Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

City jobs (asking/offering)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

Anyone hear/see of any more jobs advertised?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Due North wrote: »
    Does anybody know what Xtravision are like to work for.Thay are advertising on Fas website.

I worked for them for 7 years. You're hours are consantly being changed, could be in today 5-10 and they would call you and tell you to come in at 7 at 3 o'clock.

DMs are always giving out, managers seems to be dropping like flys in the last year, theres vacencys up all the time.

People think its an easy number. Its not really, always stuff to be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Due North wrote: »
    It's on page 2 of Fas jobs site for Galway. Under Retail Store Manager Knocknancarra

They hired a new manager not long ago. Wonder why they left?

Being a manager for them is not worth the pressure they put on you. Money isnt great. I know a few stores that managers took redundencys and the new mamagers didnt last long at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I worked for xtravision for 4 years. The turn over of managers in that time was unbelievable.

The work itself isn't the worst, but unfortunately the company is poorly managed and not the best for taking care of their staff. I'm not putting xtravision down as they essentially funded my life for 4 years. I think it is important to let people know what they're in for though. If taking shít from both sides if the counter is okay in your book, then go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 boxmanshomeboy

I want a job so bad :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

TK Maxx have a sign in their window looking for staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

Anyone have any tips/advice on applying for work in pubs/nightclubs specifically around the city? I have no relevant experience so just dumping in a CV isn't gonna work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

Anyone have any tips/advice on applying for work in pubs/nightclubs specifically around the city? I have no relevant experience so just dumping in a CV isn't gonna work for me.

Offer to do a trial run, for free, and if you don't work hard enough (in their opinion) you will walk away (or try better the following night) but if you do good, ask for a position as a bar back or floor staff. Most places do trials anyway.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Don't apply for the bar position, apply for glass collector/ floor staff. you won't get hired for the bar without experience. Be willing to work split shifts, long hours no breaks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

New Look have ad for staff in window (Eyre Sq centre)

Also, Koztelloes looking for full time receptionist, ad is on their facebook page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭whatever99

Anyone know what Vulcan in Parkmore are like to work for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Any retail outlets or hotels/restaurants hiring? Applied to all the above but I'm seriously struggling!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mikalela

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Any retail outlets or hotels/restaurants hiring? Applied to all the above but I'm seriously struggling!

Hi, I know that Adecco in Abbeygate Street Upper is hiring waiting staff for the Ardilaun Hotel. I worked there last Saturday, it's a very busy place and the job is quite stressful, but you can try! Good luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tym

Hi, I know that Adecco in Abbeygate Street Upper is hiring waiting staff for the Ardilaun Hotel. I worked there last Saturday, it's a very busy place and the job is quite stressful, but you can try! Good luck! smile.gif

FYI, I think you need silver dining experiance for that:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sillico

New shop opening in the galway shopping centre selling womens clthes, looking for full time and part time staff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

mikalela wrote: »
    Hi, I know that Adecco in Abbeygate Street Upper is hiring waiting staff for the Ardilaun Hotel. I worked there last Saturday, it's a very busy place and the job is quite stressful, but you can try! Good luck! smile.gif
    Tym wrote: »
    FYI, I think you need silver dining experiance for thattongue.gif

I know, I worked in that role over a period of 4 years, so I'll apply today!
    Sillico wrote: »
    New shop opening in the galway shopping centre selling womens clothes, looking for full time and part time staff :)

Cheers! Although as a male I'll probably not get it but I'll try anyway! Any job vacancies posted are always welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Masterchefs Hospitality have 200 catering jobs at the Volvo Ocean Race global village.

According to Galway News

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

whatever99 wrote: »
    Anyone know what Vulcan in Parkmore are like to work for?

I've heard stories...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bshauna

where is this shop located ??

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭whatever99

Sniipe wrote: »
    I've heard stories...

Care to elaborate?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,666 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

bshauna wrote: »
    where is this shop located ??

If you mean the Galway Shopping Centre ... it's number 3 on the Terryland neighbourhood map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tym

Going into the city today, anybody see any vacancie?:P

Oh, the new store openeing in the Galway Shopping centre is between Tesco and the shoe shop, on the left hand side. Just walk away, or towards, the big tesco and it's an empty store with a sighn on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

Artisan Restaurant on Quay St have a sign in the window today, looking for Waiting Staff. It says Apply with CV upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Redman89

Hey first time poster. Just moved to Galway last week and had to quit my original job selling airtricity door to door because its a scam.
    Really need to find a new job have applied for lots but no luck yet. Was wondering if people know of any place hiring that isnt on Job.ie or fas because iv applied for all of them
    Any help would be really appreiciated rents due soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Keephercountry

Redman89 wrote: »
    Hey first time poster. Just moved to Galway last week and had to quit my original job selling airtricity door to door because its a scam.
    Really need to find a new job have applied for lots but no luck yet. Was wondering if people know of any place hiring that isnt on Job.ie or fas because iv applied for all of them
    Any help would be really appreiciated rents due soon.

Drop a cv into kennedys bar on eyre square, there always looking for promo and floor staff for the nightclub!! Apply everywhere on on quay st as the ocean race is comming up on the 30th of this month and the will be looking, if you're a grafter they will prob keep you on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

this closed last week but it's defo worth sending your CV in anyway as there's been quite a few hired so far this year.....

http://www.recruitireland.com/job/international-assistance-coordinators-galway/14601275/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

Hey guys, anyone know of any Sales/Shop Assistant jobs going in the city/outskirts?? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Hey guys, anyone know of any Sales/Shop Assistant jobs going in the city/outskirts?? thanks.
    Theres a 'city jobs asking/offering' thread here if you search it. Headlines newsagents in the Corrib Shopping Centre are hiring a sales assistant now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

Open interviews in Gourmet Tart in Salthill generally on Friday mornings.
    Due to terrible mgmt they have high turnover of staff and are quite stuck now :)
    Owners are in helping out with the kitchen..etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement