Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Time for a second American Civil War?

• 18-12-2013 3:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭

I was watching the American news the other night and couldn't get over the news stories. It went something along these lines.

School shooting,
    Memorial of previous school shooting,
    Soldier shot dead in Afghanistan,
    Drone strike hits wedding,

This was in the first 5 minutes and continued along this vein. How do Americans take this as normality?

It's pretty obvious at this stage that it doesn't matter who you vote for. It's a 2 party system with both parties sharing the same vested interest. They serve the same corporate masters and the elite bankers.

The country is in a permanent state of war, the healthcare system is a joke, the education system is a joke, food standards are a joke. Advertising is crammed down your neck at every opportunity. The media is controlled by the same corporate masters and they completely engineer public opinion as well as keeping them dumb, compliant and in a state of fear. Even tv documentary channels that were once considered educational have descended into acted scripted shows with virtually no educational benefit.

If you aren't wealthy or willing to put yourself into massive debt then forget about a good education. If you don't have health insurance and you need surgery or healthcare you're in massive debt. The food standards compared to Europe are a joke. The crap that can be put into human food wouldn't be allowed in animal feed over here and I won't even mention what they feed the animals. Soldiers are exposed to chemicals and toxins that result in massive health issues and are then not looked after by their government.

The government clearly does not give a **** about its people and is gradually taking away more and more of their rights. The patriot act and extended patriot act completely goes against the constitution. An American citizen can be detained indefinitely without trial, can be tortured and can be considered a terrorist for being anti government.

These are homegrown issues. The biggest issue is obviously their foreign policy and their imperialist agenda but we all know about that. Illegal wars based on lies, spying both at home and abroad, massive power given to multiple agencies like the CIA and NSA. Martial law implemented for things it was never meant to be implemented for (boston bombing), the highest incarceration level in the world per capita, the majority of which is for petty crimes. I hear Americans saying the US is turning into a police state. It already is a police state reminiscent of Nazi Germany. The compliance of the American people also mirrors the compliance of the German people.

How long can this go on for and how much worse does it have to get before the American people rise up against it. Voting is not going to change anything. I feel a civil war is the only solution to these issues. Obviously this will make things worse for everybody before they get better but what is the alternative?

You can bet this post is being monitored by some agency in the US as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭newbie2013

100-200 years from now the whole world will be a police state run by America! Sad but true!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭eire4

BloodBath wrote: »
    I was watching the American news the other night and couldn't get over the news stories. It went something along these lines.

School shooting,
    Memorial of previous school shooting,
    Soldier shot dead in Afghanistan,
    Drone strike hits wedding,

This was in the first 5 minutes and continued along this vein. How do Americans take this as normality?

It's pretty obvious at this stage that it doesn't matter who you vote for. It's a 2 party system with both parties sharing the same vested interest. They serve the same corporate masters and the elite bankers.

The country is in a permanent state of war, the healthcare system is a joke, the education system is a joke, food standards are a joke. Advertising is crammed down your neck at every opportunity. The media is controlled by the same corporate masters and they completely engineer public opinion as well as keeping them dumb, compliant and in a state of fear. Even tv documentary channels that were once considered educational have descended into acted scripted shows with virtually no educational benefit.

If you aren't wealthy or willing to put yourself into massive debt then forget about a good education. If you don't have health insurance and you need surgery or healthcare you're in massive debt. The food standards compared to Europe are a joke. The crap that can be put into human food wouldn't be allowed in animal feed over here and I won't even mention what they feed the animals. Soldiers are exposed to chemicals and toxins that result in massive health issues and are then not looked after by their government.

The government clearly does not give a **** about its people and is gradually taking away more and more of their rights. The patriot act and extended patriot act completely goes against the constitution. An American citizen can be detained indefinitely without trial, can be tortured and can be considered a terrorist for being anti government.

These are homegrown issues. The biggest issue is obviously their foreign policy and their imperialist agenda but we all know about that. Illegal wars based on lies, spying both at home and abroad, massive power given to multiple agencies like the CIA and NSA. Martial law implemented for things it was never meant to be implemented for (boston bombing), the highest incarceration level in the world per capita, the majority of which is for petty crimes. I hear Americans saying the US is turning into a police state. It already is a police state reminiscent of Nazi Germany. The compliance of the American people also mirrors the compliance of the German people.

How long can this go on for and how much worse does it have to get before the American people rise up against it. Voting is not going to change anything. I feel a civil war is the only solution to these issues. Obviously this will make things worse for everybody before they get better but what is the alternative?

You can bet this post is being monitored by some agency in the US as well.

I have to say I pretty much agree with most of what your saying there. I think the biggest problem is the US Supreme court decions in Citizens United and recently in McCutechon have basically allowed big business and wealthy individuals to all but kill off democracy and have already to a large extent turned the country into an Oligarchy.
    I think if those stunningly bad decisions could be over turned then there might be hope but right now the picture does not look good at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ancientmariner

It seems that the Trump Era in office has shaken the old alliances by slapping NATO in the face and bringing Mr. Putin front and centre again. It all stems from the Republican game plan of America First and disconnect or weaken activity overseas.

The re-election contest and the subsequent attempt to overthrow the elected President AND GOVERNMENT is only a couple of bad decisions away from a civil war. The RED and BLUE philosophies would be permeating all walks of life, in the ARMY, in Government Agencies, Schools, Universities, Media of all categories, written ,film, and spoken.

Agencies such as CIA, FBI, NSA, Secret Service may also be weakened in resolve by Right wing leanings. The NRA could be an arsenal in waiting. Historic wrongs are beginning to surface in certain states and Freedom of speech is a right to promote violence.

The continuing difficulty is the two party system and partisan Judicial system and a shortage of a social conscience.

Advertisement