Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

divorce

• 07-09-2015 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Im on a smallish income and my wife is on less...We are about to separate...At the moment I pay the large mortgage and need to supplement my income to pay all the bills etc...If I move out, I will need somewhere to rent and need to live so will have no ability to fund the mortgage on the old house or pay very little in maintenance...My solution is that I stay in the house, take custody of the children and raise them finding everything myself...my wife can move out and rent...I wont ask her for maintenance...Is this a possibility?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Acara

robinb1961 wrote: »
    Im on a smallish income and my wife is on less...We are about to separate...At the moment I pay the large mortgage and need to supplement my income to pay all the bills etc...If I move out, I will need somewhere to rent and need to live so will have no ability to fund the mortgage on the old house or pay very little in maintenance...My solution is that I stay in the house, take custody of the children and raise them finding everything myself...my wife can move out and rent...I wont ask her for maintenance...Is this a possibility?

How does your wife feel about this solution have you discussed it with her and your kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

robinb1961 wrote: »

Your solution makes little financial sense. Why couldn't you "find everything " yourself when living away and pay it in maintenance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 robinb1961

Communication broken down with wife and kids too young

• Registered Users Posts: 3 robinb1961

wont earn enough to live somewhere else and try and run 2 houses

Advertisement