Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Acne Scarring

• 27-03-2015 5:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭

Any ladies (or gents) have any advice on treating acne scarring? I think I've finally sorted out my skin and wouldn't have many breakouts but my skin is ruined from years of cystic acne. My chin in particular is absolutely ruined, very red and bumpy.

I've heard laser works fantastically and I'm definitely interested in hearing any experiences with it, particularly from anyone who got it in the Cork area.

But I'm not opposed to using something over the counter if I was sure I'd see results.

I finally have my skin sorted and I still can't go make up free over this issue so any advice is greatly appreciate. Thanks :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

There are a number of things that can be done to get rid of and reduce the appearance of acne scaring. The majority of this scaring can be reduced and gotten rid of by using over the counter products however in some case depending on the type of scaring prescriptions or laser treatment may be required. So first what kind of scaring do you have is PIH, PIE, or is it ice pick scaring?

Also are you currently using any products to help fade or get rid of the scaring if so what products. Also can you please post up a fully routine and products used and if you have any sensitivities to certain ingredients so that people can be better informed to advise you.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Dermarolling is a great way to get rid of acne scarring. Check out the how to and before and after vids on youtube. Getting it done professionally is 300 euro which is insane when you can pick up a roller, sterilising spray and aftercare fluid for less than 80 euro on amazon.

Advertisement