Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Rail strike?

• 29-03-2008 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭

I am planning on going to Dublin tomorrow from Newbridge by train so i searched times online, going up is fine, regular service, but returning yields no results :confused: I know the train drivers have been threatening to strike so could anyone enlighten me, web site error or strike action?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

zero19 wrote: »
    I am planning on going to Dublin tomorrow from Newbridge by train so i searched times online, going up is fine, regular service, but returning yields no results :confused: I know the train drivers have been threatening to strike so could anyone enlighten me, web site error or strike action?

Thanks in advance :)

Sounds like a website error. It works when I tried.

None of the Newbridge trains are affected by the current work-to-rule.

There are trains from Heuston to Newbridge at:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭SeanW

It's not a strike, it's a sporadic work to rule (that is, drivers are refusing to work rest days, a practice on which the new schedule depends). Most of the resulting chaos has been on weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PRND

You can be sure that the search facility coming back blank has nothing to do with industrial unrest or cancellations.

When the trains are cancelled, the online timetables don't mention it at all so you should be more suspicious of when the website details services as you'd expect them!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭patrickc

KC61 wrote: »
    Sounds like a website error. It works when I tried.

None of the Newbridge trains are affected by the current work-to-rule.

except the mon-sat 17.35 to carlow, which stops at newbridge or should do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

patrickc wrote: »
    except the mon-sat 17.35 to carlow, which stops at newbridge or should do?

The op was asking about Sunday trains!

The 1735 is a weekday only service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭patrickc

KC61 wrote: »
    The op was asking about Sunday trains!

The 1735 is a weekday only service.

i should read the thread properly so:rolleyes:

i just saw tomorrow, didnt read when it was posted originally

Advertisement