Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD evening BComm and Law Degree discontinued

• 03-01-2014 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭ Atticus Gray Tray

Probably showing my age here but I notice that the part time degrees in UCD for BComm and Law are no longer available. Unfortunate as this was a good route to entry for mature students and people with families.

I notice UL are still running a evening law degree but it's a shame that none of the Dublin Universities are running a part time degree course in law.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭lawfilly

Probably showing my age here but I notice that the part time degrees in UCD for BComm and Law are no longer available. Unfortunate as this was a good route to entry for mature students and people with families.

I notice UL are still running a evening law degree but it's a shame that none of the Dublin Universities are running a part time degree course in law.

Griffith College and Independent Colleges run part time degree course in law. As well as the part time Legal Studies diploma in Kings Inns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭ Atticus Gray Tray

lawfilly wrote: »
    Griffith College and Independent Colleges run part time degree course in law. As well as the part time Legal Studies diploma in Kings Inns!

Respectfully and correct me if I'm wrong but is Griffith and Independent colleges as well recognised as the other Universities. Also, do these degrees cover all the modules to sit the Kings Inn entrance exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

Why is it that Griffith, Independent, DBS can all run part time law degrees in a private capacity and the Universities can't. Surely the demand is there if three private colleges in Dublin can all run the course competing with one another?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

DIT Aungier street have a part time course leading to Diploma and Degree. The degree award is Bachelor of Laws.

Advertisement