Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eircom?

Options
  • 13-03-2015 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Does anyone have any experience with service that Eircom is offering with the new TV/Internet bundles. I am thinking about changing from UPC to Eircom. I wonder if anyone can tell plus or minus with their bundles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Moved to Cable & MMDS & IPTV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

I am an eircom customer and when i upgraded my broadband last summer i was given evision free for six months. after the six months trial I gave my box.

As a side I moved from MMDS UPC to FTA saorview/Freesat/foreign Sat in 2012. I am happy with this set up. The evision was fine but i didn't want to pay €15 a month for a basic tV package which had nothing extra over and above FTA nor did I want to pay extra to get the BBC channels in HD.

However I am extremely happy with the eircom broadband so my suggestion would be FTA TV and e fibre. You may have other bradband option where you live but eircom was the only option for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gugán

EIRCOM RIP-OFF: a cautionary tale!
    I recently switched phone provider from EIRCOM to Vodafone on my work phone. In theory it should be a seamless switch from one to another, you needn't do anything, and you shouldn't be double charged.
    But EIRCOM have a sharp practice stunt they pull.
    My month's package of free calls, line etc was cancelled by them 3 weeks into my month, and here's the scam: they retrospectively cancelled the package back the 3 weeks, and then they so kindly screwed me by charging me the top rate for every single call made in those 3 weeks-€143 in calls to be precise!! Scammers!😤😤😤
    Their unfriendly customer service say this is a legit rip-off, is their company policy and approved...... Comreg said Eircom are not allowed to rip people off with this scam, and have being cautioned before.....more hassle and grief to get my money back! 😡
    So in conclusion: firstly don't go near EIRCOM, but if you are already caught with them, move your account on the first day of a new month's package! There, my rant is over, a weight is lifted.....!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with cable television - there are other more appropriate places to put it.

Advertisement