Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jan and Klodi's Party Bus - part II **off topic discussion**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Listened to Mrs RS advice/judgement about not going out to finish off my 200km for the week today because of a fecky little cough I've had for the last week or two (and also not risking pneumonia again).

Being sensible has never felt so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

What is a catlike vacuum? #boggle #Schrodinger

Shrodinger's helmet, used to suffer from that myself a bit until I got the B17 ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

A week on and it's still a sh*t name for the thread ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

smacl wrote: »
    Shrodinger's helmet, used to suffer from that myself....

Good name for an off topic thread tbh..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭lennymc

Added the Charleville 2 day Lantern Rouge to my palmares yesterday. A hilly/mountainous 2 day 3 stage race at the end of the season probably isn't the best race to pick as your first open race of the year.

On the plus side, I beat the 60 lads who didn't finish.

Roll on cx!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

A week on and it's still a sh*t name for the thread
    True, I thought I'm going to get used to, but its still meh'y everytime I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

RobFowl wrote: »

We should all stop posting in it so and clog up other threads with off topicness.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

RobFowl wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 9,114 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

^^

#Jan and Klodi never bothered me anyway#

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭lennymc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭Ryath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭Fian

Financial times article on cycling helmets. Will irritate some here.

"Cycling to work without a helmet? Please think again"

http://on.ft.com/1i7DP8P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭Fian

Actually if you want irritation this from the comments on that article.

Poor man "wasted half a day" giving first aid assistance to a bloody cyclist who cycled into his opening door.....

Just a few weeks ago a cyclist hit a door of my parked car. She fall of her bicycle, cut an elbow and almost lost caution of seeing her own blood. I was in a car and being shocked by a fact "it could be my fault", wasted a half day helping that lady with first aid, answering police questions and wondering why that happen to me but not a some kind of boris-johnson.
    You know what she told me afterwards? She told me this is not the first time she was riding too close to parked cars and as result was knocked off her bicycle by a slightly opened door. So next time I'd leave such a "cycling enthusiast" to bleed to his/her death and release some road space to more responsible people who:
    1. Pay road tax
    2. Have insurance
    3. Obey rules
    4. And happily left cycling in sweet memories of adolescence

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,156 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Fian wrote: »
    Financial times article on cycling helmets. Will irritate some here.

"Cycling to work without a helmet? Please think again"

http://on.ft.com/1i7DP8P
    Doesn't irritate me - it's behind a paywall;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Fian wrote: »
    Actually if you want irritation this from the comments on that article.

Poor man "wasted half a day" giving first aid assistance to a bloody cyclist who cycled into his opening door.....

Just a few weeks ago a cyclist hit a door of my parked car. She fall of her bicycle, cut an elbow and almost lost caution of seeing her own blood. I was in a car and being shocked by a fact "it could be my fault", wasted a half day helping that lady with first aid, answering police questions and wondering why that happen to me but not a some kind of boris-johnson.
    You know what she told me afterwards? She told me this is not the first time she was riding too close to parked cars and as result was knocked off her bicycle by a slightly opened door. So next time I'd leave such a "cycling enthusiast" to bleed to his/her death and release some road space to more responsible people who:
    1. Pay road tax
    2. Have insurance
    3. Obey rules
    4. And happily left cycling in sweet memories of adolescence

Hope the next cyclist he doors has a camera and he's done for every penny of insurance.

(A little enraged still after watching indignant man who nearly doored a cyclist in Rathmines flouncing away from the taxi his wife had just paid for…)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Another cyclist bashing thread:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057489048 :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Must have been going some pelt to put a dent in the car!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Cars dent pretty easy these days given the materials they're now made of.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Yummy then, yummy now!

361557.png

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Yummy then, yummy now!

Love a nice piece of spam in the morning :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Johann Sebastian Bach used to re-use material a lot too.

His cello suite no. 5, BWV 1011, for example is the same as his lute suite BWV 995.

So the sticky bottle have an illustrious predecessor.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Yummy then, yummy now!

361557.png

And? It happens, big deal, no one's making you read it again!

You bring this up a lot. I suggest you contact stickybottle yourself and take it up with them, constantly groping about it here does nothing about it. You get the same reaction every time you post something like this too which makes me wonder what's to be gained from doing so!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

gadetra wrote: »
    constantly groping about it here does nothing about it.

Constant groping should definitely be a banable offence!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I'd argue that constantly posting the same thing, about the same site, is basically doing the same thing as they are doing. Stop following them on twitter, and stop following the site if it bothers you that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Offer asking on the constant groping.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,156 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Zyzz wrote: »
    Offer asking on the constant groping.
    OK - I'm on my way round ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Beasty wrote: »
    OK - I'm on my way round ....

Woah woah woah..I was under the impression that gadetra was leading the sale, I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement