Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1st Arts results are up !!

• 15-09-2009 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

:D passed !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Congratulations.

Aren't they late though? Or were they repeats? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

Congratulations.

Aren't they late though? Or were they repeats? :confused:

repeats id say, bit late in the year for first results.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I'm still waiting for mine. Nothing in my email as yet. :confused:

Probably a stupid question but did you check your student administration?

Probably a stupid question but did you check your student administration?
    Suprisingly since the results weren't in my email, i didn't think to check in my Student Admin. But yep, they're in there and i failed Psychology so i'll be starting out first year again next week.

• Advertisement

grenache wrote: »
    Suprisingly since the results weren't in my email, i didn't think to check in my Student Admin. But yep, they're in there and i failed Psychology so i'll be starting out first year again next week.

Sucks dude.

What subject you gonna do? Or staying with Psychology?

really sorry to hear that grenache. :(

Cheers for the sympathy dude/dudess, but i dont really deserve it. I'm actually happy, because i was nearly sure i failed the Geography repeats too. The correctors of those papers were either overly generous or very intoxicated while marking them, as some of the stuff i wrote was pure cock and bull nonsense. :D Not that i'm complaining. I shall be taking up Politics, wanted to do it last year but it clashed with one of my other subject choices. I'd rather have an ice pick implanted in my eye socket than spend another year digesting Psychology. The use of simple plain English to explain scenarios/outcomes is lost on Psych folk.

At least you're doing something you want and you are willing to do the year. Recipe for success there!

Politics is handy and very interesting in places. Best 'a luck!

politics sounds really interesting, and it deadly you only have to do one subject! how many hours you going to have? 5/6?

sa-weet!

• Advertisement

politics sounds really interesting, and it deadly you only have to do one subject! how many hours you going to have? 5/6?

sa-weet!

Three 1 hour lectures a week & One 1 hour tutorial. So four hours.

The time off sounds unreal at first but it gets pretty boring soon!

Three 1 hour lectures a week & One 1 hour tutorial. So four hours.

The time off sounds unreal at first but it gets pretty boring soon!
    Lads i'm on the UCC site looking for First Arts timetable, but there's about 30 Arts options, i'm just a liberal BA. Is BA (Hons) Arts Music European 2 the correct name for the course? Thats what seemed to be on all my exam sheets. Why all the fannying about with Arts Music, Arts European Studies, etc.....could they not just make it simple and have a single cover all course called Arts!!

Also, when is the closing date for payment of fees?

Cheers.

Lads i'm on the UCC site looking for First Arts timetable, but there's about 30 Arts options, i'm just a liberal BA. Is BA (Hons) Arts Music European 2 the correct name for the course? Thats what seemed to be on all my exam sheets. Why all the fannying about with Arts Music, Arts European Studies, etc.....could they not just make it simple and have a single cover all course called Arts!!

Also, when is the closing date for payment of fees?

Cheers.

I filtered it through College of Arts, Celtic Studies etc.

Then picked BA 1

Here's the link -

http://timetable.ucc.ie:8009/reporting/individual?objectclass=programme+of+study&idtype=id&identifier=BA1%0D%0A&t=programme+of+study+individual&days=1-7&weeks=5-16;20-31&periods=1-20&template=programme+of+study+individual

No idea what the closing date is I'm afraid.

Excellent RC.

Thanks for the link.

You're welcome. :)

Advertisement