Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are eircom serious :/

• 26-03-2015 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

After months of dealing with eircom trying to get tv I've come to the genuine conclusion that maybe they're just having a laugh with me or so it seems.

First of all in my old address about 8 months back I tried, and failed, to get a lovely phone, broadband and Tv bundle. I ordered over the phone. After over two months of waiting for it to be delivered, and after easily over ten phonecalls, I was told that the package I had signed up for was no longer available but that i could get a slightly more expensive package that didn't include tv :o so I basically just said you know what forget about it I don't even want the original bundle anymore just cancel it and delete any information I've ever Given to ye. Although I was told everything had been cancelled I still receive a monthly bill but each bill is in credit of an additional 30 Euro a month. It now says I'm in credit of over 150 Euro although no money has ever been taken from my account.

Now, at my New address the apartment is only wired up for eircom for my sins. i went into the meteor shop and a lovely girl signed me up for a bundle of all three again, even though I didn't want the landline at all, because it "works out cheaper". After looking into the bundles I have found that no it doesnt work out cheaper in any way whatsoever. So today ive had a meteor store and two phone reps adamantly insist to me it's cheaper to get all three before finally a girl on the phone admitted to me that no it's not cheaper. Thank you! Finally. She put me through to another guy so that I could change my order to just the broadband and tv Bundle. No landline. He's just told me this isn't possible and that I've to wait to get all three installed before I can cancel the landline. At this stage I had steam coming out of my ears and it turned into an argument. He's given me his name and promised that it can be changed. If I find out it can't be changed I don't know what I'm going to do. This is the biggest joke of a customer Careline that every existed, I'm sure of it. Any advice? ?? Do I have the right to cancel the landline if they give me it? Heeelp :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I wouldn't expect much in the way of help from them based on my experience but theres an Eircom forum over here.

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1293

You could put your query to them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I don't understand why people waste money on Pay TV (vs FTA Satellite + Saorview), but if you are (say Sky Sports, no other reason) then Sky or UPC are better.
    Eircom's TV offering is pointless.

Advertisement