not impossible to control though is it? This was my main concern.

• Advertisement

Rob2D wrote: »
    Its not impossible to control though is it? This was my main concern.

Definitely not, can control it fine with a bit of practice. I think the vita's dpad is great for fighting games, but its the shape of the vita itself that makes it hard to use sometimes. Have to hold it with my fingers rather than my palms, if that makes sense

idk, maybe I have massive man hands and its fine :pac:

Advertisement