Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Driving Test, lost licence

Options
  • 14-06-2013 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭

Hi i lost my licence and planning to send away for a new one today but my test is on the 8th july and i dont think ill have it by then. Will i still be able to do the test?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

email the road safety authority and they will be able to advise you on this
    i am sure you are not the first person this has happened to

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You lost your provisional licence?
    This is a guess but if you're in the system/computer it might be ok anyway.

I'm bouncing this over to LtD as I'm guessing some other learners have had this problem too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

ok thanks for the help lads

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Ardeehey

all I can say is that when you go to the test centre they don't check your license number in a system so the only proof they woudl have is to actually see your licenese, think you might be goosed to be honest, you can always apply to have the date changed, if you are a no show or turn up and they say no then you'll be out of pocket. Got a new license in Feb and it took about 5 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ring the test centre and ask, worst case try to reschedule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

case885 wrote: »
    Hi i lost my licence and planning to send away for a new one today but my test is on the 8th july and i dont think ill have it by then. Will i still be able to do the test?

Contact your local licence issuer and see if they can guarantee a replacement licence before 8th.
    If not cancel your test.
    You have to give 10 days notice so as not to lose the fee, you have a bit of time yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Pity i didnt cancel it before going to the tax office, getting the licence in a week

Advertisement