Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What do you think of Sleek?

• 14-03-2015 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭

What do you girls make of the Sleek eyeshadow palettes?

On some of your advice, I bought the "iDivine Storm palette" and I have to say, I'm seriously impressed!

The colours (but more importantly the quality) is amazing...I have an Urban Decay Naked palette and I actually think the Sleek palette can give UD a run for its' money.

I'm loving the pink and gold colours at the moment; I blended them the other day on my lid with a soft brown at the outer corners and several people commented on my eyes.
    It's tricky to wear a pink eyeshadow normally, especially if you're pale like me, but this was really flattering.

Thrilled to bits with my purchase; I'm gonna have to try the other palettes now!

Any of you got Sleek and what do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

fussyonion wrote: »
    What do you girls make of the Sleek eyeshadow palettes?

On some of your advice, I bought the "iDivine Storm palette" and I have to say, I'm seriously impressed!

The colours (but more importantly the quality) is amazing...I have an Urban Decay Naked palette and I actually think the Sleek palette can give UD a run for its' money.

I'm loving the pink and gold colours at the moment; I blended them the other day on my lid with a soft brown at the outer corners and several people commented on my eyes.
    It's tricky to wear a pink eyeshadow normally, especially if you're pale like me, but this was really flattering.

Thrilled to bits with my purchase; I'm gonna have to try the other palettes now!

Any of you got Sleek and what do you think?

Have their blusher is Rose Gold, supposedly a dupe for Nars Orgasm.

Actually much prefer Sleek's version! Don't know why I don't have more Sleek make up to be honest :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I have most of their eyeshadow pallettes. Before they came to Ireland, I used to go up north specifically for them :pac:

I absolutely love them. When it comes to eyeshadow, I used to only use mac or ud. But sleek shadows seem really highly pigmented for the price and blend really well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I picked up their blush in rose gold on foot of a recommendation in the blush for redheads thread. I really like it, I'll probably go back for the life's a peach one too!
    And it sounds as if I'm gonna have try these eyeshadows too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

I got the idivine palette and was actually disappointed with the colour pay off. People had said it was similar to UD and Mac but I didn't think so and thought they were a little chalky actually. However I found their contouring palette in lightest colour very good and the blush in it is similar to the NAR orgasm alright, just doesn't blend in quite as easily in my opinion.

Have Sleek blushes in Rose Gold and in Sunrise, I don't use them often but they seem to last a long time.

The best dupe for Orgasm is Milani's 'Luminoso' - available on Amazon UK if not on the shelves.

%D0%A0%D1%83%D0%BC%D1%8F%D0%BD%D0%B0%20Milani%20Baked-Luminoso1_enl.jpg

Slightly peachier than Rose Gold but slightly more flattering for it imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Really like Sleek. I have the Romance eyeshadow palette, a couple of blush palettes, contour palette, some lip liners, pout polishes, the Rose Gold flush... Quite a few bits actually!

Quality is really good, the liners and blush are as good as any of my MAC stuff. The Rose gold blush is a great dupe for NARS Orgasm. Eyeshadows have good staying power and pigments.

I prefer to order their stuff online though as the stand in my boots is usually ransacked :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Valentina, I ordered from Boots.ie and got my Sleek palette delivered free of charge to my local Boots; it's the best way really as you can choose from the huge range of Sleek products from the Boots website and it'll be delivered to your local store the next day.

I think I'll have to buy this Rose Gold blush you're all raving about as it sounds great. I bought Antique Rose and it's a touch too dark for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Is it just me, or are the Sleek palettes ridiculously hard to open? I wanted to use mine yesterday and almost broke one of my nails trying to open it, really annoying! Apart from that I think they're great value and good quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

^^ I agree with the point about the palettes being hard to open, you'd nearly take a nail off trying to get at it!

I've bought a few bits from Sleek and, although I liked them initially, the quality does reflect the pricepoint. I had a mattes palette (the idivine one?) and found it chalky, hard to blend and prone to a lot of fall-out. The blushes seem to be alright but not too blendable, and the concealer palette wasn't fantastic either. I did love the brow kit though.

I have pretty high standards when it comes to make-up though; I prefer to pay more for great quality instead. Just my 2c :)

IMO it IS great quality. I have a Naked palette from UD and I think the Sleek palette is actually better quality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I really like the eye pallets, but any other bits i've tried have been disappointing. I find the contour pallet can look quite .... dirty when applied and their matte glosses get a bit flakey after a few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

I love the eyeshadow palettes, I got the Au Naturel one a while ago and the colours are gorgeous. I like their brow kit a lot too. I don't think I'd buy any of their other products though, foundation etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I found sleek okay, wouldnt put in on par with urban decay at all though. However I recently bought two pallettes from ACcessorize and have been really surprised at how good they are for the price!

In terms of nars orgasm - I know its pricey but god it lasts for ages. I use it daily and have had mine for years and its still going!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

I have a few things from Sleek now, and I recently bought a few sleek products from boots just before this thread was posted.

I already had one of the Face Form Palettes (I think it’s the face form, was trying to find it on the boots site and can’t find exact one I have)
    I really love it... almost about to hit pan on the highlighter.
    Also I have Corrector and Concealer palette and this is a bit of a miss for me... I used it a few times and now it’s at the bottom of my makeup drawer.

