Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Who would 3 point turn in an apocalypse?

Why bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Why bother?

he coulda got the truck stuck in that ditch. AWW HELL NO! :mad:

If this was a series which jumped forward a few years then I say Carl's gonna be much more adapted to this world than even Daryl, but I think that it i a show that will run for 5 or so seasons and will come to a conclusion without jumping ahead in time.

That being said even though I said in a previous post that I think the baby will be the cure for the whole infection (and got slated for spoiling the whole series for people :confused:) could you imagine how long it would actually take for the cure to be given to everyone in the world, especially given the mess the whole world is in at the moment. I mean firstly you've to find a way to mass manufacture the cure .... which would be an achievement in itself, then find survivors to give it to ... all the while killing walkers :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Hygro wrote: »
    he coulda got the truck stuck in that ditch. AWW HELL NO! :mad:

thats actually what I thought was going to happen

then he just drove off and i was all
    "oh...right"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Why bother?

He could have gotten stuck or a puncture. Imagine either happening with those two nags with ya? You'd turn the gun on yourself! :pac:

• Advertisement

i think people are kind of not getting the point of the show if they are thinking there's going to be a cure, or some sort of "save the day" moment in TWD.
    it ain't that kind of story.
    some characters might end up not completely and utterly ****ed but the human race as we understand it is done for, the story is about how the characters deal with that.. not how they try to solve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭obriendj

i think people are kind of not getting the point of the show if they are thinking there's going to be a cure, or some sort of "save the day" moment in TWD.
    it ain't that kind of story.
    some characters might end up not completely and utterly ****ed but the human race as we understand it is done for, the story is about how the characters deal with that.. not how they try to solve it.

I didnt get the impression that people here are expecting a save the day moment. what made u think that?

ive seen a few comments about a cure for the disease, maybe in the other TWD thread as well

I probably should have said
    "i think *some* people" but then i was worried they'd think i was being a dick and singling them out

thats actually what I thought was going to happen

then he just drove off and i was all
    "oh...right"

I think they cgi'd him getting out of the ditch.

ive seen a few comments about a cure for the disease, maybe in the other TWD thread as well

I probably should have said
    "i think *some* people" but then i was worried they'd think i was being a dick and singling them out

I've read the comics (up to 94 anyway), but I don't think they'll go that route, the tv show is a different beast to the comic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

superb finale, i have high expectations for season 3, must say this show has stepped it up a notch since darabont left,

im happy all my favourite caracters survived, thought andrea was done for there for a minute, thankfully she was spared for now,

WOW over 100 pages, really goes to show the differing of opinions on the show more than anything,

Just flicked back though the comics ... they left the farm after 12 issues and without any zombie attack (basically after they freed the walkers in the barn)!!! .... not as exciting as the tv show anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Hygro wrote: »
    Just flicked back though the comics ... they left the farm after 12 issues and without any zombie attack (basically after they freed the walkers in the barn)!!! .... not as exciting as the tv show anyway :D
    Shane it took them 12 episodes to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

They are taking different paths to the same place.

If you get what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

I would never tell anyone not to read the comics.

In my opinion, the comics are just as enjoyable if not more so than the tv show, finding out what happens through that medium is no less enjoyable than the tv show.

I've read up to 80 as that's all that was out when I was reading them but I'm gonna start reading 80-94 now, it's a fantastic comic and well worth reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

i havent read the comics but i know 1 thing - tv viewers are more prone to resolution and endings. Whilst there may never be a 'cure' and a happily-ever-after resolution, at the very least the show will end with some sort of "hope". If the virus is airborne then it wont matter if it is passed from mother to baby, the baby will still get infected. Possibly, eventually, the tv show might go down the route of some sort of Quarantined area somewhere where people can pop out kids left n right to try keep the human race going.

The concept of a cure basically blows the show apart, as then it just becomes a case of innoculating everyone, the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

I've read up to 80 as that's all that was out when I was reading them but I'm gonna start reading 80-94 now, it's a fantastic comic and well worth reading.

yes they are excellent, but as much as the show annoys me from time to time I still watch it

I don't think its a good idea by users who have read the the walking dead posting what they think might happen based on the comics, as posters reading this thread who haven't read any walking dead will be mightily pissed off at the spoilers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just reading there it got over 9 Million viewers for the Season Finale on AMC, so seems to be a ratings winner for the network!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Last few episodes have been very good, esp the finale. Rick start to grow a pair and Daryl is probably my favourite character. When I seen ninja lady with the two "slaves" I had no idea wtf was going on. Looking forward to next season. The prision looks like it could be a decent setting just hope its not a bore until the end like theis season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Just reading there it got over 9 Million viewers for the Season Finale on AMC, so seems to be a ratings winner for the network!
    more like a ratings powerhouse, their other shows breaking bad and mad men are massive shows also, yet only draw 2-3 million viewers for AMC,

both are considered far superior to TWD, i dont watch MM but BB is probably one of the greatest shows of all time, it is a rather odd thing to say the least, but at least we know well get at least 5 seasons out of the show, if not more,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

don ramo wrote: »
    more like a ratings powerhouse, their other shows breaking bad and mad men are massive shows also, yet only draw 2-3 million viewers for AMC,

both are considered far superior to TWD, i dont watch MM but BB is probably one of the greatest shows of all time, it is a rather odd thing to say the least, but at least we know well get at least 5 seasons out of the show, if not more,

After hearing so many people speak so highly of breaking bad I decided to watch it. On Season 3 at the moment about 6 episodes in and although its a good show, it didnt blow me away. To be honest I think its extremely overrated if the general consensus is that its going down in the books as an all time great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

MungBean wrote: »
    After hearing so many people speak so highly of breaking bad I decided to watch it. On Season 3 at the moment about 6 episodes in and although its a good show, it didnt blow me away. To be honest I think its extremely overrated if the general consensus is that its going down in the books as an all time great.

i do think sometimes coming into any show with hype will leave you feeling cold towards the show\movie

try to forget the hype as BB is slow moving but its one for thinking about between episodes, week to week viewing of BB adds a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

MungBean wrote: »
    don ramo wrote: »

Seasons 3 and 4 are great, enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Wouldn't it be great that once in the prison,Lori gets attacked & eaten by a zombie version of Michael from Prison Break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

zerks wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be great that once in the prison,Lori gets attacked & eaten by a zombie version of Michael from Prison Break.

Nope, he was a terrible actor, not even believable as a zombie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Black Oil wrote: »
    What's the story with the helicopter, we've seen it before, yeah?

It's these two ....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

al28283 wrote: »
    Nope, he was a terrible actor, not even believable as a zombie

Ok, T-Bag then with a zombie teenager hanging onto his pocket.

On the topic of Lori,yes she was shocked by Rick's confession of killing Shane,but his revelation of Carl putting down zombie Shane really hit a nerve with her.It seemed to be a point of innocence lost as Carl killed for the first time:he little boy is no more.
    The real drawback of this now is that we'll have 3 episodes of her analyzing her relationship and whining about how Rick corrupted her son and made him a killer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Start of season 2 was really poor imo - really boring, not much happening.

The second part of the season rocked, like a different show.

Really enjoyed the finale and can't wait for season 3.

Advertisement