Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[MERGED] Retailer Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭freethepenguins

Hey,

Any body know whats up with komplett at the moment. Tryed to do the custome pc and the option is no longer there, I've asked a few people and I'm hearing that them may be in finical trouble. Is there any true to this?

Cheers:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It was mentioned on the Komplett forum. They've stopped their pc builder for now and are going to start outsourcing it in the new year. As for them being in financial trouble, I've heard rumours about pretty much every single company operating in Ireland from people saying they have it on good authority that said company is in financial trouble and/or will be closing down in january/a few months time. In 99% of cases it's bullshít so I wouldn't worry too much about Komplett going tits up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Order arrived from dabs very quickly and and was in perfect condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Anyone managed to use Ebuyer with an Irish address? It won't let me chose Ireland anywhere but it mentions shipping to Eire in the delivery FAQ!

Any ideas? Waiting on enote response from them but given it's Xmas it'll prob take while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Random wrote: »
    Anyone managed to use Ebuyer with an Irish address? It won't let me chose Ireland anywhere but it mentions shipping to Eire in the delivery FAQ!

Any ideas? Waiting on enote response from them but given it's Xmas it'll prob take while.

as far as i know you have to ring them up if you want stuff shipped to ireland

• Advertisement

Not great for someone who wants to make a few impulse buys!

I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow and give them a buzz then !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

As far as I know they do accept Google Checkout.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I get an error when I try to use paypal or google from the ebuyer website :(

"sorry, an error has occured" or something equally useful !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Anyone any experience dealing with HardwareVersand.de with order issues? I have a non-tech issue with a part they've shipped me, but I've had no response to my emails (first sent middle of last month) and I can't get through on their telephone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Random wrote: »
    I get an error when I try to use paypal or google from the ebuyer website :(

"sorry, an error has occured" or something equally useful !

Just made a purchase from them using Google Checkout and had no problems.

One thing though, you can't use area codes or the plus sign when entering your phone number or it will give you an error.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 davitto

Any idea why ebuyer paypal option not working?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

A picture says yada yada...

jeebuspostie.jpg

Okay, was I accidentally transported to the year 2015 after the Euro crashed, or has Komplett given us a Chrimbo present to remember - i.e. suddenly deciding to double all their delivery charges?! :eek: It didn't look like that the last time I hit the checkout... :(

And before you ask, that's not for a full build or some such nonsense, the weight is around 3kg total. IIRC Komplett only went crazy past 10kg. Elara have had dreadful range and prices since at least the budget but they still only charge a tenner up to 30kg! Nor have MemoryC's prices changed any. In comparison Dabs only starts to add a couple of cent on to the charge at a time when you exceed 2.5kg (used to be 6kg). Similar weights still only cost half Komplett's new quote. And Dabs use UPS! W.T.F?!?

Pixmania raised their charges all right, but only by a couple of Euro - similar stuff (heavier actually!) costs them €14.90 and they're shipping from France! If Komplett keep this up they'll lose custom to places like HWVS for small orders! :eek: Never though I'd see that day!

Anyone know if HWVS or anyone else have gone wiggy since Xmas? How much do OCUK charge to ship here anyhow?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

Solitaire wrote: »
    A picture says yada yada...

jeebuspostie.jpg

Okay, was I accidentally transported to the year 2015 after the Euro crashed, or has Komplett given us a Chrimbo present to remember - i.e. suddenly deciding to double all their delivery charges?! :eek: It didn't look like that the last time I hit the checkout... :(

And before you ask, that's not for a full build or some such nonsense, the weight is around 3kg total. IIRC Komplett only went crazy past 10kg. Elara have had dreadful range and prices since at least the budget but they still only charge a tenner up to 30kg! Nor have MemoryC's prices changed any. In comparison Dabs only starts to add a couple of cent on to the charge at a time when you exceed 2.5kg (used to be 6kg). Similar weights still only cost half Komplett's new quote. And Dabs use UPS! W.T.F?!?

Pixmania raised their charges all right, but only by a couple of Euro - similar stuff (heavier actually!) costs them €14.90 and they're shipping from France! If Komplett keep this up they'll lose custom to places like HWVS for small orders! :eek: Never though I'd see that day!

Anyone know if HWVS or anyone else have gone wiggy since Xmas? How much do OCUK charge to ship here anyhow?

OCUK we're a bit of a rip for shipping the last time I got stuff off them but as far as I know HWVS haven't upped their prices. Dude Komplett can be weird sometimes, around 3 months ago I went to but a router and it was 100 euro and the day I went to purchase it, it went to 200 and the next day it was back to 100. I had the exact same feeling...I literally thought i was seeing things

requiem1 wrote:
    OCUK we're a bit of a rip for shipping the last time I got stuff off them

Dang shame, they have a vastly superior range to most other places. Especially coolers, everything except the BARAM - Tuniq CCF for under €32, best air cooler that comes with a fan. Akasa Nero under €38, cheapest I've seen it and a must-have for i7 builds. I'd quite happily put up with the old AK-965 which they have under €14 :eek:

It was my intention to upgrade my cooling (on a budget) while I replaced that horrible EvoStream I got on special, Komplett had the Corsair VX550 cheap and I could pick up a Vanquisher while I was at it. Only then I got nailed by the horror story above. Now I have to find what to pay and how to pay OCUK for a 550W Odin and the above cooler, or just get a Hiper M 730W from Pixmania and forgo the cooler (cuz their range sucks the big one).

