Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due February 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I wasn't due to start my maternity leave for another 2 weeks but the doctor has just signed me off on sick leave. Loads of little things were adding up to make me feel awful. Was a relief to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Roadtrippin

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    Just over 3 weeks to go. Really hope I have a February baby. Think I'll crack up if I go over!

I know exactly what you mean. I am in week 39 now and knowing my luck will probably be overdue. The wait is unbearable at this stage. And everyday there is more fun late pregnancy symptoms :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Can't believe February is here.. A lot done but more to do in our house but we'll get there. Just hoping for Feb baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Anyone just getting the state maternity benefit?I got a letter today to fill out as soon as the babies born with a birth cert attached as I'm entitiled to additional supplements,any one ever hear of this before?? I've never had the government send me letters offering money before!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rozmiss

Hey lashes sorry for taking so long to reply. Alannah was 6lb 11 born 1 week early. I was induced as showing possible pre-eclampsia symptoms. But she dropped to 6 lb 2, 3 days later as I was leaving the hospital. Have had PHN every day since weighing her, and she literally has been on my breast for a whole week! She just kept losing weight. Thankfully my milk came in day before yesterday and she finally put weight on yesterday so everything is starting to look better!

I was lucky I had everything ready to go seeing as I went early and was able to come home to a ready room. That said could not get out of the house Wednesday cause I was so tired I could not remember how to open the wheels for the pram (was the big RED button) ... Wow the sleep deprivation!

I also got my maternity benefit but no extras! I have to go into city center to apply for a SAFE CARD?.. Avoiding it at the mo cause apparently old building with no lift!

• Advertisement

Have any more February babies arrived? I'm not due for another 2 weeks but am getting very impatient! Every strange twinge (and there's lots of them) has me wondering if this is it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Ooh I'm a bit broody and jealous of all ye February mammies! Had my little girl last February and my little boy the February before. It's a lovely time of year to have them because it'll be summer when they start to get really alert and lively. Good luck to all of you :D

How do you find the age gap mrspostman? I've a girl who just turned one and now due in 13 days.

Cakerbaker I'm the same,shocking crampy tonight,but had a huge day out in Dublin at my son's show using public transport .Probably didn't help me!!
    Would just love it all over and done at this stage!! Mind you I've still to put the crib together. I need to get it sorted tomorrow or else he will be in a drawer lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I tried to post but the site was messed up. Our little lad arrived early. He was born on Jan 24th. I posted a full recap here: Baby Diary

Her water broke as we were going to bed on the Friday night. I'm not sure how it is in Ireland but they allow the whole thing to play it's course naturally here. They had said some could take up to 3 days from when the water breaks. Her contractions started just after midnight on Friday\Saturday morning. He wasn't born until early Sunday morning. About 26 hours and my other half didn't get an epidural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Lashes28 wrote: »
    How do you find the age gap mrspostman? I've a girl who just turned one and now due in 13 days.

Cakerbaker I'm the same,shocking crampy tonight,but had a huge day out in Dublin at my son's show using public transport .Probably didn't help me!!
    Would just love it all over and done at this stage!! Mind you I've still to put the crib together. I need to get it sorted tomorrow or else he will be in a drawer lol

I actually found it not too bad lashes. I think the adjustment to having my first baby was harder. And once my little girl came along, I was still in baby mode from my little boy. It was grand for the first few months when the newborn slept a lot, then I found it got a bit difficult for a while trying to get ready to leave the house. So I got really organised and got into a good routine and that helped. My lifesaver was a decent double buggy and getting out for a walk every day.

It's fairly hectic at times but I wouldn't change it. I was lucky that both of mine are good sleepers and they get on great so that helps a lot :) When we are out and about, older women often come up and tell me that they had a similar age gap and that it was lovely to have them grow up close together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Baby Typer Monkey arrived this morning at 5am. Was such a different experience to giving birth to my daughter (which was a horrific labour!). It was 10 hours from first contraction to birth, I got an epidural which was absolute magic and made the whole experience so calm and controlled. It only took 2 big pushes and out he came. He's eating and sleeping great. Needed some stitches and feeling bit achy but should get home tomorrow.

Good luck to anyone still waiting!

Ah congrats typer. What weight was he? Glad to hear you are doing well

Ah congrats typer. What weight was he? Glad to hear you are doing well

Thanks Lashes :)

He was 8lb 12 a and really long. Delighted with him!

Good luck with your impending arrival.

When were you due??I'm so jealous!! What a bruiser!!

Many congrats. Very jealous. I'm 38weeks and first baby so imagine I've a few weeks to put in yet.

When were you due??I'm so jealous!! What a bruiser!!

Thanks everyone. I was due today! We came home yesterday afternoon and he's guzzling his bottles and sleeping great. I've a sore back and achy pelvis but otherwise well :-)

Delighted for you Typer,I have 10 days till due date. Was in docs today really happy with blood pressure baby's position and finally the infection I've had in the urine has cleared with antibiotics .Back in hospital on Monday,hope to get a plan of action for a sweep..

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pp1401

Due date today.... still no sign of the baby!!

7 days to go for me.
    Aches pressure and crampyness but no Labour. Boooooo

10 days left for me. Am getting lots of aches and twinges and get my hopes up at every one of them! No joy though!!!

• Advertisement

Me too cakerbaker .I'm like okay start timing tthem and then they disappear!!
    Need to set up crib and Moses basket tomorrow.
    Anyone else exhausted? I had a two hour nap earlier!!

Hows everyone doing? Anymore babies?

Still waiting...... Though was probably being too hopeful seeing as I'm not actually due till next week! Have everything ready that I can think of so feel completely prepared that way but feel totally unprepared in another way cos life ain't ever going to be the same again!!! In a good way of course!!!

Massive contraction from 8 onwards last night, got over to hospital ,in delivery room at 3.25 and gave birth 3.27am.fast and furious. Baby boy 8lb 12 oz .

Congratulations everyone!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Congratulations all :)

Congrats to both of you! Lashes my little fella was 8lb 12 and came pretty quickly too 😊

Hope you're both recovering well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Congrats all! :)

No stir here although due date not til later this week. March baby for me I think. Congrats to everyone who's got through it.

• Advertisement

Sitting here feeding my little one who arrived on Wednesday, his due date! Hope everyone else is going well!

Advertisement