Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

And I'll keep posting funny pictures.

tumblr_mo9pz8VBOK1qirycuo1_500.png

Dunno who this blue scrub is.
    tumblr_mo98necX871ri27wvo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'll add updates and reveals to the first post as they appear.

Thanks but I am here primarily here for amusing pictures of Villager.

That is the best news.

I want that Majora Mask Moon Villager in a wallpaper size.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Sairus wrote: »
    Dunno who this blue scrub is.
    tumblr_mo98necX871ri27wvo1_500.jpg

Haunting memories of Captain N rushing back.

I need a drink.

6A0EPwM.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

This was posted on Sakurai's twitter a while back to promote the game:

468px-Super_Smash_Bros_4.jpg

Might be an indicator of who's definitely returning.

Also: Total time to first cosplay: 12 hours.

tumblr_mo9ox4dbsR1rdm9pso4_500.png
    http://deerlet.tumblr.com/post/52773854016/a-closet-cosplay-that-i-took-too-far-but-tadah

And just for Dave:
    original.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

i cant wait play as megaman and wii fit trainer, but i ve wait about a year to play this game, plus i cant wii fit u on the wii u to come out 2

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prenelf

Sairus wrote: »
    People have been pointing out that Nintendo says they will have the same number of characters. That leaves wiggle room for potentially both systems having different characters.

Looks like they've already confirmed there'll be different characters across the two games without saying so outright.

If you look through the characters on the website, you'll see that each character profile has screenshots of them in both the Wii U and 3DS versions of the game - except for the Wii Fit Trainer. Looks like she's a Wii U exclusive.

Looks like they've already confirmed there'll be different characters across the two games without saying so outright.

If you look through the characters on the website, you'll see that each character profile has screenshots of them in both the Wii U and 3DS versions of the game - except for the Wii Fit Trainer. Looks like she's a Wii U exclusive.

Oh man, I don't want them to split two rosters across two different games.

Platform exclusive stages I was cool with, but not characters.

Platform exclusive stages I was cool with, but not characters.

It's not exactly surprising though. Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart DS have widely different cars, tracks and characters. I don't see why Nintendo wouldn't do the same with Smash Bros.

• Advertisement

It makes sense though, since wii fit is only on the wii console. They might do the same with 3ds games.

It's not exactly surprising though. Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart DS have widely different cars, tracks and characters. I don't see why Nintendo wouldn't do the same with Smash Bros.

That comparison makes no sense, since Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart DS were released three years apart, and Smash 4 is going to have different versions of the same game with different version exclusive content.

Like imagine if the next SF/IJ/Marvel were announced, and the coolest character of your personal mileage (Karin/Martian Manhunger/Venom/Gambit/Classic Megaman) were exclusive to the Vita port. People would lose their minds.
    prenelf wrote: »
    It makes sense though, since wii fit is only on the wii console. They might do the same with 3ds games.

I don't think this line of thinking makes any sense either.
    Marth was originally released on the NES, and his games were later ported to the DS, but he was featured both on the Gamecube and the Wii Smash Bros! Marth must be cut from Smash 4 immediately!

Trying to make sense of it will only make your head hurt, Dave. Fact of the matter is, the games are being released in tandem, and Nintendo want people to buy both. It stands to reason that there should be unique features in each version, however small, to encourage that. They've been using the same business model with Pokémon for the better part of 20 years, and it's their number-one money-printer.

Marth was originally released on the NES, and his games were later ported to the DS

Yeah, but the wii fit trainer wasn't. That's like saying mario was in a ds game so he shouldn't be in the console version either.

I know the reason is money. Anyone claiming the reason isn't money is kidding themselves.

That's why I'm taking issue with anyone saying it "makes sense" to exclude content because of characters previously being on certain consoles or not. That line of thinking is nuts.

I know the reason is money. Anyone claiming the reason isn't money is kidding themselves.

That's why I'm taking issue with anyone saying it "makes sense" to exclude content because of characters previously being on certain consoles or not. That line of thinking is nuts.

There we go then. It's happening. Best deal with it and move on.

I honestly hope this isn't the case, But if they're going to sell both versions that's the best way for them to do it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm more freaked out by seeing Mr. Baal get angry about something than the Villager...

1.png

Probably a stretch, but the stage could hint at little mac.

^ I'd been trying to work out whose stage that could be. Good shout.

• Advertisement

I'm more freaked out by seeing Mr. Baal get angry about something

Give me a fanboy pass on this one thing.

Brawl was absolutely the biggest disappointment of my gaming life; one that I waited seven years for. I really want Smash 4 to be excellent.

Serious discussion though: I don't think there's history of there ever being a competitive portable FGC scene.
    If they are making some characters version exclusive, with no way of unlocking them via connectivity with the other version; then essentially every character exclusive to the 3DS is dead to tourney players and a non-announcement to the competitive scene.

Since the design ethos behind Brawl was "F**k those tourney guys", and I'm hoping they don't think like this anymore; this direction would not be an encouraging thing for my fan enthusiasm.

but you can transfer data from wiiu version to 3ds version and vice verse

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    but you can transfer data from wiiu version to 3ds version and vice verse

Source?

Ok. At risk of upsetting Prinny any further, I feel I should point out that there's one other character that only has Wii U screenshots on the website: Villager.

*braces for impact*

Source?

wikipedia

wikipedia

Then it's obviously legit.

Villager not confirmed on both? Yeah I know. Everything is fan speculation at this point. Very little has been officially confirmed one way or the other.

Plus they could fill this game with every single amazing character under the sun, but if it still plays like Brawl, I'm going to be disappointed.

It's an uphill hype battle. I'd like to stay optimistic though.
    i have no source

Fair enough

in the last Nintendo direct the playable new comers were megaman, and villager
    http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html

in the last Nintendo direct the playable new comers were megaman, and villager
    http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html
    YouDontSay-Vampires-kiss.jpg

• Advertisement

Advertisement