Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gentlemen, what defines a man as a 'pussy' in your opinion?

Options
  • 18-02-2012 5:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Ha, just thought about this so why not post it :pac:
    Basically, what defines a man as a 'pussy/wimp' etc in your opinion?

(i'll throw out a few examples)
    - a man who knows his girlfriend/wife is cheating on him but refuses to acknowlege it or do anything about it.
    - a man who will not at least attempt to fight back in a fight. Even in a self-defense situation.
    - A man who views women as being "persecuted" in today's society. That the 'man' holds them back .. i'm talking about the right scrawny type.

care to add?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭crfcaio

Jake187 wrote: »

- a man who knows his girlfriend/wife is cheating on him but refuses to acknowlege it or do anything about it.
    - a man who will not at least attempt to fight back in a fight. Even in a self-defense situation.
    - A man who views women as being "persecuted" in today's society. That the 'man' holds them back .. i'm talking about the right scrawny type.

care to add?

Men like you.

On a more serious note, I'd say men who are afraid of taking risks when courting women. Grow some balls, ffs!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

If he has a tail and walks on all four.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

If he drinks skimmed milk.

It's in a pink carton, you big girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

It's not being a pussy if he just doesn't care that she is cheating, if he does care and is just in denial then he has deeper issues than just being a pussy.

Was Ghandi a pussy? It takes far more courage to look someone in the eye when they are trying to fight you and say no, That said, I'd fight back, but I wouldn't look down on someone who doesn't.

A "pussy" to me is someone who won't take the risk to get what he wants, such as stewing in the friend zone because he couldn't make a move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Yes. Male feminists. What jokers.

No really, I guess the closest thing to what you describe that I dislike is a pushover. But that can apply to both sexes, and is not particularly related to masculinity.

I don't think the term wimp exists in my day to day vocabulary. It is not enough to be a man in life. You are born a man, you only ever hope to become a gentleman. But wimp is such a loaded term, it does not even attempt to seek an alternative viewpoint to one very specific view of manliness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭acidskiffle

Someone who thinks they have to fight back in a fight incase their ego gets damaged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Jake187

Was Ghandi a pussy? It takes far more courage to look someone in the eye when they are trying to fight you and say no, That said, I'd fight back, but I wouldn't look down on someone who doesn't.

In an ideal world the Ghandi/not be violent approach would work with some scumbag who wants a fight with you on a saturday night. Defusing things but it doesnt tho. Not in this world.

90% of the time if one shows that they dont want to fight. It makes the other get confidence that they can kick your ass .. and will try to do so.

But as for courage? a man who is well capable of handling himself but chooses to defuse a fight can be seen as courage. As he can leave himself open for a cheap shot. A man who refuses to fight because its not it him is ANYTHING but courage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

In an ideal world the Ghandi/not be violent approach would work with some scumbag who wants a fight with you on a saturday night. Defusing things but it doesnt tho. Not in this world.

90% of the time if one shows that they dont want to fight. It makes the other get confidence that they can kick your ass .. and will try to do so.

But as for courage? a man who is well capable of handling himself but chooses to defuse a fight can be seen as courage. As he can leave himself open for a cheap shot. A man who refuses to fight because its not it him is ANYTHING but courage.

How drunk are you on a scale of 1 to 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Sensitivity = Pussy.

Desensitized, cocky, ignorant, abrasive, self assured stupidity, c*nt = More pussy.

djk1000 wrote: »
    How drunk are you on a scale of 1 to 10?

The correct question would of been how much of a man i am.
    But by asking that, I know how much of a man you are :)

• Advertisement

A man who refuses to fight because its not it him is ANYTHING but courage.
    Would you ever run from a fight if you were certain you would get your head kicked in?

Would you ever run from a fight if you were certain you would get your head kicked in?

Ahh ;)
    you are bringing situations into it. Indeed it has to be mentioned.

There is a difference between fighting 1 guy and then 3 guys in self defense.
    One guy against three has no chance. But 1 against 1? Is it not smart to defend yourself then make your exit?

But here is another situation thrown back at you ... some 5ft1 over-weight soft touch is attacking you. Would you still have the same "i wont fight" approach?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

men who arent sporty
    men with small hands and small shoe size
    men who are not manual workers
    it is endless...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

If he lays around the house all day, moans when he's hungry and begs you for food, then he is a pussy. Of course, you have your particular kind of pussy's, that roam the streets, and tend to leave the house a little more trying to get a bit of pussy action and in this case he is a tomcat.

And if you wear boots, you may also be a pussy,smooth and slick, but these tend to be more of the spanish descent.

Of course, you have your regular working class pussy as well, but they're an oppressed minority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Men who skulk around gardens peeing on plants, walking along back walls/fences, hiding under cars, staying out all night, scratching trees, licking himself to keep clean and sleeping all day.

Yep, then he's a pussy.

Men who skulk around gardens peeing on plants, walking along back walls/fences, hiding under cars, staying out all night, scratching trees, licking himself to keep clean and sleeping all day.

Yep, then he's a pussy.

Are you a pussy or just more of a groupie?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

A closeted narrowhead dole scrounging motherfcuker who refuses to get off his worthless arse and do a days work. We're all ****ed in this sh1thole country and fcukin male failures like what I've described above only further the malaise.

RIP Ireland, anyone with any ambition left will flee, do you see that ship smoke yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

But here is another situation thrown back at you ... some 5ft1 over-weight soft touch is attacking you. Would you still have the same "i wont fight" approach?
    I would for one.

Don't you think it ought to be pretty much a given that it is wrong, and not very 'manly' to hit someone who is smaller or apparently of less physical strength:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

care to add?

I was with you until you got to number two and three and I'm no feminist, but
    number three is completely random and doesn't really make any sense to why it would make a man a wimp. Some women are persecuted in today's society and as for number two, that depends entirely on the situation. actually Id view must guys/people who do fight as d**ks not wimps, unless to god the situation really was unavoidable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

A closeted narrowhead dole scrounging motherfcuker who refuses to get off his worthless arse and do a days work. We're all ****ed in this sh1thole country and fcukin male failures like what I've described above only further the malaise.

RIP Ireland, anyone with any ambition left will flee, do you see that ship smoke yet??

I dont think its all 'Hi Ho Hi Ho, i'ts off to work we go' bro, some folks, even pussies, would like to gain employment, its just not a case of dropping one's CV's in and getting a call on the way out anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

Ahh ;)

One guy against three has no chance. But 1 against 1? Is it not smart to defend yourself then make your exit?

Chuck Norris?

care to add?

so walking away from a fight because its not "in" them or they feel they are the underdog and could be seriously hurt or involve others as so often does happen is being a wimp. Bloody smart if you ask me. why the hell would they choose to be a scumbag and fight anyway if they could walk away. fair enough if your ego is so fragile, that it will castrate you mentally should you not fight "like a real man", but get over it. Enough scumbags on the street already than others engaging and encouraging fights because they have an ego to prove

your ideals of a "man" OP are noble and if it were the middle ages, Im sure you would be knighted, but seriously come on.

Ahh ;)

No I have been in a few fights and don't like to back down, but won't be afraid to run away if it saves me a hiding.
    It would depend on whether the 5ft1 overweight man was causing me much damage.
    I wouldn't beat him up for the sake of it because he appears to be a pushover, but if he has a baseball bat or something I'd probably give him a boot in the arse.

So ..
    IrishEyes.

No matter what the situation is, if someone attacks me, say for no reason. I should run away? No self-defense. Nothing. Just make my exit. No matter what. Take a punch? walk alway. Get something thrown at me? walk away.

Because I am a 'barbian' to do anything other.
    Ok. got you. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Are you a pussy or just more of a groupie?

More like a Tom cat type of pussy.

, but if he has a baseball bat or something I'd probably give him a boot in the arse.

Really? See, this would be the part where I would try to run away , for my own safety... if you missed or your blow was ineffectual then a hit of the bat could be all it takes to **** you up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

A straight man who acts like a gay man.
    A man who is pussywhipped.

Hipsters!

Really? See, this would be the part where I would try to run away , for my own safety... if you missed or your blow was ineffectual then a hit of the bat could be all it takes to **** you up.
    True but he is 5ft1 and overweight so I would judge the situation to see if he was anyway nifty with the bat and, if not, take the bat and give him a kick in the arse for his trouble.
    If he was a 5ft1 overweight ninja then I would run.

So ..
    IrishEyes.

No matter what the situation is, if someone attacks me, say for no reason. I should run away? No self-defense. Nothing. Just make my exit. No matter what. Take a punch? walk alway. Get something thrown at me? walk away.

Because I am a 'barbian' to do anything other.
    Ok. got you. :rolleyes:

and that is why, Jake, you should read the posts very very very very carefully, you would have seen ( if you had done so) that I said in my first post. (I'll direct you to it if you wish) that I said, it depends on the situation.

so jake, if someone attacks you for no reason and you believe you are in serious danger of getting an injury, something thrown at you, a punch, bla bla bla, you have my full support to defend yourself.

but as I said.....if you can get away without such injuries. dont be a di*k and fight the guy if it can be avoided. :rolleyes:

and dont :rolleyes: at me at 5am without good reason. Im far too alert to know I didnt make a mistake in my post. thanks

• Advertisement

True but he is 5ft1 and overweight so I would judge the situation to see if he was anyway nifty with the bat and, if not, take the bat and give him a kick in the arse for his trouble.
    If he was a 5ft1 overweight ninja then I would run.

Being honest, the only damage you could do to someone is by ringing the police or solicitor...

Advertisement