Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2015 Irish National Hill Climb Championship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

Weigh your helmet
    Then weigh an aero helmet
    Then "do the math"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

JK.BMC wrote: »
    Then "do the math"

We don't 'do the math' in Ireland, especially not in Irish cycling. We make the calculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

JK.BMC wrote: »
    Weigh your helmet
    Then weigh an aero helmet
    Then "do the math"

Only reason I asked is first 4.5km isn't that hilly apparently and so be good opportunity to get some speed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭devonp

any results ?

Well whoever said here that no part of this route goes up to 20% must have cycled a different route. The last 500m of this definitely hit 20%. It was a horrible finish. It would have been nice to have a 30 on the back which I didn't when it really hurt. Not the best route for national hill climb championships, hard to find too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

I've ridden it and it doesn't hit 20%, maybe you were justin hurting a wee bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 The Flying Vet

Have to say I really enjoyed the route even thou I suffered like a dog for the last k. Hard to get the balance of how deep to go on the first 4k and leave a bit in the tank for the cruel stuff!! Don't think I mastered it. Wasn't a Hillclimb for the pure climber but still a good test. Well organised and great spread after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

Just back, its was an inserting route ok,more roubaix with a hill at the end fast and very tec at the start,I made a hallix of the finish got lost on the last part of the hill and went all out only to find I still had 150m to go almost came to a stop ,a bit disappointed as i felt i was going ok up to that

I think they should have stuck to plan A and ran it up the hill on the other side

But can't fault the organisers well ran and on closed road with one hell of a feed not to mention the cake ,take a bow lads

jinkypolly wrote: »
    I've ridden it and it doesn't hit 20%, maybe you were justin hurting a wee bit.

I sure was hurting. Nearly died when I crossed the line. :D

I was the same. Went too hard at the start and died down towards the end for the cruel stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 rappid

good stuff lads! check your emails for results.

Are the results going to be published online? That's a long wait for a National Championship event to give out results.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I didn't realise you could do it on an LC licence? I might have give it a go in that case seeing as I was in that part of the country.

I did the Valley Wheelers Trasna na Gleannta sportive the day after and it was a fabulous spin. Great route. Really scenic, some fantastic little roads I hadn't been along in years and years, and a food stop with gorgeous ham sandwiches and luscious curranty bread like only country sportives can make.

Are the results going to be published online? That's a long wait for a National Championship event to give out results.

Agree, for a national event, waiting that long for results was a joke. They should be made public too.

Unfortunately one of the riders who was presented with his gold medal on the podium on Saturday was then informed on Sunday that there had been a mistake and that he hadn't actually won. I know mistakes can be made but for that to happen in a National Championship is just inexcusable.

Unfortunately one of the riders who was presented with his gold medal on the podium on Saturday was then informed on Sunday that there had been a mistake and that he hadn't actually won. I know mistakes can be made but for that to happen in a National Championship is just inexcusable.

Which one do tell ?

M50

M50

I wouldn't give medal back. Fcuk them it was their error. They should just present the other rider with a medal too end of.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Amprodude wrote: »
    I wouldn't give medal back. Fcuk them it was their error. They should just present the other rider with a medal too end of.

Seriously? Surely you wouldn't want a gold medal if you weren't actually the fastest? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Amprodude wrote: »
    You could just make yourself a medal out of one of those chocolate coins.

• Advertisement

colm18 wrote: »
    Seriously? Surely you wouldn't want a gold medal if you weren't actually the fastest? :confused:

Jaus I might get a medal out of this yet. :). But I'm with col on this one I'd be mightily pissed of but wouldn't want the medal for sure

colm18 wrote: »

They are hard to get :D

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

Absolute joke that they presented a medal without thoroughly checking the riders times, inexcusable really, and then to inform the right over 24hours later, mind baffling!!

And agreed, for a so called "national championships" results should be made public within hours of the event ending, although I suppose when they have to go over riders times and correct errors.....I wouldn't be expecting the right results for a while!!

Rant over!!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

Times, for those who are interested:

12095304_10153614801733926_6029493303688264435_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭easygoing39

According to the latest whispers the results are still wrong!!! Cycling Ireland has been sending e-mails to those who took part with revised results.Looks like alot of mistakes were made on the day,and people with certain medals will have to hand them back!!!!! Rough justice 5 days after the event!!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

If that's the case then its a pretty big balls up. All for new clubs taking on these events but I think it should be partnered with clubs that have experience running them. The national A3 race was sent the wrong way by marshalls this year on a course which had 3 notable turning points, baffling as to how you get that wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭alanucc

Omnishambles if true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Heard the guy was rang that day and wouldnt come back , error came to light when someone who didn't place originally stood up and informed everyone he had passed out the guy who had been presented with the medal , someone else had passed him as well.

Heard people were also entered in two categories , eg M40s and A4 . We were told when running the Munsters by commisaire that cyclists would only be considered in one category . One fella who entered M40s but got medal in A4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Why are CI happy to entrust national champs results to volunteers and amateurs?

Advertisement