Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Premiership Top Scorers

• 17-08-2013 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Just something I played about with a little last season without too much luck. A €1 Lucky 15 on the four top scorers in the league to score first and a fiver anytime goalscorer accum. Not exactly rocket science or reasoned betting, just hoping it can click once. More for fun than anything but going to log it to see exactly what it costs me.

As today is the first weekend of the season I have just picked the four lowest priced teams this weekend and selected the favourites for each of those four teams. Strangely enough, I don't expect most of these guys to be anywhere near the top of the goalscorer charts.

As it's not too serious I'm just going to stick to Paddy Power for convenience. This weekend they're offering money-back if the fav doesn't win the match so have done four singles and a Yankee rather than the Lucky 15. First price mentioned is FGS odds and the second price is the anytime.

Selections are:

Daniel Sturridge v Stoke @ 7/2 and 10/11
    Olivier Giroud v Villa @ 4/1 and 10/11
    Romelu Lukaku v Hull @ 7/2 and 8/11
    Sergio Aguero v Newcastle @ 13/5 and 8/15

Running total: -€20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Collie D wrote: »
    Just something I played about with a little last season without too much luck. A €1 Lucky 15 on the four top scorers in the league to score first and a fiver anytime goalscorer accum. Not exactly rocket science or reasoned betting, just hoping it can click once. More for fun than anything but going to log it to see exactly what it costs me.

As today is the first weekend of the season I have just picked the four lowest priced teams this weekend and selected the favourites for each of those four teams. Strangely enough, I don't expect most of these guys to be anywhere near the top of the goalscorer charts.

As it's not too serious I'm just going to stick to Paddy Power for convenience. This weekend they're offering money-back if the fav doesn't win the match so have done four singles and a Yankee rather than the Lucky 15. First price mentioned is FGS odds and the second price is the anytime.

Selections are:

2 for 2 so far, good luck tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Selections are:

Two winners, a non-runner and a loser for the FGS bets and three winners and a non-runner on the anytime giving a return of €92.94. Would be happy at end of the season if I could do that every week. :rolleyes:

No idea how I will work this weekend's bet with three players tied for lead (including two on same side) and a heap of others tied for fourth.

Running total: +€72.74

Again have gone for four singles and a Yankee as there are MBS's on Villa and United games if Gerrard and van Persie score.

Christian Benteke v Liverpool @ 11/2 and 6/4
    Roberto Soldado v Swansea @ 7/2 and 5/6
    Aguero v Cardiff @ 7/2 and 5/6
    Robin van Persie v Chelsea @ 4/1 and evens

Running total: +€52.74

Again have gone for four singles and a Yankee as there are MBS's on Villa and United games if Gerrard and van Persie score.

Christian Benteke v Liverpool @ 11/2 and 6/4
    Roberto Soldado v Swansea @ 7/2 and 5/6
    Aguero v Cardiff @ 7/2 and 5/6
    Robin van Persie v Chelsea @ 4/1 and evens

Running total: +€52.74

Only Soldado doing the job this week for the paltry return of €4.50 for my twenty.

Total staked: €40
    Profit/Loss: +€57.24
    ROI: +143.1%

One player on three goals and eight on two at the top. Those nine players all play in the same three matches so only three possible selections this week. Have done a €2 FGS patent and a €6 anytime treble.

Fraizer Campbell @ 13/2 and 21/10
    van Persie @ 9/2 and 5/4
    Giroud @ 6/1 and 17/10

Total staked: €60
    Profit/Loss: +€37.24
    ROI: +62.07%

• Advertisement

One player on three goals and eight on two at the top. Those nine players all play in the same three matches so only three possible selections this week. Have done a €2 FGS patent and a €6 anytime treble.

Fraizer Campbell @ 13/2 and 21/10
    van Persie @ 9/2 and 5/4
    Giroud @ 6/1 and 17/10

Profit/Loss: +€37.24
    ROI: +62.07%

Just one winner for return of €14.

Profit/Loss: +€51.24
    ROI: +85.4%

Have a free €20 bet from PP so doubling my stakes for the same amount of cash in. A €2 Lucky 15 using the free bet and a tenner of my own cash on the first goal scorers and a tenner cash on the anytime.

van Persie v Crystal Palace @ 13/5 and 1/2
    Benteke v Newcastle @ 7/2 and 10/11
    Giroud v Sunderland @ 9/2 and 13/10
    Sturridge v Swansea @ 4/1 and 11/10

Total staked: €80
    Profit/Loss: +€31.24
    ROI: +39.05%

Have a free €20 bet from PP so doubling my stakes for the same amount of cash in. A €2 Lucky 15 using the free bet and a tenner of my own cash on the first goal scorers and a tenner cash on the anytime.

van Persie v Crystal Palace @ 13/5 and 1/2
    Benteke v Newcastle @ 7/2 and 10/11
    Giroud v Sunderland @ 9/2 and 13/10
    Sturridge v Swansea @ 4/1 and 11/10

Profit/Loss: +€31.24
    ROI: +39.05%

2 winners on FGS and two losers but four out of four on the anytime. Close to being a very good weekend with the two losers scoring second goals...ah well...return of €192.11 which I am quite happy with.

Profit/Loss: +€223.35
    ROI: +279.19%

Money back on the United game if they win so four singles and a Yankee this week instead of Lucky 15. I could probably have doubles and trebles going onto RVP for the Money Back Special but I'm too hungover/lazy to figure it out and won't be able to place bet between Arsenal and United games as I will be in Croker hoping the Dubs can bring Sam home :)

Anyway....

Norwich v Benteke @ 5/1 and 7/5
    Sturridge v Southampton @ 4/1 and evs
    Giroud v Stoke @ 7/2 and 5/6
    Man City v van Persie @ 5/1 and 7/5

Total staked: €100
    Profit/Loss: +€203.35
    ROI: +203.35%

Money back on the United game if they win so four singles and a Yankee this week instead of Lucky 15. I could probably have doubles and trebles going onto RVP for the Money Back Special but I'm too hungover/lazy to figure it out and won't be able to place bet between Arsenal and United games as I will be in Croker hoping the Dubs can bring Sam home :)

Anyway....

Norwich v Benteke @ 5/1 and 7/5
    Sturridge v Southampton @ 4/1 and evs
    Giroud v Stoke @ 7/2 and 5/6
    Man City v van Persie @ 5/1 and 7/5

Profit/Loss: +€203.35
    ROI: +203.35%

No other word for this than pathetic. €1 returned as RVP was a non-runner. Onwards and upwards and Welcome Home, Sam!

Profit/Loss: +€204.35
    ROI: +204.35%

• Advertisement

MBS on FGS bets if match end in a draw so four singles and a Yankee again and the usual fiver anytime accum

Aston Villa v Aguero @ 7/2 and 10/11
    van Persie v West Brom @ 3/1 and 8/13
    Swansea v Giroud @ 5/1 and 13/10
    Sunderland v Sturridge @ 9/2 and 13/10

Total staked: €120
    Profit/Loss: +€184.35
    ROI: +153.63%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Probably irrelevant to you now but Aguero is out of the City game

Probably irrelevant to you now but Aguero is out of the City game

Only saw that at 3pm, didn't have time to check teams on Saturday. Annoying considering Toure had same number of goals and was twice the price so would have been next choice.
    MBS on FGS bets if match end in a draw so four singles and a Yankee again and the usual fiver anytime accum

Aston Villa v Aguero @ 7/2 and 10/11
    van Persie v West Brom @ 3/1 and 8/13
    Swansea v Giroud @ 5/1 and 13/10
    Sunderland v Sturridge @ 9/2 and 13/10

ROI: +153.63%

Aguero and RVP were non-runners, Giroud was a loser and Sturridge a winner. Return of €25 for small profit of a fiver.

RVP came on with a little over half an hour to play and was settled as a loser for anytime purposes which is fair enough IMO. On week one Lukaku got about twenty minutes and was settled as a non-runner. Does anyone know at what point a player coming on in is classed as a NR/loser?

Profit/Loss: +€209.35
    ROI: +174.46%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

You thinking about getting Suarez or Lukaku in?

I can Lukaku scoring alot this term, given that he is not at a big 4 club, his odds will always be better too...

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    You thinking about getting Suarez or Lukaku in?

I can Lukaku scoring alot this term, given that he is not at a big 4 club, his odds will always be better too...

Nice shout...hope you were on.

Only home from a wedding about ten minutes ago so (fortunately) missed the start of City-Everton game. Would have done Toure anyway so works in my favour. Benteke still out injured so only top four scorers left are Giroud/Ramsey and Sturridge. Obviously can't do two Gooners so have jus done two fiver singles and a fiver double on Sturridge/Giroud FGS at 3/1 and 9/2. MBS on Giroud bet if Ramsey scores at anytime. Meant to do a fiver anytime double as well but made a balls of it and backed two singles at 4/7 and 11/10 in error so an outlay of €25 this week.

Total staked: €145
    ROI: +127.14%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Only home from a wedding about ten minutes ago so (fortunately) missed the start of City-Everton game. Would have done Toure anyway so works in my favour. Benteke still out injured so only top four scorers left are Giroud/Ramsey and Sturridge. Obviously can't do two Gooners so have jus done two fiver singles and a fiver double on Sturridge/Giroud FGS at 3/1 and 9/2. MBS on Giroud bet if Ramsey scores at anytime. Meant to do a fiver anytime double as well but made a balls of it and backed two singles at 4/7 and 11/10 in error so an outlay of €25 this week.

I got on lukaku yeah, nice start to the day!

Best of look with your bets!

Sturridge scoring makes one of the anytime scorer singles a winner returning €7.86.

Profit/Loss: +€192.21
    ROI: +132.56%

Getting this on early as I'm going away tomorrow. Another €20 free bet so have done a €2 FGS Lucky 15 costing me a tenner cash and the usual fiver anytime accum. Overall cash staked this week is €15 to bring me back to an average of €20 a week after accidentally spending an extra fiver last time out.

Newcastle v Sturridge @ 4/1 and evs
    Giroud v Norwich @ 5/2 and 1/2
    Lukaku v Hull @ 7/2 and 10/11
    West Ham v Aguero @ 4/1 and evs

Total staked: €160
    Profit/Loss: +€177.21
    ROI: +110.76%

Getting this on early as I'm going away tomorrow. Another €20 free bet so have done a €2 FGS Lucky 15 costing me a tenner cash and the usual fiver anytime accum. Overall cash staked this week is €15 to bring me back to an average of €20 a week after accidentally spending an extra fiver last time out.

Newcastle v Sturridge @ 4/1 and evs
    Giroud v Norwich @ 5/2 and 1/2
    Lukaku v Hull @ 7/2 and 10/11
    West Ham v Aguero @ 4/1 and evs

Profit/Loss: +€177.21
    ROI: +110.76%

Two of the above scored but only Aguero got the first returning €8.67 as two thirds of stake was free bet PP have paid out in same ratio. Was actually expecting less as didn't expect stake back.

Profit/Loss: €185.88

On phone using a poor wifi connection so can't calculate ROI correctly. On holiday and weather has been crap so been all beer all day and can't do mental calculations.

Money back on City match if Aguero scores last goal so have done four €1 singles and a €1 Yankee on first goal and the usual fiver accumulator for anytime.

Crystal Palace v AARON RAMSEY @ 7/1 and 2/1
    STURRIDGE v West Brom @ 7/2 and 4/5
    Sunderland v LOIC REMY @ 6/1 and 9/5
    Chelsea v AGUERO @ 6/1 and 7/4

Total staked: €180
    Profit/Loss: +€165.88
    ROI: +92.16%

• Advertisement

Money back on City match if Aguero scores last goal so have done four €1 singles and a €1 Yankee on first goal and the usual fiver accumulator for anytime.

