Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Ryanair challange.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I see a cavity strip-search sometime in his future.

(tho I get the impression he'd probably enjoy it)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

so he stuffed a rake of electrical stuff and wires into a coat he needs to pass threw security?

smart guy

He would have to have put his coat through the scanner, I bet they loved checking that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

The unfortunate thing about this video is that fat people cannot use these methods.

And imagine trying to get past security with piles of wires in the lining of your jacket. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

I thought using cameraphones in an airport was a big no no in this age of paranoia ?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭paddypowder

PeakOutput wrote: »
    so he stuffed a rake of electrical stuff and wires into a coat he needs to pass threw security?

smart guy

haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

1. Knowing how tight Ryanair are they've probably handed out pictures of him to staff with "WANTED" on it and will charge him extra for every journey he's ever made with them.

2. He's smart, but it's not a secret when it's posted on youtube - what are the odds security will start looking for people doing this now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

What can security do about it? Start charging people for the contents of their pockets? This stuff would've gone through the scanners anyway, he was trying to get it past the weigh-in, not the security. He can stuff it into his bag once he's checked in.

This is a good idea. I already have a crapped-out old jacket with all the pockets gone on it, I'm forever losing stuff in it. Still damned comfortable, though. I'm making it my official airplane coat.

Dunjohn wrote: »
    What can security do about it? Start charging people for the contents of their pockets? This stuff would've gone through the scanners anyway, he was trying to get it past the weigh-in, not the security. He can stuff it into his bag once he's checked in.

This is a good idea. I already have a crapped-out old jacket with all the pockets gone on it, I'm forever losing stuff in it. Still damned comfortable, though. I'm making it my official airplane coat.

Nothing really, their job is to ensure that what you carry on to the plane is not illegal, not that it bypasses the hand luggage rules, anyway the security don't know or care which flight you are on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i wear a fully armoured bike jacket and take out the armour
    i can then fit: a full size laptop, d-slr, compact camer, gps , 2 mobiles and all ssociated chagers and spare batteries.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

A Cavan man with deep pockets? There's a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Biggins wrote: »

Can people please stog giving Biggins opportunity to advertise these jackets !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I managed to get to 1:44 before wanting to punch yer man repeatedly in his face. I mish shteal his jackesh too.

Advertisement