I'm really not winning this year... and its only January! :( Please don't tell me I'm going to repeat the craptacular-ness of last year :(

EDIT: Messing with OCUK, the cheapest delivery (now that the Xmas rush is over) looks like DHL... for a shade over €13. Nice knowing you Komplett :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

One of your items is not in stock, so its coming in 2 seperate deliveries so 2 charges.

One of your items is not in stock, so its coming in 2 seperate deliveries so 2 charges.

Nope, it was just a PSU and a CPU cooler, and both were in stock at the time and are still in stock. AFAIK standard policy is to withhold shipping until all parts are ready for dispatch anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

edit: double checked and what i said was wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

finally got back to me and said case was lost by DHL so I will give them the benefit of doubt for now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

Just a quick HardwareVersand story for anyone who's considering buying from there. I bought a new PC (parts ofc) and built it. Everything fine for 3 months and then my DVD drive broke. Fair enough, I googled it and its a common issue with that brand. So I emailed HardwareVersand about returning it. No response. I posted on here and got the return form. Sent back DVD drive with return form. About 10 days later I got courier delivery with a replacement DVD drive. So the lesson is: they are a good company but the guy who can speak english must have left or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Just a quick HardwareVersand story for anyone who's considering buying from there. I bought a new PC (parts ofc) and built it. Everything fine for 3 months and then my DVD drive broke. Fair enough, I googled it and its a common issue with that brand. So I emailed HardwareVersand about returning it. No response. I posted on here and got the return form. Sent back DVD drive with return form. About 10 days later I got courier delivery with a replacement DVD drive. So the lesson is: they are a good company but the guy who can speak english must have left or something.

I think what people find odd about HWV is that their RMA system is too efficient (damn germans :D) you don't even have to bother contacting them when something breaks, just send it back with the form from their site and expect a replacement in 10 days. They don't really have good phone and email support but then there really is no need for it. They are just going to tell you to fill out the form and send the item back without question.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Overclockers UK's bad customer service appears to have caught up with them, someone's been DDoSing them for a week straight apparently.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01/22/ocuk_ddos_reward/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Peirn2

Hello,
    Is it possible to get a USB thumb drive delivered to Ireland?

Many thanks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

no joy with play..they won't deliver electronics etc to ireland

why not use komplett.ie / dabs.ie /shop4memory.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

has anyone ever heard of
    www.mix-computer.de

I can get a better spec pc and better spec monitor with them for a 100 euro cheaper than i could with www.hardwareversand.de

spec i'm talking about
    (gigabyte ga-ep45-ds3 e104,
    Q6600 e174,
    hd4870 e159(was only getting 4850 with hardwareversand),
    Antec 300 e47,
    22'' hd Acer 5ms 20000-1 e145
    Vista 64 premium e87,
    Corsair 650 e84)

wondering if anyone has ever used em?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Solitaire wrote: »
    RMA issues.

Off-topic...
    Komplett.ie is the most reliable.
    Elara.ie/MemoryC.com good for specific items (latter has low delivery).
    Hardwareversand.de good but best for large purchases (high delivery).
    Overclockers.uk/Dabs.ie/Pixmania.ie very cheap but not as reliable (RMA issues)

I personally have had terrible trouble with Komplett with regards to a faulty motherboard which they refuse to replace and basically won't respond to my emails, I'd never recommend them you are getting nothing but an inflated price.

<<These posts may get shifted to the Retailer Sticky!>>

Very surprised at that, they're usually very reliable regarding RMAs. What happened exactly? :confused: Also check out their forum here on Boards if your complaint is genuine, they will try to help :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

I am furious!!

Not only is this my second time having a problem paying for my items because they cannot "find my money" but this time when i rang up the customer services and asked politely to speak to someone who spoke english... they simply hung up.:mad::mad:

I am raging!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

ive bought from pixmania a few times and no problems and also komplett.ie a good few times and never any problems. but saying that never any need to contact either. waiting for something now in fact from komplett, hope this reply doesn't jinx me;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

dabs, komplett and pixmania are top of my list. never had a problem with rma or deliveries.

pixmania order last week was delayed, but they rang me the day it was meant to arrive and apologised over and over. they gave me a €20 voucher for my next order in compensation for it being late.

top class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

komplett and elara do it for me. stoped my order at dabs after they wanted to know the world before I was allowed to order eventhough I was paying through paypal they wanted my creditcard number!

Advertisement