Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options
1474849505153»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

i see a high % of people have cerny of qpr at 4 million as there 2nd choice keeper, he's hardly going to be number 1 ahead of rob green?

Yeah I noticed that too, I can understand people wanting a 4m goalie as filler but I can't understand why Cerny is so overwhelmingly the most popular 4m goalie.

Personally I've gone for Gazzaniga of Southampton. Has to be an absolute legend with a name like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

He had 13/14% ownership at one stage. More than almost everyone else in the game.

Best filler ever... im pretty sure he actually got a few minutes near the end of the season too haha :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

How accurate are those player projection tables on Fantasy Football Scout? Did they end up being any good last season?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I know, a huge amount of ppl had him in as there third sub

And then they got screwed over when they couldn't get rid of him later in the season. No one expected Newcastle to do so well and then they weren't able to get 3 of the high performing Newcastle players into their team because Ferguson was so cheap and difficult to get rid of.

Oh how I laughed.
    The funniest thing about Ferguson last season was when so many people brought him in to clear up funds that his price actually rose by 0.2.

We then had people who would claim having only 14 in their squad was worth it because they made a 0.1 profit.

Now THAT was a laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Graham or Petric and Song or Diaby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Graham or Petric and Song or Diaby

Petric and neither of them. Song gets assists but only every couple of games. You'll be kicking yourself every week he returns 2 or 3 points. You'll probably be waiting 2 or 3 games between every assist and Diaby? I'd never even think of having Diaby. I'm either very wrong or right in saying that you shouldn't go near him. There are fantastic options for 6.5 this season, I'd go for a non-Arsenal player

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Did anyone get the Premier Guide in today's Mirror?

Some stats by opta to mull over.

Top Keepers: Vorm 77, De Gea 76, Hennesy 75

Defenders: Clicy 76, Rangel 74, Terry 73

Midfielders: Bale 78, Dempsey 77, Silva,Arteta,Modric,YaYa Toure 76

Strikers: Rooney 86, Van Persie 81,Aguero 78 & for a laugh- Suarez is next on 77.

Amazing how some players that did well going by OPTA were FF failures,Carrick was in the top 10 OPTA list of mids but no way would I put him in my FF team.Likewise,Suarez was joint 4th with Adebayor but what did Suarez actually do in FF last year??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

What does that stuff even mean? I could pull numbers out of a bingo machine and make just as much sense of them.

Rooney was better than RVP?

Hennesy 3rd best keeper?

Arteta as good as Silva?

Oh and I better drop Kompany from my team now, I forgot about super Rangel.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

carlcon wrote: »
    What does that stuff even mean? I could pull numbers out of a bingo machine and make just as much sense of them.

Rooney was better than RVP?

Hennesy 3rd best keeper?

Arteta as good as Silva?

Oh and I better drop Kompany from my team now, I forgot about super Rangel.

They count stuff that FF doesn't.The Euro 2012 FF game mirrored it slightly with points awarded for ball winning etc. whereas the EPL FF just sticks to the basic goals,assists etc. A player could be rubbish yet get 3 lucky tap ins & a great FF score,OPTA reflects how rubbish they were then counts the goals.

If we were to depend on OPTA when picking our team we'd have a half decent team,however the other half would be rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Word in the Arsenal thread seems to be that RVP may have done a U-turn on his decision to leave based on their recent signings. I'll wait for some more concrete info on this but if he's staying and happy, I might be keeping 3.0m in the bank to get him in. I highly doubt anyone in my private money leagues will keep that sort of cash spare for RVP so they could struggle to fit him in if he starts off brightly.

13.0m is a lot to pay for him but if I could have him for a few weeks as captain while my rivals can't afford him, that could be a huge head start to the season. As it is, I'll wait and see with him but he's firmly back in my thoughts again.

• Advertisement

Word in the Arsenal thread seems to be that RVP may have done a U-turn on his decision to leave based on their recent signings. I'll wait for some more concrete info on this but if he's staying and happy, I might be keeping 3.0m in the bank to get him in. I highly doubt anyone in my private money leagues will keep that sort of cash spare for RVP so they could struggle to fit him in if he starts off brightly.

