Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Speical K diet

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

This post has been deleted.

Try this as a sample day

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs, fried mushrooms, fried tomatoes and fried spinach
    Lunch: Chicken breast with salad, what ever leaves you like, tomatoes, cucumber and red pepper, with olive olive and balsamic vinegar
    Dinner: steak with onions and mushrooms[/Quote]
    Thanks I actually love all vegetables fish fruit etc etc. not a fussy eater at all. It's funny heart disease in my family and for past 4 decades we on low fat spreads dairy etc yet now I'm in trouble. Meanwhile I know man 15yrs older weighs 26 stone and he has no health issues. Also by way I always drink black tea coffee never sugar. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Thanks I actually love all vegetables fish fruit etc etc. not a fussy eater at all. It's funny heart disease in my family and for past 4 decades we on low fat spreads dairy etc yet now I'm in trouble. Meanwhile I know man 15yrs older weighs 26 stone and he has no health issues. Also by way I always drink black tea coffee never sugar. :(
    He's 26stone.

Trust me He has major issues!!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

Low fat spreads and low fat dairy may be the reason for your poor health.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭d15ude

Frogdog wrote: »

can you explain why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Frogdog wrote: »

I don't think so, I barely ever eat cheese and only milk I ever use is skim milk for decades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

edellc wrote: »
    I currently weight between 16 and 17 stone :( and normally weighed between 10 and 11, I dont really keep a food diary as such but I know what I eat is healthy and is portion controlled

You are in denial. Go and find one of the many food tracking websites and use that for a week.

Im Hungry Now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭meijin

Im Hungry Now
    I'm eating now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Okay so I am sick of cutting down to 1200 calories, running and walking and spinning like a mad person and still my weight remains the same

So I am thinking of doing the two bowls two meals two weeks but with bran flakes dont like special K

has anyone done it, does it work...I know your all going to go on about a healthy diet believe me I have one total stick vege but have an illness that counter acts all my good work....so just want to know about this diet and what people think...will be starting it on tuesday :)

Not worth it, I tried it a few years back and I had crippling stomach pains, I actually ended up in hospital because I was bent over in two in pain. whats the point in these faddy diets, you will never keep the weight off. Exercise, healthy eating and plenty of water might be a slow way to lose weight but at least you'll keep it off for good and not starve the whole time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

meijin wrote: »
    I'm eating now :D
    same here - the wife just made a raw chocolate cake - avocadoes, nuts, chocolate, coconut. Sounds wrong but tastes so right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

, I currently weight between 16 and 17 stone :( and normally weighed between 10 and 11, I dont really keep a food diary as such but I know what I eat is healthy and is portion controlled...
    You are in denial. Go and find one of the many food tracking websites and use that for a week.

That some good advice there. I use fitday i find it easy to use. I would like to see what you eat on a daily basis to get some idea why you are overweight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Without going into too much info and sob story, I had a tough two years and yes I comfort ate, I put on two/three stone while pregnant, then another when I lost my mam and another when I was getting bullied in work, It was and is the only time in my life that I have ever put on this amount of weight....I have never had to diet nor restrict my food intake, I did go to ww before with my sister but found it unhelpful the leader was hell bent on cutting this and that out which I found unhelpful as that is not a balanced diet....I also have an underactive thyroid which is crap to say the least....Since I stopped breastfeeding I have not lost any weight but I have not put any on either so that is a positive I suppose....The thing that is missing from my life is exercise like I did when working (I walked 10k a day) now I struggle to do any

My diet is mostly
    scrambled eggs, brown toast for breakfast
    soup for lunches
    and dinner is anyone's guess really, anything from veg curry with wholegrain rice and lots of veg and quorn chicken bits, pizza on pitta bread, chilli, veg stir fry, veg lasagne with quorn, vege burgers and salads, enchiladas, the list goes on we try new things all the time himself likes to cook a lot

my other problem is the time I eat dinner at it usually ends up after the baba goes to bed so its about 8.30pm which is not good, so i suppose I know what needs to change...eat earlier, get back to walking 10k a day..I think i just struggle as baba doesnt sleep the night through and I end up getting very little sleep between 4 and 6 hours a day which over time really messes you up