Recently I wanted some makeup for everyday wear to work etc. So that I can keep my Mac and UD for going out.
    Got the following from boots;
    IDivine Au Natural - Love this for basic looks, haven’t played around with it too much so cannot comment on fallout chalkiness etc...
    Suede Effect Pressed Powder - Managed to pick a really good colour match so I'm happy
    Received a free Sleek lethal length Mascara - Really loving this, have been using fibre mascara for a while and this is a nice change.

Then decided to go for the Sleek makeup palette gift set so I can try out a few more products...
    I often get kits and gift sets like this to try out things as it worked out so much cheaper than buying individually.
    In this I got:
    IDivine Vintage Romance - Haven’t had a chance to use this yet, but loving the purple colours.
    2 x smaller size true colour lipsticks - Really love the Liqueur colour, not so sure about the Vamp colour.
    Antique Blush in dusky rose - Tried this and must say it is very glittery, not shimmery
    I actually think it looks nice on my skin I used it more of a contour but not an everyday colour IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Almen11

Love sleek have two of their palettes, a professional loose powder and a face form pallette. I always recommend them to my friends as they're such good quality for the price! So glad they finally stock it in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭travellingbid

Recently purchased the rose gold blush to use for day wear to save my Nars - it does the job but is a little more gold than rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

I was in the airport today looking to treat myself to some eyeshadow palettes and came across Sleek.
    The colours seemed very pigmented on my fingers so decided to pick up some palettes. Boots had 3 for 2 on makeup so picked up 2 eyeshadow palettes and a highlighter palette - all for less than £20 sterling.
    So I'm delighted that I came across this thread and such good reviews.
    Looking forward to playing with these palettes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Have been a fan of Sleek for years now. Had loads of their eyeshadow palettes but most went missing when I moved house last year (lost my UD 15th Anniversary palette too, was awful :(). So now all I have left are Au Naturel and Acid palettes. The only thing that annoys me is the shadow names not being printed on the palette - I always lose the little plastic sheets. Other than that, I think they're great.

I own a lot of the Pout Paints too, which I like, although I haven't worn them as much as I used to a few years ago. Love the blushes (Rose Gold, Suede, Coral and Fenberry) and the brow kit I have. Not a huge fan of the lipsticks I tried as I found them very drying, but think I heard that they changed formulation. I didn't like the dip-pot liquid eyeliners either, found any I tried very patchy.

Overall I think they're a really good affordable brand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I really like the eye pallets, but any other bits i've tried have been disappointing. I find the contour pallet can look quite .... dirty when applied and their matte glosses get a bit flakey after a few minutes.

Glad I'm not the only one, I was very disappointed by their contouring palettes (I've tried two!). I have never tried their eyeshadow because I'm trying to use up some of my other palettes but will definitely consider looking at them sometime in the future! :)

A little off topic but has anyone ever finished an entire eyeshadow palette? Or even hit pan on them? I have the original Naked palette and a few cheaper MUR, MUA and W7 palettes and have barely dented them.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

Luno wrote: »
    A little off topic but has anyone ever finished an entire eyeshadow palette? Or even hit pan on them? I have the original Naked palette and a few cheaper MUR, MUA and W7 palettes and have barely dented them.

Never hit pan on an eyeshadow palette but have done on blusher and powders :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

I've hit the pan on two shades in my naked 1 palette and one shade in my MUA heaven and earth. Don't ever see myself being able to ever finish a full palette though!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

I actually like the contouring kit. I blend it with the Real Techniques buffing brush and find it looks quite natural. It's my tied me over until I'm ready to splurge on the Anastasia Contouring kit!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Glad I'm not the only one, I was very disappointed by their contouring palettes (I've tried two!). I have never tried their eyeshadow because I'm trying to use up some of my other palettes but will definitely consider looking at them sometime in the future! :)

I've hit pan on three or four of the eye shadows in the original Naked palette. It's my favorite and I think the only palette I've hit pan on.

Regarding Sleek, I have never tried their eye shadow palettes but I have quite a few of their blushes and I think they're nice. I would say that they're worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Bought the eyebrow stylist yesterday - tidying brush on one end and crayon on the other - its brill! I dont like the eye shadows or the powders but loved this

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭crestglan

I'll be trying this sleek myself after all these comments

crestglan wrote: »
    I'll be trying this sleek myself after all these comments

Definitely should.
    If you're not sure where to start, and if you're into eyeshadows, try one of their iDivine Palettes.

Like I said, I love the "Storm" one, but there many to choose from.

Boots.ie stock the whole Sleek range and you can order from them and have whatever you want delivered, or sent to your local Boots for no extra charge.

Happy Sleeking!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Have the vintage romance palette, absolutely love it, the colors are beautiful really pigmented and last all day!

Have the vintage romance palette, absolutely love it, the colors are beautiful really pigmented and last all day!

The Romance one is next on my wishlist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Roxirose

Can anyone tell me where I can buy sleek in dublin city centre? Don't have time to order online thx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Roxirose wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where I can buy sleek in dublin city centre? Don't have time to order online thx

There's a stand in Boots Stephen's Green, usually well stocked too :)

Advertisement