Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I hope this game picks up a good Irish community when it comes out because I actually want to play people in person and not online.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

I hope this game picks up a good Irish community when it comes out because I actually want to play people in person and not online.
    Ya can make a start with T6 man! :)
    We normally play on a saturday in the XGC, and the last two cauals there've been 8ppl solely playing tekken! :)
    More the merrier!

Ya can make a start with T6 man! :)
    We normally play on a saturday in the XGC, and the last two cauals there've been 8ppl solely playing tekken! :)
    More the merrier!

Yeah i do play T6 but I just can not be bothered to put any effort into it.
    It doesn't have that thing that draws me back to it but when TTT2 comes out I would like to come down for some of the bigger events like tourneys etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 EVanB

Playable Unknown perhaps?

8u1B2l.png

EVanB wrote: »
    Playable Unknown perhaps?

8u1B2l.png

Hopefully unknown was awesome.
    I hope we get to learn who she is, well I guess she wouldn't be unknown then would she.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Hopefully unknown was awesome.
    I hope we get to learn who she is, well I guess she wouldn't be unknown then would she.

It was revealed who she is in TTT2 Arcade Mode
    Jun Kazama is Unknown, Jun is the final boss, and when you defeat her, she morphs into Unknown for the 2nd half of the fight, unlike in TTT1 where she copied everyone's playstyle like Mokujin, she uses Jun's fighting style in TTT2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Jun Kazama is Unknown, Jun is the final boss, and when you defeat her, she morphs into Unknown for the 2nd half of the fight, unlike in TTT1 where she copied everyone's playstyle like Mokujin, she uses Jun's fighting style in TTT2

kewl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

That kinda makes sense -
    didn't unknown always default to Jun's moves at the start of the round? I used to always use her and Jun as (effectively) a Jun/Jun combo.

In other news, I'm really looking forward to the return of Kunimitsu.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Plus the two charactes look incredibly alike

Plus the two charactes look incredibly alike
    I wonder if harda is trying to hint at something

• Advertisement

Yeah that was my guess at who she was, seeing as they look similar and in TTT1 she always starts off with the same move set as her

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Any word on if Gamestop is doing any of the pre order DLC here ?

J0hnick wrote: »
    Any word on if Gamestop is doing any of the pre order DLC here ?

I was wondering the same thing but I doubt it because they aren't advertising it like they do with pre-order bonuses for other games.

If they aren't doing it we will just have to wait a few months to get the DLC for FREE!!!!

Edit: I just read on gamestop.ie that they are doing pre-order bonuses you get the snoop dogg stage, bikinis, 2 characters and some other bonuses.

waiting a quarter of a year to get the full content is just bu***hit. Especially when you consider you'll have to fight oodles of Kunimitsu's online with no idea of the character's moves because you can't take her for a run in practice mode.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

waiting a quarter of a year to get the full content is just bu***hit. Especially when you consider you'll have to fight oodles of Kunimitsu's online with no idea of the character's moves because you can't take her for a run in practice mode.

You'd change your tune if you played capcom games for a while :)

I was wondering the same thing but I doubt it because they aren't advertising it like they do with pre-order bonuses for other games.

If they aren't doing it we will just have to wait a few months to get the DLC for FREE!!!!

Edit: I just read on gamestop.ie that they are doing pre-order bonuses you get the snoop dogg stage, bikinis, 2 characters and some other bonuses.

Indeed they are

http://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20360/Games/20316/tekken-tag-tournament-2
    You'd change your tune if you played capcom games for a while

This, Capcom wouldn't give you the steam off their piss for free.

righteo sold!

I was thinking of actually buying this game for xBox instead of ps3... better online experience maybe?

righteo sold!

I was thinking of actually buying this game for xBox instead of ps3... better online experience maybe?

XBL is better then PSN, you get what you pay for.

I think the Tekken community is focused on PSN

I think the Tekken community is focused on PSN

Really ?, I know a lot of high level Tekken players play on dual shocks, but thats nothing a PS2 -> 360 converter cant solve.

With the exception of Persona 4 before the patch, I cant think of any game were the online was better on PSN then XBL, Ill be getting it on 360 regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Would the online be any faster on XBL? I'm probably going to stick to PS3 anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

everyone wrote:
    PSN vs XBL
    oJe7s.jpg

I think the online experience is better on XBL.
    The games seems waaaay less laggy and I've had far fewer connection drops on XBL.
    The no. of players of T6 on XBL is actually really good.
    For example, if i'm playing late @ nite, i RARELY get a 3bar game on PSN, but i can comfortably find a good few on XBL.

All that being said, the community are much nicer on PSN.
    The players are far friendlier, with much less hate-mail and a lot more GG's and invites to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

Old school for me - offline! - less-er lag (if any) and at least you get to see who you're fighting against :)

Haha plus when you fight people offline you can physically attack them upon loosing.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

Hell yeah! Lolz

I'm gonna be picking it up for Xbox anyway.

What teams are we all running? I'm gonna use Asuka/???? (Gonna play around for 2nd char)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I'll be xboxin' also.

Will probably play AK/Lili as my old main and sub from DR. Would love to use Zafina but she's rather awkward to learn - might put some effort into her if the game actually takes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I'll be on PS3.

Most likely going to find what works best between Miguel, Jun, Jinpachi, Leo and Xiaoyu.

• Advertisement

lol!
    I'll take offline everyday if its available! ;)

Most likely Hwo/Kaz.
    Probably learn Jin/Hei/Lee/Drag as understudies.

Advertisement