Crystal Palace v AARON RAMSEY @ 7/1 and 2/1
    STURRIDGE v West Brom @ 7/2 and 4/5
    Sunderland v LOIC REMY @ 6/1 and 9/5
    Chelsea v AGUERO @ 6/1 and 7/4

Two scorers but neither of them getting the first so no return this week.

Another free bet this week worth a tenner courtesy of PP's money back on losing Premier League 5-folds last week. Another one this week by the way. There is an MBS on FGS bets in Arsenal game if Sturridge or Suarez score the last goal so have used free bet and €6.50 of my own cash for a €1.50 FGS Yankee, four €1.50 FGS singles and €7.50 anytime accum costing me €20 cash.

Fulham v van Persie @ 7/2 and 5/6
    Aguero v Norwich @ 3/1 and 8/13
    Giroud v Liverpool @ 11/2 and 6/4
    Lukaku v Tottenham @ 11/2 and 17/10

Going to leave the updating of bank until results are settled to help me keep track better.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭chompdown

Seems like you are playing this very well, in terms of using the money back specials. Hope one of these comes up big for you!

Another free bet this week worth a tenner courtesy of PP's money back on losing Premier League 5-folds last week. Another one this week by the way. There is an MBS on FGS bets in Arsenal game if Sturridge or Suarez score the last goal so have used free bet and €6.50 of my own cash for a €1.50 FGS Yankee, four €1.50 FGS singles and €7.50 anytime accum costing me €20 cash.

Fulham v van Persie @ 7/2 and 5/6
    Aguero v Norwich @ 3/1 and 8/13
    Giroud v Liverpool @ 11/2 and 6/4
    Lukaku v Tottenham @ 11/2 and 17/10

Going to leave the updating of bank until results are settled to help me keep track better.

Two scorers but only one getting the first goal. Was paid out for Aguero as first scorer even though everywhere I've looked has it as an OG. Return of €6.

Total staked: €200
    Profit/Loss: +€151.88
    ROI: +75.94%

Had a free tenner bet but made a bit of a mess when placing bets this week. I have €1.50 FGS Yankee and €3.50 anytime accum on the following and my free tenner went on RVP single anytime.

Luis Suarez @ 13/5 and 1/2
    Tottenham v Remy @ 9/1 and 3/1
    Aguero @ 7/2 and 4/5
    van Persie @ 9/2 and 6/5

Had a free tenner bet but made a bit of a mess when placing bets this week. I have €1.50 FGS Yankee and €3.50 anytime accum on the following and my free tenner went on RVP single anytime.

Luis Suarez @ 13/5 and 1/2
    Tottenham v Remy @ 9/1 and 3/1
    Aguero @ 7/2 and 4/5
    van Persie @ 9/2 and 6/5

First profit since round six and was at my lowest return on investment since I started so a decent return was needed. Three scorers with Remy and van Persie both getting the first. Profit of €74.50. Was hoping the own goal in Liverpool game would be given to Suarez but that was being very optimistic. :)

Total staked: €220
    Proft/Loss:+€226.38
    ROI: +102.9%

Are you sure the og counts? I remember a while ago having a similar bet and the bookies settled it as a winner as the og was not included in the market. Something to consider when choosing a bookie I suppose!

chompdown wrote: »
    Are you sure the og counts? I remember a while ago having a similar bet and the bookies settled it as a winner as the og was not included in the market. Something to consider when choosing a bookie I suppose!

It doesn't count and the first goal scorer is settled as whoever gets the second. Skrtel in this case. Maybe in your case whoever you backed got the second? A fair solution IMO

Ah sorry, I thought Suarez got the second.

• Advertisement

Money back if Aguero scores last in City game so four €1 singles and a €1 Yankee on FGS bets and fiver anytime accum.

Everton v Suarez @ 5/1 and 7/5
    Remy v Norwich @ 4/1 and evs
    Aguero v Tottenham@ 4/1 and evs
    Cardiff v van Persie @ 4/1 and evs

Advertisement