I was looking for a quick way to loose a little weight to encourage me to keep loosing and I remember doing the special K diet years and years ago before going on holidays and it always seemed to work but I know cereal has a lot more sugar in it these days so wanted to know if anyone had tried it and if they had lost anything on it...I myself do not believe in diets I have seem many around me go on them and loose lots only to pile it back on and then some...i do believe in a little of what you like doesnt hurt its just when its a lot of what you like when it does :D so i know what i need to stop putting off what i need to do and just do it, so im off this thread...over and out x

oh and thats for the recommendation regarding food tracking websites just joined one very helpful and encouraging didnt know they existed so thank you for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Without going into too much info and sob story, I had a tough two years and yes I comfort ate, I put on two/three stone while pregnant, then another when I lost my mam and another when I was getting bullied in work, It was and is the only time in my life that I have ever put on this amount of weight....I have never had to diet nor restrict my food intake, I did go to ww before with my sister but found it unhelpful the leader was hell bent on cutting this and that out which I found unhelpful as that is not a balanced diet....I also have an underactive thyroid which is crap to say the least....Since I stopped breastfeeding I have not lost any weight but I have not put any on either so that is a positive I suppose....The thing that is missing from my life is exercise like I did when working (I walked 10k a day) now I struggle to do any

With the last sentence I don't know if your going to come back to the thread and read this but do you know what's causing the underactive thyroid? If it's hashimotos then stay well clear of bread and things that contain gluten in that case a little of what you like does hurt.

tbh I dont know what causes the underactive thyroid, I was diognoised after I had my baby, 6mths after and it took 6mths for them to get the meds right in their eyes but I still have symthomes especially the tirdness but not sure it that is caused by the thyroid or my little lad not sleeping through the night :o but the tiredness really gets to me as all I want to do is sleep which isnt good but doc says my levels are fine so I dont know whats going on

I dont eat a lot of bread just the bit in the morning, and never white, but I do eat pasta, spuds and the like which being a vege also is unavoidable as there is only so much you can cut out before eating nothing but leaves but I do try limit it to every other day and not every night but himself cooks the dinner and as I said he likes to experiment as he isnt a vege so he trys to make meat dishes into vege ones and uses the pasta, spuds and quorn to recreate said dishes

thanks for the advice tho will be going back to docs soon for my bloods again so will ask

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

tbh I dont know what causes the underactive thyroid, I was diognoised after I had my baby, 6mths after and it took 6mths for them to get the meds right in their eyes but I still have symthomes especially the tirdness but not sure it that is caused by the thyroid or my little lad not sleeping through the night :o but the tiredness really gets to me as all I want to do is sleep which isnt good but doc says my levels are fine so I dont know whats going on

I dont eat a lot of bread just the bit in the morning, and never white, but I do eat pasta,
    Ask the doctor about hashimotos (it's seems to be the most common form of underactive thyroid) ask about antibody test and your T3 which doesn't get checked as much. Have a read of the things here and learn to read your own results.

you don't need to eat a lot of bread to have it effect you and it doesn't matter what colour it is and pasta is the exact same but if your going for an antibody test don't give it up till after that, it can give you a false negative.

This bit I don't know what your saying
    spuds and the like which being a vege also is unavoidable as there is only so much you can cut out before eating nothing but leaves but I do try limit it to every other day and not every night but himself cooks the dinner and as I said he likes to experiment as he isnt a vege so he trys to make meat dishes into vege ones and uses the pasta, spuds and quorn to recreate said dishes

thanks for the advice tho will be going back to docs soon for my bloods again so will ask

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Also make sure the soup has a low salt content - they are notoriously high and if you're having it every day thats not good.

In fact make the soup yourself!!

oh I make the soup myself most days and some days have baxters wholemeal ministronie or veg ones...I dont like salt so never add it to any food I have just pepper :D

must say i am loving the food logs on line finding it really really helpful :D

Advertisement