Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Mooney Show *MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,521 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Enjoying the swallows having a squalk-fest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Brek - "what's that sport in the Olympics (she actually said Olympia :) ) where they dive off springboards, what's that called?" :eek:

The mind boggles. :confused:

Whatever she's getting, it's too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

do you hear that green gobsh1te :mad:

do you hear that green gobsh1te :mad:

Is it Eamonn Ryan Day on RTE today?

Bad enough to hear him spluttering through a "News at One" piece on Anglo, but that bullcrap about running a green area along the Quays and cycle tracks all over the shop when we can't afford to fix already crumbling regional roads for tax-paying cars and other assorted ear-bleedin' nonsense.

Maybe he has a book coming out or something :eek:

I'm almost afraid to switch channels in case he shows up on Cooper, hopefully he's helmetted up and cycling off in the direction of that other world class super-bore George Hook.

Derek - "will I say anything about Anglo Irish?"

Brek - "I'm closing me ears now!"

Me too Brek....me too......byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Mother.of.Christ. That "most romantic husband" is a relative of mine. The shame :eek::o

Edit - credit where it's due - this I'm enjoying this segment with the MSF guy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Anyone hear the show today about some 50 year old cake :pac: oh and also gay marriage.
    Derek got really wound up because anytime he mentions the word gay he gets texts saying he's talking too much about the gay agenda etc.
    He got really angry actually and had to take a break to calm down. He then mentioned it again later in the show. I laughed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

This really is knock out stuff isn't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

syklops wrote: »
    This really is knock out stuff isn't?

It would sort of make you wish you hadnt missed the Titanic yourself..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

This is bollocks is what it is.

• Advertisement

Could she not have sent it to Dil on Newstalk.. This is right up her street.

If that dental nurse now goes as either an Oomploompa or as the girl who missed the boat did it not occur to Derek that all her friends will know she got the idea from him?

Though I think there might be other Oompalompas at the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

What is he doing?

PBH would make a good job of this interview. Not sure if this is really Dereks area.

Not sure Derek has an area. Unless its some kind of play area with swings and roundabouts and Jedward in it.

This is car crash stuff..

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭miketv

syklops wrote: »
    Not sure Derek has an area. Unless its some kind of play area with swings and roundabouts and Jedward in it.
    :D That made me laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

Brek describing her arrest for hitching on a motorway in Belgium many years ago.

Derek interjection "not arrested for soliciting or selling your wares" :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I honestly don't understand what people think she brings to radio.

I also don't know why its called The Mooney Show when she does most of the talking.

signostic wrote: »
    Brek describing her arrest for hitching on a motorway in Belgium many years ago.

Derek interjection "not arrested for soliciting or selling your wares" :eek:

:eek:

Is she that stuck for a job she put up with that?

One thing saying that one-on-one in a workplace (and even at that don't be surprised to get your knuckles rapped), but on national radio.

I'd think twice - dammit three times - before coming up with something like that to a woman no matter how familiar to me, or even "good for a laugh" she was. And even at that I'd probably keep my trap shut.

Whenever he decides to finally come out of the closet, he's going to be some baitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

Varadkar now on for awhile, laughs from Brek in the background but no contribution to the interview, has she been told to keep a sock in it..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

why is a gov minister getting such an easy number ?

may as well say he's sponsored it for a bit of free PR. Ya can see the whole interview done with them both having cups of tea and ginger nuts.

I switched back on when I read Brek had STFU.

Varadkar is full of crap with his "Watch this space" lark.

I bet he's sorry he said it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Surprisingly my question for Varadkar wasn't read out. :rolleyes: I don't know who is the bigger donkey - Varadkar or Mooney. The Gathering is still a pile of parrot droppings and as for graffiti not being a problem in Ireland...Jeez the turkey should get out a bit. If he was on top of his brief instead of being wheeled out as government PR spokesman on everything maybe he would have been able to better respond to the various questions laughingly posed to him. Mooney should go back to children's broadcasting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

As for blaming the collapse of the UK tourist market on sterling being weak - ffs!!

Lapin wrote: »
    I honestly don't understand what people think she brings to radio.

I also don't know why its called The Mooney Show when she does most of the talking.

According to Urban dictionary:
    Mooney

1. a person who thinks they know everything; someone who always thinks they're right and annoys the **** out of everyone.

2. someone who exaggerates stories when telling them to someone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

God, it's refreshing when a real scientist pulls Eanna et al up on their bull****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

God, it's refreshing when a real scientist pulls Eanna et al up on their bull****.

It's so bloody annoying, they bring on a guest to talk about something then constantly interrupt and speak over them.

It's so bloody annoying, they bring on a guest to talk about something then constantly interrupt and speak over them.

Ah yeah but it's worth it for such classic "humble pie" moments as this:

I've got €2.37 in loose change in my pocket, (and 50p sterling) !

I'm willing to gamble all that by betting that Brek will be reporting from that Mace shop in Beaumount that sold the winning Euromillions ticket.

Any takers ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,521 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Now this is good: Brenda - I was working as a chambermaid in a B & B and had to use a rod to get used condoms off the conservatory roof -. Now that's a class summer job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement