Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2010 HSE Ambulance Service Recruitment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 halpers

Sparkey84 wrote: »
    Just got the forms off this am, hope right ones. There is no international form so the standard npc form, as used for domestic purposes, is the one to go with. I filled it in by putting my Irish address as current and listing my auz address in their prevous addressess section. The code to use in the top right cornor is 30. Only problem I can see is that 5-6 weeks would seem to be the turn around when you include postage. Will this be soon enough? Wee bit worried about that.

Depends how far up the panel I suppose. Im very far down so not expecting to be called anytime soon. Did you just write the bankdraft/cheque out to the Australian Federal Police??

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Sparkey84

Yeah payable to auz federal police, no more detail needed than that. I'm 19 on the panel so I do not know if I will be in first or second class, depends on how many left on previous panel. If I was to be called to first class I would need to produce auz police clearence "5 days after the date I'm offered a training place". Does anyone know when this date might be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Chervill

Does anyone have any idea how many people will be taken in each class or how many classes and when they usually run for the trainee paramedic's? I came in the 30's on the panel for the paramedic trainee. I want to book holidays but im afraid they will clash with the training.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mossie1m

They are taking 24 per class and the first class is scheduled for the 21st march and maybe May for the second class. After that i think it will be up to the new government after the election as to whether they will allow further intake or not. Hopefully we will all get through from this panel. It has been challenging enough to get on the panel not to mind the uncertainty of what is to come. It will be a waiting game i'm afraid.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Chervill

Thanks Mossie1m for that. At least a class in March will get the ball rolling. It is all very uncertain, I hope we hear soon whats happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭DUBDUBDUB

redpoppy wrote: »
    Hi,

I have sent off to the MET London for a PNC printout, I got the receipt back to say they've received it - is that sufficient for vetting for the HSE as I see they've been asking for a Police Clearance Cert, is it the same thing ?

Just wondering if I need to send off to Disclosure Scotland for the cert ?

thanks

I got someone to go into a police station in Scotland, as for a clearance form, sent it over to me, i filled it in, sent it back with a tenner as i think thats how much it costs.

There is a check box on the Scottish form saying something along the lines of "if you wish to be cleared on the Police National Computer at Scotland yard, please tick this box"

Scotland yard clearance should be good enough. Should be, but i would be belts and braces at this stage. You will get enough messing about mate trust me.

i mean, some people, who will remain nameless told me i had to get it from Scotland as well because Scotland Yard is in England . You dont want to have to try and explain the whole Great Britain thing to some chimp at the last minute if it is the last thing holding you up.

Oh, and make sure your educational stuff from Scotland is the equivalent of the leaving certificate AND YOU CAN PROVE IT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ibmcc

DUBDUBDUB wrote: »
    I got someone to go into a police station in Scotland, as for a clearance form, sent it over to me, i filled it in, sent it back with a tenner as i think thats how much it costs.

There is a check box on the Scottish form saying something along the lines of "if you wish to be cleared on the Police National Computer at Scotland yard, please tick this box"

Scotland yard clearance should be good enough. Should be, but i would be belts and braces at this stage. You will get enough messing about mate trust me.

i mean, some people, who will remain nameless told me i had to get it from Scotland as well because Scotland Yard is in England . You dont want to have to try and explain the whole Great Britain thing to some chimp at the last minute if it is the last thing holding you up.

Oh, and make sure your educational stuff from Scotland is the equivalent of the leaving certificate AND YOU CAN PROVE IT!!

I phoned Manorhamilton to try and find out what level of clearance was required. They seemed to be a bit unsure about what was required but said a PCN (Form 3019)from the Met police was what most people sent in.

As far as I know a PCN from any UK Police covers you, but I stand to be corrected.

I'm late eighties on the panel so it gives me a bit of time to get it sorted, if they are wrong.

Does anyone know if we get notification of our progress on the panel as the year rolls on?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Tech Dave

Phecc Exam dates are up for the next two Paramedic classes, class 10 is in Dublin, with class 11 in Ballinasloe. Start dates look like March and May. Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 maltam

Just got my start date ...... only sh*t!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Hightower21

Me too.
    Looks like Dublin. Anybody get ballinasloe?

• Advertisement

Me too.
    Looks like Dublin. Anybody get ballinasloe?

Seems Class 11 will be in Ballinasloe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 speedy88

Hi

Did ye all get a message today? I received a message saying offers for class 10 dublin posted today. I presume we will get something in post tomorow? Checked my email and public jobs and nothing there.

speedy88 wrote: »
    Hi

Did ye all get a message today? I received a message saying offers for class 10 dublin posted today. I presume we will get something in post tomorow? Checked my email and public jobs and nothing there.

You get a txt , then contract in the post ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jasonm

Hi all,

I got this text too and I hope like everyone else that there will be something in the post tomorrow or Thursday for me. I'm number 23 on the panel so its been an anxious time for me as I'm definitely in the grey area with regards class 10 or 11 depending on carry over from the last panel.

Can anyone confirm for me that it was only people who will be receiving an offer that got the text or did everyone on the panel get it? I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Sparkey84

Glad to get the news anyway, delighted for all of us, well done all round. Does anyone know when we find out what part of country we are being sent to for placements and internship? Will it be in the contract in post tomorow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Griffindore

Hi All. A HUGE congrats to everyone that got their texts yesterday. Good luck with the medicals and starting on the journey that we are all waiting to go on. It was only those getting offered a place that got the text. So the rest of us are waiting until the next round in May and hopefully September. FOr those of us that were further down the panel, the upside is that we are now closer to the top. Delighted for you all and can't wait for the day I get the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 laois123

Hi all well done on getting in. Anyone have an idea how many got in

Hi all,

I'm working my way through the paperwork that arrived today and I'm going through the medical form. I'm just wondering do we have to have all of the immunisations before we will be accepted on to the course or can we be in the process of getting them as I havent fully completed any of my vaccine schedules to date.

Hep B
    MMR
    Rubella
    Varicella
    BCG
    Hep A
    Tetanus
    Thyphoid
    Polio
    Diphtheria
    Meningitis C

Also I'm a bit confused in section 7, do we have to go off and be tested for Hep B and C ourselves before submitting back in the form or do they do this as part of the medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 sedgley

For future refs does anyone know what exactly is involved in the medical, is there an eyesight test or colourblind test? And is there a minimum standard or anything that could exclude you from employment?

thanks in advance
    Sedge

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Sparkey84 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when we find out what part of country we are being sent to for placements and internship? Will it be in the contract in post tomorow?

No it won't, your contract will say that you may be assigned to any of the operational divisions of the NAS.

You will find out placement locations 1-2 weeks in advance, and internship placement 3-4 weeks in advance normally. Get used to living from a suitcase! Oh, and welcome to the game! :)

• Advertisement

sedgley wrote: »
    For future refs does anyone know what exactly is involved in the medical, is there an eyesight test or colourblind test? And is there a minimum standard or anything that could exclude you from employment?

I've answered this before sedgley, no eye test, I brought eyesight test from optician. Fill out a few medical questionnaires (be honest!), check of weight, BP etc. Option of bloods taken for cardiovascular risk checks.

With regards to minimum standard, once you're deemed medically okay for the job. There is no physical test at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 speedy88

Hi

I am also confused with that jasonm anybody here know?

I've checked with people who went through it last time.

No we are not expected to have them but if you do you need to let them know.

Same for testing. If you been tested give the results.

The hse provide the necessary immunisations

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

coolmoose wrote: »
    No it won't, your contract will say that you may be assigned to any of the operational divisions of the NAS.

You will find out placement locations 1-2 weeks in advance, and internship placement 3-4 weeks in advance normally. Get used to living from a suitcase! Oh, and welcome to the game! :)

Any tips regarding accommodation for the first 8 weeks & placements?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Hightower21

I rang the unit in tullamore to check about the jabs.
    If you had recent jabs eg tetnus, or other vaccinations (for traveling)
    Put them details down. If like me your last jab was your BCG in 5th class then dont worry about that part of the form.

There going to draw bloods from us to test us. So roll up that sleve!

You will need to get an eye test either from your doctor or optician and bring with you to the examination.

You will also need a your drivers licience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Gebbo

I see they are looking for Original Leaving Certificates again! Anyone esle mislaid theirs and in the same boat as me? I got a statement of results from the Dept of Education and that got me through the interviews etc,only its UCD are looking for "Originals" Leaving Certificates" now so im praying and hoping it will suffice! Its the only thing the Dept will issue and they have told me it should be accepted! Heres hoping anyway! waiting on a call from UCD tmw!

I ordered mine in Oct from www.examinations.ie and received it last week after many phonecalls and emails. I was told it was issued 2 days after I ordered it but needless to say I had issues to get this.

I find it a bit rediculous that they need this, proof of penalty points and copy of drivers license again.

But hey if it helps secure a place...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Gebbo

jasonm wrote: »
    I ordered mine in Oct from www.examinations.ie and received it last week after many phonecalls and emails. I was told it was issued 2 days after I ordered it but needless to say I had issues to get this.

I find it a bit rediculous that they need this, proof of penalty points and copy of drivers license again.

But hey if it helps secure a place...
    i ordered that too and recieved it from examinations.ie but thats only a statement of results and not the "original" leaving certificate,but i assume they'll accept that like,the dept cant issue an actual yellow coloured "Original" leaving certificate again so heres hoping they accept the statement as its watermarked and offical looking!

There are obviously a few of you here going to be in the same class, so PM each other, and maybe go look to get a short term house lease? Estate agents are about the best bet for this. There are also 'digs' available around the Chapelizod area, the college may have more details on these. Try daft.ie for short term lettings, try the following areas:

Chapelizod
    Palmerstown
    Kilmainham
    Castleknock
    Drimnagh
    Cabra
    Ashtown
    Cherry Orchard
    Redcowfarm

Most people who go to Dublin NASC stay in the West County Hotel, around the corner from the Park in Chapelizod, tel 01-6264011. They do a reduced rate for NASC students AFAIK, so mention that to them on the phone.

People generally book in for 4 nights per week (Mon-Thur inclusive) and head home on the Friday after finish.

With regards to placements, the college will try to place you in facilities close to your home address if they can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mossie1m

Hi Everyone,
    First of all well done to the first class that got called and i was wondering does anyone know how many got into the first class from the panel, i heard they called candidates in the high 30s, not sure if this is true or just spoof,,,:rolleyes:

Advertisement