Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

horizon recording same episode multiple times

Options
  • 18-09-2013 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi i have series linked some shows on horizon box but it records the same episode multiple times, anyone know how to fix this. tried stopping series recording and resetting but still in my planner it has same episode set to record up to 5 times for some reason. i changed the setting to record from one channel rather than all channels but it didnt fix the problem. any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

You're not the only one. It happens to me too for some programmes. It's a big pain in the ass, especially if you are running out of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Raoul Duke wrote: »
    You're not the only one. It happens to me too for some programmes. It's a big pain in the assignment, especially if you are running out of space.

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

+1 I did a series record for the recent BBC crime series 'What Remains'. When I look at 'My Recordings' I can see that Episode 3 has been recorded twice - (1) Sun Sept 8th on BBC1 and (2) Fri Sept 13th on BBC2 HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Same here, series recording is really messed up. If it's not repeated like some of the RTE series telecasts then it work fine. Anything on BBC, 4, Sky etc where it gets repeated on their +1 channels or even the same channel, they got recorded again.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

This is the bain of my life recently!

lots of multiple recordings from across different tv channels (i.e x-factor, dont judge me :-)), records on ITV2 / UTV / TV3. Then it will record them again if they are repeated during the week.

This is seriously frustrating, as I shouldnt be running out of space. PLUS the effort of having to delete them one at a time.

UPC - PLEASE PROVIDE A FIX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭moonship

Fix is there from the beginning. I spotted it by accident.

Settings/Recordings&Reminders/Recordings/Series Recordings/From Single Channel

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭nialldinho

moonship wrote: »
    Fix is there from the beginning. I spotted it by accident.

Settings/Recordings&Reminders/Recordings/Series Recordings/From Single Channel

It will still record repeats on the same channel though if you watch and delete a show before the repeat airs.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭seanie27

hahah maybe we should all read the manual first!!

nialldinho wrote: »
    It will still record repeats on the same channel though if you watch and delete a show before the repeat airs.

Correct, even after I removed the series from 'My Horizon Planner', it recorded the first episode when the station ran a repeat in the wee small hours.

Part of the problem is that on the Horizon box you can't delete an entire series in one go so it makes sense to delete each episode after you watch it. The machine then makes the decision that you've obviously missed that episode so it goes and records it again on the repeats, even after you've removed the series link!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭nialldinho

My box has now started recording repeats of episodes I haven't deleted..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭seanie27

nialldinho wrote: »
    My box has now started recording repeats of episodes I haven't deleted..

if the programme hasn't fully recored properly as it seems to have not in your pic (red circle isn't fully complete) then it will record it again when it's on.

The only solution seems to be to ....
    1. Set it to record from one channel only
    2. Leave the episodes there when you've watched them to stop it recording the repeats
    3. Remove it from 'My Planner' when all of the episodes have been recorded
    4. Delete the episodes one by one after you've watched all of them

They're promising the ability to delete all episodes of a series in 2014, you can't do this at the moment on the Horizon box.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

coylemj wrote: »
    The only solution seems to be to ....
    1. Set it to record from one channel only
    2. Leave the episodes there when you've watched them to stop it recording the repeats
    3. Remove it from 'My Planner' when all of the episodes have been recorded
    4. Delete the episodes one by one after you've watched all of them

They're promising the ability to delete all episodes of a series in 2014, you can't do this at the moment on the Horizon box.

Leaving the episodes isn't an option when recording on HD, especially Eurosport. Box keeps filling up.

Promising for 2014, can't wait for 2016!

Working solution is to set automatic disc space management so the box delete watched programs itself so hdd never gets full.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

moonship wrote: »
    Working solution is to set automatic disc space management so the box delete watched programs itself so hdd never gets full.

But can the box tell what's been fully watched and what you might be half way through?

Eamo71 wrote: »
    But can the box tell what's been fully watched and what you might be half way through?

No i dont think it can as i noticed recently unwatched programs dissapear. So it is not a solution.

Frankly due to horizon box unable to do most basic tasks like series recording or no deletion or recording the same stuff multiple times i am thinking about returning the box, this is total disaster and really annoying...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hey Folks,

Upgraded to Horizon a few months back and this is driving me nuts. It's recording some episodes up to 4 times on me. It doesn't always give you an episode synopsis so I click to watch a program only to discover I've already seen it.
    The old box/planner never had this issue...... has it been resolved?

The old box/planner never had this issue...... has it been resolved?

No, it hasn't been fixed. It doesn't happen for every series but I've never had the problem of not being able to see the episode number. When you're scrolling through 'My Recordings' you should be able to see the episode number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

if the episode has been deleted ( and it does this automatically by default after you watch it, even partially), it will record the episode again as it sees that it doesn't have it. it doesn't seem to keep a memory of previously recorded episodes that have since been deleted.

if the episode has been deleted ( and it does this automatically by default after you watch it, even partially).....

You watch part of a recorded program, press the stop button to catch a live broadcast or make a cup of tea and you say the box then deletes the episode you've only partially watched? Not in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

yes, If the box was full and that was the only partially watched recording..

Advertisement