Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Possible a court summon

Options
  • 27-01-2014 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi There,

I just collected the post from my old address and I found out that I was served a Fixed Charge Offence Notice. It is clear as day that I have committed a Speeding Offence and I am more than happy to bare the consequences and make the full payment.
    Reading through the notice however it says that If payment is not made within 28 days an increased fine will have to be paid.
    Considering that I have moved to a new address 12 days before the notice period and I was not aware of this Offence until today would it be possible to resend the Notice to my new address to allow me those 28 days to make the payment or i need to go to court as it is now the 60th day once the notice was issued.

I have requested my address to be updated on my driving license and logbook 7 days before the notice was issued and i have all proof necessary that i did not leave on the said address at the time.

Is this grounds to have this struck out?

I would really appreciate your help.

Best Regards,
    Niko

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

at this stage you will get a summons .. that is automatic.

When in court provide evidence of your move and passing your new details on to the Motor Tax office .. if you can show the court that you did in fact notify the relevant parties of your change of address in time, the judge will look favourably on you.

However, the offence still took place and expect points and a fine of some description !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Serphentis

whippet wrote: »
    at this stage you will get a summons .. that is automatic.

When in court provide evidence of your move and passing your new details on to the Motor Tax office .. if you can show the court that you did in fact notify the relevant parties of your change of address in time, the judge will look favourably on you.

However, the offence still took place and expect points and a fine of some description !!

Thanks for that :) It never crossed my mind I will be getting off Scott free out of this, I was just thinking that it would be a very common excuse "I did not get the notice" so kidna freeked out :) Much better now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭dazza21ie

Be careful if you do get a summons as a court conviction automatically carries 4 penalty points as opposed to the 2 you would have got if you had paid the fine. Some judges might deal with it by way of a charitable donation, worth taking advice as your insurance etc could be affected.

Advertisement