Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

curlymo wrote: »
    I think that all soap operas should not be shown before watershed times as most of the content is not suitable for kids that are tuned as a family. Also too much drinking in each of them and you will notice that not one of them ever have a drink problem.

I also think to combat the underage drinking culture it should be like the US 21 years of age before you are allowed to drink.

Whats your problem with drink dude, I think it bothers you that much you are the one with a problem ,
    What Im saying is drinking affects you more than me and I drink heavily , you seem to be near tea total . Isnt it ironic dont ye think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Also too much drinking in each of them and you will notice that not one of them ever have a drink problem.

I also think to combat the underage drinking culture it should be like the US 21 years of age before you are allowed to drink.

Hiding away alcohol and having strict laws and making it forbidden will only make youngsters want it more ;)

Sure in France the young uns get wine with their evening meal and they don't have the issues we do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭ Saige Wooden Mocha

Raising the drinking age will increase the amount of underage drinkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Steve Jobs is held up as some incredible person

I've read the Walter Isaacson book and my impression was he was a hysterical asshole and tyrant and would switch from bullying to bursting into tears to get his way. And abandoned his own daughter

Everything I hate in a person and manager

Managers need to be strong but you can be a leader and passionate without this

Here here. Seems to have been an awful wanker, most of the tributes from those who knew him were more to do with his aptitude for success and zero in the way of actually being a good guy. Sure even Hitler was an undeniably good economist to an extent.

Steve Jobs wasn't really comparable to Hitler.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Steve Jobs wasn't really comparable to Hitler.

In fairness I think that's a fairly popular opinion.

Although I am led to believe they both attended Cupertina Junior High, Cupertina, California.

Both big fans of aesthetics too.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭loishasdied

texidub wrote: »
    Georgia Salpa is photogenic, but her mouth is too small, her chin tapers away to nothing, and her D4 accent makes me want to vomit.

georgia salpa is better looking in real life and has a great personality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I like the south dublin accent. They speak the most clearly out of anyone in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Looking at the post of the day is making me think the average user on this site isn't the sharpest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

The Rubberbandits are sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

AeoNGriM wrote: »
    And most of the worst too.

would you look down on the rolling stones because bon jovi exist?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Israel have defiled the memories of those lost in the holocaust by using it as an excuse for their "over protective" policies in the Middle East.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Israel have defiled the memories of those lost in the holocaust by using it as an excuse for their "over protective" policies in the Middle East.
    Hardly an unpopular opinion to be fair. Quite the opposite.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Wibbs wrote: »

In that part of the world there is no such thing as "over protective" as we may see shortly .The distances are very short indeed .Israel is very vulnerable to missiles within striking distances .

For Rubbish on boards this takes some beating indeed .Learn some history and geography .This a wind-up it's absurd .

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Wibbs wrote: »
    paddyandy wrote: »
    For Rubbish on boards this takes some beating indeed .Learn some history and geography .This a wind-up it's absurd .

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

derfderf wrote: »
    would you look down on the rolling stones because bon jovi exist?

Bon Jovi are so bad that even I look down on the Rolling Stones, and I'm bloody named after one of their songs!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

The Pogues are absolutely shhhhhiiiiiiiiiiteeeeeeeee.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Phenomenally Phrank

U2's 'Achtung Baby' album was actually pretty good-it defined both their career and the era it was released in. If they'd gone their separate ways after the Zoo TV/Zooropa tour then they would've left a great legacy in music.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

People who go missing are most likely dead. A lot of families delude themselves hoping otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

While their disastrous, suicidal and idiotic decision to go into government with FF meant the greens certainty deserved to be punished harshly by the electorate their complete wipeout in the last general election was rather unfortunate.

bUNshop ; Deluded can be a pleasant state of mind and we've all known it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

paddyandy wrote: »
    bUNshop ; Deluded can be a pleasant state of mind and we've all known it .

Yeah I know, I Just don't understand it. Most people know these people are likely gone yet you can't say it out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Most of the time kids with ADHD are just little ****s with ****e parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I agree

And a lot of that is diet. Why do you send your child to school with a lunchbox of biscuits, sweets and sugary fizzy drinks and then wonder when they start acting up?

And instead of addressing that you take them to the doctor, they get labelled and then possibly even get drugs

Yet the biggest drug around is food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭undergroundvibe

i believe there is a need for vigilantes to sort out local small criminals such as burglars that the gardai do not seem interested in sorting out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I agree

And a lot of that is diet. Why do you send your child to school with a lunchbox of biscuits, sweets and sugary fizzy drinks and then wonder when they start acting up?

And instead of addressing that you take them to the doctor, they get labelled and then possibly even get drugs

Yet the biggest drug around is food

Sugary foods don't make kids hyper.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Megan Fox isn't that hot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

Yeah I know, I Just don't understand it. Most people know these people are likely gone yet you can't say it out loud.
    not really,a lot of people plan on disappearing for one reason or another. I had a great aunt went missing in the 70's, just disappeared one day leaving no trace behind, took nothing just gone. Some suspected she had left for England with a married man and to this day that appears to be the only conclusion. I often thought about doing it myself, just disappearing and starting a new life somewhere else where no one knows you or anything about you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement