Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Separate threads for film & TV
    All depends. The Hobbit and a couple of the Marvel films are always there.

Louis CK live at the Comedy Store was added with nary a fuss at the weekend. Top drawer comedy as always. Well worth a watch.

i assume its down to how many people watch them and its decided if it warrants keeping them or not

i have started watching House M.D very enjoyable

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

American. Is the French version there too?

Both series of the French one are on Irish Netflix. There's also the film version from 2004, which I think is what the TV show is based on, don't know if that's any good or not though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

What happened, miss Simone?

Fascinating Netflix made documentary on Nina Simone. Highly recommended.

• Both series of the French one are on Irish Netflix. There's also the film version from 2004, which I think is what the TV show is based on, don't know if that's any good or not though.

I watched the film version last night, started off really well dealing with the Returned in terms of logistics but with a nice Invasion of the Body Snatchers vibe to it. The ending ... well, I guess I just didn't "get it".

I watched the film version last night, started off really well dealing with the Returned in terms of logistics but with a nice Invasion of the Body Snatchers vibe to it. The ending ... well, I guess I just didn't "get it".

Have you watched the TV version? I didn't get the ending of that either.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,124 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Have you watched the TV version? I didn't get the ending of that either.

I enjoyed both seasons but it reminded me of Lost in that
    they had a compelling concept but with no satisfying way they could possibly explain it, I don't think there's anything really to get in the end other than you just have to except what happens can't fully be explained.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ScottScott

I just noticed that they added The Way We Are! I love that film, very intense performances by Redford and Streisand

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I enjoyed both seasons but it reminded me of Lost in that
    they had a compelling concept but with no satisfying way they could possibly explain it, I don't think there's anything really to get in the end other than you just have to except what happens can't fully be explained.

Yeah. There was actually a bit of an explanation for why they all came back but
    what happened to them all at the end was a bit of a mystery, or why th baby was so important?
    It wasn't an unsatisfactory ending it was just a bit oh, that's it, okay then.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,124 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah. There was actually a bit of an explanation for why they all came back but
    what happened to them all at the end was a bit of a mystery, or why th baby was so important?
    It wasn't an unsatisfactory ending it was just a bit oh, that's it, okay then.
    Yeah all they say was the baby was like Victor so it had to stay, but we never get an explanation as to who or what Victor really is other than he has strange powers and started the whole thing so we just have to go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭tigger123

What happened, miss Simone?

Fascinating Netflix made documentary on Nina Simone. Highly recommended.

It's an excellent watch. Doesn't shy away from the truth either; she doesn't always come off the best in it.

• Advertisement

tigger123 wrote: »
    It's an excellent watch. Doesn't shy away from the truth either; she doesn't always come off the best in it.

I remember finding it incredibly sad. All she wanted to do was play piano in Carnegie Hall and other people got involved in her life and sent her in a completely different direction. Her entire career was never what she wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I watched The Tenant last night - very good film from Roman Polanksi

Ended up watching Girl Interrupted after it - top notch watch as always

• Have you watched the TV version? I didn't get the ending of that either.

Only the first series of the French one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Only the first series of the French one.

second season of french one is on Irish netflix so maybe it will answer some of your questions you impatient mob

• donfers wrote: »
    second season of french one is on Irish netflix so maybe it will answer some of your questions you impatient mob

:) I'd be surprised, the film is quite different. But yes, it's the second season is on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Finished all 8 series of Red Dwarf last night (not in one go) and really enjoyed it. Such a bizarre show, it's a classic sitcom in so many ways but yet it somehow manages to completely shift the actual situation of each series, so the first series is a sitcom about three characters stranded and alone in space and the eighth series is basically sci-fi Porridge. Unfortunately all the newer Dave produced stuff isn't on Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

You spelled 'fortunately' wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Just discovered the RTÉ sitcom "Trivia" is on Netflix if anyone's interested: https://www.netflix.com/title/70251260

James74 wrote:
    You spelled 'fortunately' wrong.

I've watched the first part of Back to Earth, why is Rimmer a hologram again!? The lack of continuity is very confusing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Finished all 8 series of Red Dwarf last night (not in one go) and really enjoyed it. Such a bizarre show, it's a classic sitcom in so many ways but yet it somehow manages to completely shift the actual situation of each series, so the first series is a sitcom about three characters stranded and alone in space and the eighth series is basically sci-fi Porridge. Unfortunately all the newer Dave produced stuff isn't on Netflix.

I've started watching it from the start too. Great show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

The Big Short is being added sometime next month. The Steve Carroll Ryan Gosling comedy about the financial crash of 08.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

The Big Short is being added sometime next month. The Steve Carroll Ryan Gosling comedy about the financial crash of 08.

Well worth a watch. I preferred Margin Call but I'd imagine people would prefer the comedic element of Big Short

September doesn't look great for new additions from the lists I've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I've watched the first part of Back to Earth, why is
    Rimmer a hologram again!? The lack of continuity is very confusing

They do kinda talk about it, but BTE takes place ~ 2 seasons later. 2 missing seasons later

youll also have noticed no Kochanski

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Luke Cage towards the end of the month is all I need.

They do kinda talk about it, but BTE takes place ~ 2 seasons later. 2 missing seasons later

youll also have noticed no Kochanski

But the season after BtE is 10, shoudn't it be 11?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ScottScott

And the new season of Narcos! :-)

flazio wrote: »
    Luke Cage towards the end of the month is all I need.
    ScottScott wrote: »
    And the new season of Narcos! :-)

To clarify, September doesn't look great for new releases that aren't Netflix Original series ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Los héroes del mal decent enough Spanish movie, seems like a loose Spanish version of the movie Kidz if anyone has seen it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Reading this thread and it nearly makes me want to re-activate my sub which I cancelled when the whole DNS and big price increase kicked in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement