Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

• 04-10-2012 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Just found out this morning......Super excited and nervous!!!
    Anybody else???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

I think so...! Got a positive result Tuesday but still in shock! Took another test today and it's saying the same thing so I guess I am. Just made an appt with GP for Monday. Excited also but terrified.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭jasonb

Congrats!

My wife and I just found out a couple of days ago as well. It's very early days so we're keeping our fingers crossed it all goes well...

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Blueskye wrote: »
    I think so...! Got a positive result Tuesday but still in shock! Took another test today and it's saying the same thing so I guess I am. Just made an appt with GP for Monday. Excited also but terrified.
    Congrats Bluesky i was wondering myself when to make an appointment, it doesn't feel real to me as i have been having pms symptoms but i guess after doctors visit it will clarify things! Don't know how i will keep this a secret for the next 8 weeks :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Found out last Monday week (tested early) been to the doc last week and all confirmed... Due June 6th(ish).. Congrats to ye! Excited but nervous too. How are ye feeling?

Congrats Jasonb and Lainycool :) yes it's very early days.

@Lainycool I know!! I'm sure my family or bf's family will twig but I don't really want anyone to know til I reach the 12 weeks (all going well).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Jimar

Myself and my husband just found out this morning. Delighted. Going to see the doctor tomorrow. Delighted to be part of the June 2013 thread!!! It's tricky with all the excitement not to tell anyone. Roll on December so we can spread the great news!

Lainycool, Bluesky and Jason b congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mrsnib

Congratulations All, I'm due the 5th of June. Very excited. Been to the doc but am thinking of going for an early private scan. Have any of year thought about this? How are ye all feeling?

Congrats Jimar and Mrsnib :)

Was at doc yesterday and all confirmed. EDD 10th June. Made it feel very real.

So nauseous today and tired. Really didn't feel myself at all. Hopefully a good night's sleep will help. No haven't thought about an early scan. When are you thinking of having one?

How is everyone else doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Just got our bfp yesterday. Was very faint but there. Had it confirmed by doc today although urine sample was very diluted and it only came up on a pharmacy test not the one they used at first so I've to go back next week. They were surprised to see us in so early on but I thought itd be better to get the ball rolling sooner rather than later. Anyway, delighted to be able to contribute to this thread!

• Advertisement

Congrats Jimar and Mrsnib!

I went to the doctor on Friday and my due date is the 10th of June too, Very exciting!
    I was looking into a private scan that can be done for €95 from 6 weeks on, I think I'm going to hold off though until my 12 week scan if I can.
    Yesterday I was a little sick and dizzy in the afternoon but I was right as rain in the evening, I know it's a little weird but I actually want to have symptoms to make it feel real......I'll probably regret saying that lol

Roll on 7 weeks for scan.

Went to the Doctor Monday I'm due the 11th June . I also discovered I have urine tract infection. Typical durning pregnancy, I'm drinking barley water till it comes out of my ears.

I was charged €45 first my first visit. I taught all your pregnancy visit were suppose to be free. Did anyone else have to pay?

Jimar wrote: »
    I was charged €45 first my first visit. I taught all your pregnancy visit were suppose to be free. Did anyone else have to pay?
    I was charged €70 i thought that was very steep! The rest of your visits should be free, the secretary told me they have to charge for the test and forms!
    Instead of barley water maybe try pure cranberry juice as it contains no sugar and i think its the sugar that can feed these infections....hopefully it clears up soon.

lainycool wrote: »
    I was charged €70 i thought that was very steep! The rest of your visits should be free, the secretary told me they have to charge for the test and forms!
    Instead of barley water maybe try pure cranberry juice as it contains no sugar and i think its the sugar that can feed these infections....hopefully it clears up soon.

Thanks for that will try the cranberry juice.

I paid €50 for my first GP visit. He's made an appt for me to have bloods taken next week but he said there'll be no charge for that.

Hope the UTI improves!

Anyone else suffering with morning (all day!) sickness? I felt great yesterday and could barely function today. Nausea, vomiting, heartburn, dizzy, shattered despite a load of sleep. Working was a nightmare. I don't know how women cope with it. Roll on the weekend!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Got my BFP today, super excited cos we've been trying for over a year :D Will be in to the doctor tomorrow afternoon with my mile long list of questions lol :) Fingers crossed all will go well :D

Congratulations Mrspostman!

Well I got an appointment for my first scan this morning, it feels so real now!!!
    Just deciding now whether to do the domino scheme.......I don't know if I would manage labour without an epidural, I will have to really think about it over the next few weeks!
    I'm feeling good in myself though not sick, I have sore boobs and I'm a right moody so and so, I feel sorry for my other half!

How's everybody else doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Emmacash

Congratulations everyone! I'm due on 6th of June too can't wait! Not really feeling too many symptoms just yet...I'm almost looking forward to some morning sickness so I know everything is doing what it should be!

Congrats Emmacash! Not feeling too many symptoms myself, it's great while it lasts.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Yippy!! Congrats everyone. I am 5 weeks 4 days pregnant and due June 14th. Have my early scan in two weeks and am feeling good. How are you all feeling?:)

DoubleB wrote: »
    Yippy!! Congrats everyone. I am 5 weeks 4 days pregnant and due June 14th. Have my early scan in two weeks and am feeling good. How are you all feeling?:)

Congrats DoubleB!
    How does the early scan work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I'm due the 18th June. I had a positive pregnancy test last week, but before that I kind of knew I was pregnant. I was instantly nauseous and then a few days later had very sore (and ginormous!) boobs. I went to the GP beginning of this week and just registered with the hospital.

My husband and I are really excited. I fell pregnant the first month we tried with not birth control which we were not expecting. I actually think it was the first night we did it too which is crazy! We're trying not to get too excited because we know lots of things can go wrong so we're just trying to get through the next 7 weeks until my first scan and hope everything is ok. We were so lucky to conceive so quickly that is has us worried our luck has been used up!

Told my parents and my two best friends and that's it until the first scan. I'm feeling ok, just very tired and really blocked up (sorry if that's TMI). I have IBS so the pregnancy is already taking it's toll on that area. My mum, aunt and granny were all very extremely ill during pregnancy (my mum was hospitalised) so I'm waiting for the proper nausea and vomiting to kick in but so far I haven't been too bad. It's early days though, I'm only 5 weeks.

None of my friends have babies yet, we're the first so it's really nice to have other expectant mums around to talk to. I'm worried about being a bit isolated once I've had the baby. :)

Congrats MurdyWurdy. Welcome to the June 2013 forum! We managed it in the second month of trying. We were very lucky also as we were worried it might take 6 months or more. Hope you don't get too much sickness. So far so good for me I haven't much sickness. Just one very funny spell yesterday morning while in the shower, had to lye down for a little while after. But I have been very lucky so far .... Hope it lasts.

Hope it lasts for you too! Fingers crossed :) I'm very nauseous today but it's easing now. Had an orthodontist app this morn and had to let him know I was preggers and nauseous so don't poke in ny mouth too much!!

I did wake up during the night with awful stomach pains which was scary but they appear to be IBS related!

Congrats MurdyWurdy!

I woke up last Saturday at 3am with stomach cramps as well and I got an awful fright but like you it just turned out to be bowel related, I'm aware of everything that's going on in my stomach whereas before I wouldn't of even noticed!
    I have been feeling a little off in the morning....Can't really eat much early morning but I seem to be fine past 1 o clock, I find drinking water is helping me!
    Did anyone else get a date for their first scan?

Glad I'm not the only one getting stomach pains during the night. Obviously it's not nice but it is reassuring! I've got my first app and scan beginning of Dec and also have 20 week scan booked for beginning of Feb. Seems like ages away!

Is this everyone's first baby?

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Glad I'm not the only one getting stomach pains during the night. Obviously it's not nice but it is reassuring! I've got my first app and scan beginning of Dec and also have 20 week scan booked for beginning of Feb. Seems like ages away!

Is this everyone's first baby?

Yep first baby for us, We got lucky on our first try as well!
    I got my appointment for the 16th of November for my scan, I was surprised it was so soon.....I'll only be coming up to 11 weeks but I'm not complaining!

Congrats and welcome mrspostman, emmacash doubleb and murdywurdy. First baby for us too. Have had very bad morning sickness so doc signed me off work this week. Seems to have improved a bit thank goodness. Suffering badly with sinuses too as I take regular meds for a dust allergy but can't take them while pregnant so feeling a bit miserable overall.

Most of my friends are done with their kids so I'm a little behind them all. But it is v exciting.

• Advertisement

Hi just wondering did ye tell anybody yet ?? We have some friends coming next weekend . I don't know what excuse Im going to use for not drinking as I'm such a bad lier. Im trying to decide if I should just tell them I will be nearly 8 weeks by then. We haven't told any family yet. Any advice?

Advertisement