13.0m is a lot to pay for him but if I could have him for a few weeks as captain while my rivals can't afford him, that could be a huge head start to the season. As it is, I'll wait and see with him but he's firmly back in my thoughts again.

I dont know is 13 million justifiable for anyone to be fair! Yes you may get a few good weeks if he starts off well and you captain him every week, but then again you may not and you will have to make do with a few below average players elsewhere in your squad where you could end up taking points hits to save the extra 3 million! Id love to have him again this year! Had him for all of last season and he done me well but personally i dont think i could part with the cash for 1 player!

Imagine a Van Persie, Rooney and Aguero front 3 :cool:

Paully D wrote: »
    Imagine a Van Persie, Rooney and Aguero front 3 :cool:

captureyvy.jpg

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

captureyvy.jpg

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Get Cabaye out for another £6.5m midfielder (Hoillet, McClean etc) and use the extra £0.5m to upgrade Shorey and that's actually not too bad at all.

If Van Persie does stay at Arsenal it's a similar team to something I might look at myself.

Paully D wrote: »
    Get Cabaye out for another £6.5m midfielder (Hoillet, McClean etc) and use the extra £0.5m to upgrade Shorey and that's actually not too bad at all.

If Van Persie does stay at Arsenal it's a similar team to something I might look at myself.

Thats not actually my team ha!:) Just something i threw together when i seen your comment, wanted to see if it could be done with a reasonable squad of players that will all start! I wouldn't bother with all that money up front, i prefer to have a strong midfield! And i think Cabaye will do well, he had a good season last season and can see him improving on it if Newcastle can keep up there form!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Kawagwa and Hazard.... Are they too risky to have for the start?
    Will the coaches try to ease them in or just drop them in it at the start?

Just can't make up my mind on it... definitely feeling dodgy about kawagwa!!

Or with their respective positions are they worth the risk given the potential points return!!!!

Just reckin me head!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

What's really wrecking my head is the thought of RVP and Lucas Moura at United! The rotation in that team will be unreal!

Whatever about RVP, Lucas won't end up at OT.... pity though.... :(

Whatever about RVP, Lucas won't end up at OT.... pity though.... :(

You think PSG?

Looking like that.... still, even without him. its very hard to pick out the middle of the park and upfront for United, Think even Rooney will be rested and rotated....

Any Opinions?

• Advertisement

Looking like that.... still, even without him. its very hard to pick out the middle of the park and upfront for United, Think even Rooney will be rested and rotated....

Any Opinions?

Ah it's frecking impossible.

You have to assume Scholes will get reasonable game time. I don't think Anderson and Giggs will get much game time.

Then there's Nani/Val/Young/Kagawa/Cleverly/Carrick/Rooney/Welbeck and Hernandez

Assuming Valencia and Rooney are regular starters then you're left with four spots.

I think Scholes/Cleverly/Carrick will rotate two of those spots and depending on how they setup either Kagawa plays behind Rooney with Nani or Young or he plays two upfront in which case Kagawa is pushed out wide to fight for a spot with Nani and Young.

If RVP joins then it actually makes it a bit easier to at least come up with a formation. RVP and Rooney up front with the others left to fight it out.

Personally I see Young becoming more of a bench player.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Sanit Cazorla officially an Arsenal player. Will definitely keep an eye on his price, especially if Silva is unfit for the start of the season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Kawagwa and Hazard.... Are they too risky to have for the start?
    Will the coaches try to ease them in or just drop them in it at the start?

Just can't make up my mind on it... definitely feeling dodgy about kawagwa!!

Or with their respective positions are they worth the risk given the potential points return!!!!

Just reckin me head!

There has been alot of talk in the last few days that Hazard will be eased in to the Chelsea team so I might actually leave him out of my initial team.

I'm also a little nervy about Kagawa. We will know more once we see how United line out against Barcelona tomorrow night. More than one pundit recons that Wellbeck and Rooney will start vs Everton which flies in the face of all the 4-2-3-1 talk we have been hearing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Thinking about playing it safe for the first few weeks... but for instance if Hazard does start both games in the first gameweek and runs riot it will be a disaster..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement