Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UCC Ultimate recruitment.

• 17-09-2009 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hi guys,

UCC Ultimate frisbee club are recruiting next week and onwards, (I said I'd post a new thread as it's not a society, on the 'Pimp my society' thread if that's gravy)

Ultimate is a fast-paced, non-contact, self-refereed sport, which values fitness, agility, good hand eye co-ordination and spirit. There are open, mixed and women's teams. It is 7 -a side, played on (usually) a grass pitch roughly the length of a hockey pitch, and is sort of like American football, in that to score a goal, the disc must be caught in the opponents endzone.

If you don't know what the sport is about, throw it into youtube and you'll get a slice.

UCC are the fastest growing university team at the moment, and have competed in venues from Sheffield to Galway to Dublin to our local shores of Cork. We train hard, and travel a lot.

Social life is an important aspect of every club, and we like to think that we have one of the best atmospheres in ours. I came along at the start of last year basically not knowing anyone, and I found the lads extremely friendly, and most importantly, competitive. There is a very strong competitive ethos at the club.

If you're an athletic guy or gal, we'd be delighted to have you sign up, and don't worry if you've never played (which, to be fair, most if ye will not have done) ; everyone starts at the same level in college.

More information is available at

www.uccultimate.com

ps

if you see anyone throwing frisbees around campus, feel more than free to approach them, if there's one thing we like it's teaching people how to play!

cheers.

Advertisement