Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Thinking of doing the following treble:

Barcelona 8/11
    Bayern 10/11
    Sheff Utd 4/9

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

munich are hosting the final this year and mairseille standing between them and a semi-final spot! but bayern's away form has been dodgy! mairseille qualified last round basically just due to 2 90 min goals in either leg!

Gomez wincast is 9/5 and taking bayern at 10/11

okay going much bigger on tonights bet than last night

a simple 3/1 double

Gomez wincast 9/5 & Barcelona win 8/11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Doing a little double this afternoon

Horizont Turnovo v Vardar Skopje - Macedonian Premier League
    Panthrakikos v Thrasivoulos Fylis - Greek Liga

Vardar are top of the table, top of the form table and have the best away record playing the second from bottom team.

Panthrakikos have won every home game this year so far, conceding only 1 goal. They're playing a team in the relegation zone who've only won one away match so far and have one of the worst goals conceded records.

I will admit I haven't got the slightest clue about these leagues, just hoping the stats don't lie!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Unloading the clip on Barca if this doesn't come in I won't be on this forum for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Metalist Kharkiv DNB @ 2.45 looks a great bet, they'll win the Europa league this year or at least reach the final imo, the odds on Sporting keep going up, they were at 1.65 when the draw was made, yesterday they were at 1.85 and now they just moved up to 1.95, Metalist DNB was at 2.70 a few days ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Tempted by Barca and Bayern to win 12/5 and Messi to score first 3/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,833 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    thanks man. Ambrosini is probably worse than Bommel so that is a nice bet

@seanhynes. Ill be ringing boyles tomorrow

So its 7/4 on him, I didn't take bet yet thou because I want to know more about the line up and the ref. Anyone know much about the ref?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Group matches between the 2 saw 5 and 8 yellows. German Stark for the 8 yellow, German Stark for the 5

The ref for tonight doesnt seem too strict and over 5,5 cards on bet 365 doesnt appeal to me @2.1

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭seklly

Have a €50 free bet so just put it on the following treble:

AC Milan v Barcelona - Over 3.5 Goals 7/4
    Marseille v Bayern Munich, Mario Gomez - Wincast 13/5
    Sheff Utd v Chesterfield - Sheff Utd -1 6/5

Comes to just under 21/1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Messi to score more goals than Milan 2/1

• Advertisement

magherakid wrote: »
    Messi to score more goals than Milan 2/1

Nice bet. Never seen that kind of bet before, who's that with magher?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Tempted by Barca and Bayern to win 12/5 and Messi to score first 3/1.

I went with this 10 euro on the 1st 5er on the 2nd.

Luck has been fairly gick lately so im not putting on to much :P.

Hopefully things change 2nite!!

inforfun wrote: »
    Group matches between the 2 saw 5 and 8 yellows. German Stark for the 8 yellow, German Stark for the 5

The ref for tonight doesnt seem too strict and over 5,5 cards on bet 365 doesnt appeal to me @2.1

I'll probably regret it but I think I'll leave it

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

seklly wrote: »
    Have a €50 free bet so just put it on the following treble:

AC Milan v Barcelona - Over 3.5 Goals 7/4
    Marseille v Bayern Munich, Mario Gomez - Wincast 13/5
    Sheff Utd v Chesterfield - Sheff Utd -1 6/5

Comes to just under 21/1
    Going with something similar but not as adventurous:
    Messi wincast
    Gomez anytime
    Sheff Utd.

€10 returns €63.48

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Nice bet. Never seen that kind of bet before, who's that with magher?

William Hill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Large single on Bayern
    PP powerplay barca and bayern 12/5. Hadnt time to price for better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

So its 7/4 on him, I didn't take bet yet thou because I want to know more about the line up and the ref. Anyone know much about the ref?

Ref doesn't seem too strict but this will be a fiery enough encounter I'd imagine. I'd expect 4 cards at least, similar to the group games, but Ambrosini will most likely get booked.

