Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

btea having been made redundant

• 12-06-2013 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi there,

I was made redundant in January and signed on for Jobseeker's Benefit which I am still receiving. I've applied to go back to college in September as a mature student and been accepted. I know I can get btea in September as it's within a year of being made redundant.
    I have the opportunity now to get some part time work for the summer which would mean working 3 days and receiving JB for 2 days. However, I'm worried that the following change in the budget will affect the amount of btea I will be entitled to in September....

"Since 1 January 2013, if you are a new BTEA participant aged over 25 your weekly BTEA rate will be equal to your previous social protection payment (the payment that qualified you for participation in the scheme)."

what is "the payment that qualified you for participation in the scheme"??

Would this mean that working 3 days a week for the summer I would only get the equivalent of the 2 days JB that I would be getting in September immediately before I start?
    Or having qualified for full Jobseeker's Benefit when made redundant, this would be the payment that qualifies me?

There doesn't seem to be much on the citizens information website about this change in the rate or qualifying through redundancy so I'm just hoping someone here can help!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

As far as I'm aware there is a Mistake in that. You should receive the full amount once you qualify and are over the age of 25. Im sure if you ring the Citizens advice they will clarify this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

My understanding is, if you JSB runs out and you are means tested as getting a JSA payment of €50 per week due to a spouse working for instance, then on BTEA, you will also get €50 per week.

Advertisement