Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Top Gear is back - Sunday 27th January

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

So a MK4 estate could be bought new in 06?

Possibly. I seem to remember seeing an 07 one advertised at some stage on car zone. Most likely had been sitting up a while before being registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

My god that range rover is an amazing piece of kit

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

BX 19 wrote: »
    My god that range rover is an amazing piece of kit

I was in a 2010 one recently as a back seat passenger.

It was horrific.
    No legroom (I've fairly long legs), and the suspension was like jelly, the slightest pothole and it jarred everyone in the car.

Put me off them for life. Didn't help that I'd a bad knee injury and restricted legroom caused me grief.

Lovely looking cars, with lots of ability but a serious -1 for me as a backseat passenger.

Stheno wrote: »
    I was in a 2010 one recently as a back seat passenger.

It was horrific.
    No legroom (I've fairly long legs)............

RR sport or a full size one?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

RoverJames wrote: »
    RR sport or a full size one?

Sport I think, didn't pay much attention, as it was due to car seating for a funeral, I'm fairly certain sport was on the badge, there was about 14 inches legroom in the back.

• Advertisement

The sport is disco based so a tad smaller than a full fat RR :)

RoverJames wrote: »
    The sport is disco based so a tad smaller than a full fat RR :)

Put me off them for life, couldn't walk for about two days due to existing injury, cramp, and the godawful suspension, not helped by the appalling driver, who has a hummer as a day to day vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

I'll give you ugly cars, Nissan Tiida (horrific) and the Corolla saloon (02-07)no design thought put into both.

On Top Gear I thought this was a good episode funny and interesting and Hamsters pulling the face to match that mini was brill.:cool:

I have to take the opposite view to you on Hammond.

That whole Mini thing was cringeworthy. All of his skits look incredibly faking with him just howling out some nonsense while on the other hand, Clarkson and May try to be witty.

The old person's car skit would have been much more entertaining if May had done it instead of Hammond.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

That whole Mini thing was cringeworthy. All of his skits look incredibly faking with him just howling out some nonsense while on the other hand, Clarkson and May try to be witty.

The old person's car skit would have been much more entertaining if May had done it instead of Hammond.

He definitly changed after his accident,lately he does appear to be a bit manic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭blackwhite

I've seen a few 06 MK4 estates on the net before, unsold cars or something Id guess?

The mother bought one new in late 2004. She got a very good deal on it because the Mk5 had been rolled out for everything except the estates, and they weren't expecting the Mk5 estate until mid-05 at the earliest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Well I'm not usually a Hamster fan and I don't like the way he fawns over Clarkson, however I did think pulling the face was funny.

I'm not a fan of ripping perfectly good cars apart (Multipla) put what they did was funny especially Clarkson's new speedo.

Next week should be good the boys looking for the source of The Nile over 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

I'm not a fan of ripping perfectly good cars apart (Multipla) ....

Hahhahahahahahahahahahahah :pac::pac::pac:

Stop. Mys sides are hurting from laughing so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Cungi wrote: »

Multipla is a good car. Just cause it's ugly, doesn't mean it's bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Ok point taken, what I meant was the condition of the car was excellent irrespective of make or model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

Ok point taken, what I meant was the condition of the car was excellent irrespective of make or model.

I know what you mean dude :)
    The Multipla could have parts that never fail and run on a teaspoon of water but it would still be the most hideous looking thing ever

Second generation looked a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Well I'm not usually a Hamster fan and I don't like the way he fawns over Clarkson, however I did think pulling the face was funny.

I'm not a fan of ripping perfectly good cars apart (Multipla) put what they did was funny especially Clarkson's new speedo.

Next week should be good the boys looking for the source of The Nile over 2 weeks.

Sounds like they're stretching out the Christmas episode for two hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I know what you mean dude :)
    The Multipla could have parts that never fail and run on a teaspoon of water but it would still be the most hideous looking thing ever

Second generation looked a lot better.

;):D:p (I like it, I'd buy one just to annoy people)
    And anyway:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Not impressed with the new season so far, I think they are running out of ideas, and they are stretching every idea out as much as they can, there seems to be less and less content in the more recent shows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

;):D:p (I like it, I'd buy one just to annoy people)

Remember, if you are in it you cant see it.

(thats what i say about my girlfriends yellow A3)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Not impressed with the new season so far, I think they are running out of ideas, and they are stretching every idea out as much as they can, there seems to be less and less content in the more recent shows

The first two or three episodes were very good and actually laughed at moments in them. The last two not so much.

I watched one of the newer episodes of fifth gear too and actually enjoyed it from a motoring perspective!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

The new Range Rover is pretty impressive.

Though you would expect that for the price.
    Looks like the version James drove is €160k on the Landrover website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Good to see Range Rovers are as capable as ever even if 99.9% will never see those conditions (and even less of a chance of me owning one :rolleyes:)

More chance of owning an Oshkosh MTVR, British Army bound to be selling some soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,800 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's funny to see 10-11 year old Lianas on Autotrader for around a grand these days, I wonder how much Top Gear would get for their two models.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

1st of a 2 part special on tonight btw, 8pm

This should be decent, less of the three lads and more of the cars and we'll be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Really enjoyed tonight. The specials are a different class.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

was hammonds car stuck at one stage but they didnt show it. pity they didnt if it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Subaru ftw!

Legacy outback would have been ideal for them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

would love an 850r, even more than a scooby wagon (christ i must be geting old) but the show has really gone to fook.

Advertisement