I don't like people telling others to make bets they don't make themselves but I have no way of placing a bet on Ambrosini to be booked for this game. If I was you, I'd take 7/4 for it. At the very least it represents good value, but I expect it will come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Gone big on the PP enhanced double of Barca & Bayern @ 12/5.

Ref doesn't seem too strict but this will be a fiery enough encounter I'd imagine. I'd expect 4 cards at least, similar to the group games, but Ambrosini will most likely get booked.

I don't like people telling others to make bets they don't make themselves but I have no way of placing a bet on Ambrosini to be booked for this game. If I was you, I'd take 7/4 for it. At the very least it represents good value, but I expect it will come through.

Bommel will be back for the next leg right?

What do you think about Sheff Wednesday, Barcelona and Milan to win at 9/2?

• Advertisement

Bommel will be back for the next leg right?

Yep. Only a one game suspension and he's fit again from a recent injury. That, together with Ambrosini just returning from a european suspension for yellow cards, means he has nothing to lose at all by being booked because Van Bommel starts ahead of him anyway.

As well as that, he's just not quick enough to keep up with the Barca midfield and will get caught out by their pace. That's how he usually gets booked.

Aswell as that Milan have no other defensive Midfielder in the squad as nocerino is going to play on the right, and isn't keen on the anchor role, and Muntari isn't in the CL 25 so Ambro will probably play the full 90 mins. I'd be very surprised if he gets through the night without a yellow.

Best of luck whatever you do! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭elmossman

Ac Milan draw no bet 14/5 is the bet of the night, personally I have 10 on them to win at 4/1 though. Barcelona are amazing, but Milan gave them two good games in the qualifiers and are incredible at home. 4/1 is too big a price to refuse on Milan.

It'd be a surprise to me if Barca and Milan both won! :pac: haahaha

Yep. Only a one game suspension and he's fit again from a recent injury. That, together with Ambrosini just returning from a european suspension for yellow cards, means he has nothing to lose at all by being booked because Van Bommel starts ahead of him anyway.

As well as that, he's just not quick enough to keep up with the Barca midfield and will get caught out by their pace. That's how he usually gets booked.

Aswell as that Milan have no other defensive Midfielder in the squad as nocerino is going to play on the right, and isn't keen on the anchor role, and Muntari isn't in the CL 25 so Ambro will probably play the full 90 mins. I'd be very surprised if he gets through the night without a yellow.

Best of luck whatever you do! ;)

One last questions mate, any AC Milan players on yellows tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Do you mean Munich instead of Milan m8?

I've gone for a single on Munich at 4/5..

BTTS in the Barca game at just under evn's..

Nothing too mad...

It'd be a surprise to me if Barca and Milan both won! :pac: haahaha

Sorry, I meant Bayern instead of Milan!:o

Smithwicks your advice has changed my mind, iv gone for Ambrosini to be booked

One last questions mate, any AC Milan players on yellows tonight?

Puyol is for Barca and there's definitely one Milan player. Think it's Mexes but not 100% sure. I'll have a look now to see.

Smithwicks your advice has changed my mind, iv gone for Ambrosini to be booked

Starting to feel the pressure now! :pac:

I believe it's a very good bet. Boyles is it?
    Wondering if I raced into town now would they give me 7/4 in the shop or is it a phonebet only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

okay going much bigger on tonights bet than last night

a simple 3/1 double

Gomez wincast 9/5 & Barcelona win 8/11

getting a bit of stagefright :p

looking at more stats marseille concede very few goals at home; 11 in 15 league games and 2 in their 4 home champions league games. they lost to arsenal and olympiakos 1-0 at home though. munich can be seriously clinical at times and would expect them to a do a job here.

milan may be top of serie A but a few injuries, and playing the reigning champions who are on another level, they could produce something magic in the san siro though! they've only conceded 7 in 14 home league games and the only team to score against them at home in the champions league this season is barca themselves

I'm going for a 20€ stake, not as confident as I was

another bet I was considering was Barca to score 2+ goals at 4/6. put 2 past them in both games earlier in the season! they'll have the majority of possession just depends how ruthless they are! (4/5 on boylesports)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement